Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
There’s a player there, he has qualities and was Brazils first choice about 18 months ago. I know playing for United can utterly destroy a player if they aren’t mentally strong, but his decline has been baffling

There’s a player there, he has qualities and was Brazils first choice about 18 months ago. I know playing for United can utterly destroy a player if they aren’t mentally strong, but his decline has been baffling
Brazil have their weakest team ever, and his numbers were not even impressive in Eredivisie. There has been no decline, he's just mediocre at football.

Brazil have their weakest team ever, and his numbers were not even impressive in Eredivisie. There has been no decline, he's just mediocre at football.

Mediocre is being polite. The guy doesn't even football.

Good mentality. Good luck to him and hope he backs it up.
Me too, but I'm sure he said similar things around December/January and nothing improved. His pre season doesn't suggest a sudden turnaround either. Hope he proves people wrong as he seems to be staying for definite.

Bit like Rashford, unless he's backing it up on the pitch these words mean f*ck all.
He's a winger who lacks straight line pace and an ability to beat his man, his one trick is to always cut in and shoot. He's not going to be able to back anything up. If can presses and improves his defensive side maybe he could be an asset against possession based teams but that's about it really.

GUh4hoJWkAA9ah-

We heard it last year too. 1 goal, and zero assists for the better part of the season.

I like to hear this from him, not shying away. Knows full well people will be there to call him out on it if he fails. Hopefully he can back it up, I'm sure we all have our doubts though.

Problem with the current crop of players is we have heard it all before. As fans we have been reading/listening to this crap for years.

His reaction to being asked to play LB was the end of my support for him tbh. An awful player with a crappy attitude.

Don't be fooled. He isn't going to magically develop elite footballing ability, he's a very limited player. We've seen basically all he can do and all the defenders in the PL are on to him. Amad needs to be the first choice RW instantly, if Ten Hag tries to persist with Antony it won't go down well in the fanbase imo.
I don't know why, but his extreme confidence in himself despite being a terrible player irritates me. He talks like he believes he's an elite player meant for the very top, he probably doesn't realize how lucky he is to be here just because we were being run by extremely incompetent people.

This is not a player who has not given his all and so has room to improve, he's already doing all he can based on his abilities, which I respect him for, but it's not good enough.

If he develops a good cross on his right foot though, could prove useful, but that's extremely unlikely

Have zero faith in him, he's a waste of space. All that empty talk would mean something if it came from Rashford or Sancho players who have the talent but lack the mentality but not with Antony he simply doesn't have the quality don't matter how much work or attitude he puts on, he just lacks the talent nevermind for a top club he's not even premier league standard.

Watch him have another shitty season, a loan next year and then be allowed to go for free the year after. Won't come good for us and he's so bad we won't recover a pound for him. Simply our worst transfer in the history of the club, that's something as we have quite a few feck ups, and definitely a top 5 worse transfer ever.

Wonder when the LB conversion chat will raise it's head again this season

If he should work on one thing, it should be that shot on his left into the far corner. He manages to get that off at least once per game, but it's too floaty. If he could at least get this down, he'd be halfway dangerous, albeit still limited.

I don't think we've seen him 'in full' for some time. He was very dangerous in his passing (not crossing per se!) when he had over and underlapping backs/midfielders around him, as Ajax was a team with many positional changes in each attack.

It's possible this doesn't work at United for him, as it also didn't work for Donny who was very good at interchanging positions at Ajax but who was a nothing player at United also.

Bit like Rashford, unless he's backing it up on the pitch these words mean f*ck all.
This.....right now only "Blah blah blah".

And i have no idea how he wants to getter better in the next weeks.....he will be the third choice on the right wing.

If we want to sell him then we should play him more as left-back ;)

"It's there written on paper in my objectives, more work on the right foot". He's 24 years old and he's talking like a 9 year old who hasn't learned how to use his weaker foot yet.

"It's there written on paper in my objectives, more work on the right foot". He's 24 years old and he's talking like a 9 year old who hasn't learned how to use his weaker foot yet.
Believe in the magic paper. More goals/assists too.

Seriously though, he hadn't worked on his right previously, as it wasn't written down as a target? Ridiculous :rolleyes:

Having flashbacks from when Antonio Valencia was allegedly working on his left foot. It completely changed his game...

It's nice to see him motivated and ready to have a better season but sadly don't think his impact will be much better this year. Can't deliver in the Premier League I'm afraid so. Perhaps other top 5 European leagues would suit him better.

It's gonna be like signing a prime Ronaldo. Can't fecking wait!

Having flashbacks from when Antonio Valencia was allegedly working on his left foot. It completely changed his game...

What Valencia didn't do, besides improving his left foot, was going to reporters and saying "Watch this space, I have notes."

Where I would've had more respect for him is if he kept his head down and did his best to gradually improve his game. Also, holding your head in hands when asked to play a left back in a game where you throw everything at the opposition is not a good look for the character. It's seems, long gone are the days when a player would've walked through brick wall for his manager.