Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
No. Arsenal had a similar winger signing who didn't even achieve what Antony has! Let that sink in!
I think Pepe achieved more. According to stats I just looked up, he had 10 goals in his second season.

No. Arsenal had a similar winger signing who didn't even achieve what Antony has! Let that sink in!

Pepe scored 27 and assisted 21 in 112 games. Our boy Antony is on 82 games with 11 goals and 5 assists. Antony has to score 32 goals/assists in his next 30 games to catch up.

Pepe scored 27 and assisted 21 in 112 games. Our boy Antony is on 82 games with 11 goals and 5 assists. Antony has to score 32 goals/assists in his next 30 games to catch up.
How dare you bring facts and data into an emotional debate :)

He's certainly not at the level of United let alone a United that finished 8th.

Scored two goals with his right foot in training yesterday apparently. Maybe anything is possible?

Scored two goals with his right foot in training yesterday apparently. Maybe anything is possible?
Didn't he score against Liverpool with his right in the FA cup?

Kind of a big goal that gets overshadowed by Amad's winner.

Antony won’t ever take penos so the target is 23 goals and 21 assists, let’s be having you!

Even for pre-season, that was a massive stinker of a performance. Why is he not being sold?

Loses the ball all the time. Every shot is trying to "Robben it". He does nothing useful, has no impact and is hurting our wage bill. If he starts one game over Amad, that's a sackable offence. There was no difference in anything from last season to that game. Please sell him for a loss so the wages come off.

Ten Hag was clapping his left footed curved shot.

I hate this managers obvious favouritism over some of his players.

Even for pre-season, that was a massive stinker of a performance. Why is he not being sold?
Ten Hag probably still thinks we can unlock him and that he is “unstoppable becuase he’s one of the quickest over the first 10 yards”.

A well run club would sell Antony, Sancho and Casemiro (at least) this summer. At the highest you can’t carry players who are a liability.

A well run club would sell Antony, Sancho and Casemiro (at least) this summer. At the highest you can’t carry players who are a liability.
Well I am pretty sure the new board would love to get rid of most of the duds we have but the issue is there are not many takers.

He's absolutely helpless it's not he's not up to the level we need, he isn't even premier league level. He's plain awful, sell him for whatever we can get 10-15M don't care he's a waste of wages.

It's the wages isn't it. Unless these players agree to a massive pay cut they wont leave because nobody is paying the likes of Sancho 300k+ a week.

It's the wages isn't it. Unless these players agree to a massive pay cut they wont leave because nobody is paying the likes of Sancho 300k+ a week.
Yeah it’s always the wages. Handing U21 players best in the PL level wages was always going to haunt us. But if nobody is willing to pick up the wages wouldn’t we just have to pick up a part of it for the remainder of the contract? It’s a hit but it may allow us to bring in, for example, a wide player who can actually improve us.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more talk of loaning out Antony. He clearly needs to go to a slightly easier league to discover his Ajax form so he has some value.

You cannot say INEOS aren't making us look like a well run club. Contracts and purchases not done by them shouldn't be used as a stick to beat them with!

Poor today but I feel like he has a big season incoming and will hit 20 goals!

He doesn't look like a premier league level player at all, just sell him, I don't care if we only get 15M back

He doesn't look like a premier league level player at all, just sell him, I don't care if we only get 15M back

I think a loan might be best. Low loan fee of a couple of million, hopefully he regains some kind of form at the club and either becomes useful to us or more sellable

Does he not get any coaching? He's the most predictable player in the league. Even if his right foot isn't great, he needs to go to his right to add some unpredictability to his game. It's so clear and obvious it's making me question his IQ.

The difference between him and Amad is stark. I wasn't too fussed about Antony playing over Sancho as they both don't really provide us with much penetration but Antony at least provides energy. Amad however is just a better player than both of them and has the workrate as well.

I'm hoping he can at least get back to his first season form. While he still wasn't good enough, he also wasn't as bad as is made out. If he can get back to that then he can at least be a useful squad player.

The less said about his second season the better.

Nobody would buy him on stupid wages we gave him

Same reason we cannot sell other stinkers. And yes, he was terrible. That moment at the end when Wheatley tried to clearly play one-two with Antony in the box, but Antony proceeded trying to shoot, instead of passing the ball back and shot directly at a defender was absolutely infuriating and characteristically dumb of him

Last edited:
I'm hoping he can at least get back to his first season form. While he still wasn't good enough, he also wasn't as bad as is made out. If he can get back to that then he can at least be a useful squad player.

The less said about his second season the better.
He was useless in his first season too, the tolerance was just a lot lower last season. In his first season he got a lot of the benefit of the doubt because he was young and it was his first season so people were hopeful about his 'potential' especially after his hot start.

Last season the penny just dropped with many who were trying to be positive previously.

In a way Rashford falling off a cliff last season put more spotlight on the other forwards because he couldn't carry them so they their individual contributions were judged more. Without Rashford banging in 30 goals, a player like Antony is useless.

Why are we insisting on playing him in the one position he will never cut in the PL?
Reminds me of Depay, who looked a world beater against Brugge and Midgetland but couldn’t beat a PL full back to save his life.

Depay went on to have a respectable career as a striker.
Maybe Antony can have have a decent career playing in midfield? A Fred type of role? Lots of energy and he’s not bad a closing down players.
We have two right wingers who are clearly better than him, and even Sancho is more useful on the right than him, pointless playing him there, play him literally everywhere else, maybe something clicks.
Because lord knows, he is unsellable, perhaps even unloanable.