Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Even for pre-season, that was a massive stinker of a performance. Why is he not being sold?

To who?
I mean, maybe there's a club out that exclusively hires visually impaired scouts, but I doubt it.

Horrific waste of money, shown some glimpses of quality but more so outweighed by poor decisions and selfishness. He’s not good enough to be as selfish as he has shown, we won’t be able to shift him on and he will leave for free at the end of his contract, unless it’s a seriously low selling price.

He was useless in his first season too, the tolerance was just a lot lower last season. In his first season he got a lot of the benefit of the doubt because he was young and it was his first season so people were hopeful about his 'potential' especially after his hot start.

Last season the penny just dropped with many who were trying to be positive previously.

In a way Rashford falling off a cliff last season put more spotlight on the other forwards because he couldn't carry them so they their individual contributions were judged more. Without Rashford banging in 30 goals, a player like Antony is useless.
Nah, first season he was quite a bit better than he was in his second. Which says more about his second season since his first wasn't good enough either, but still.

First season he wasn't much of a goal threat either (although he did get 8 goals and 3 assists as opposed to 3 and 2 in his second) but his all-round game was decent. He helped with the build-up and possession game, relieved pressure and got us up the pitch with his ball-carrying, while also being a bit more of a goal threat. Whereas last season pretty much all of that ended up failing as well.

If we were rating them, first season was a 5/10 while his second was a 2/10.

Last edited:
I think everyone wants him out, but his agent came out the other day squashing any talk of him leaving even on loan. He'll be here until the last 12 months of his contract at least.

It's becoming more and more a no-trick pony situation. One of the worst players I've ever seen at United.
True. I'd like to know what that 'one trick' is too, as cutting in & trying to curl it into the top corner has hardly ever worked for him.

Nah, first season he was quite a bit better than he was in his second. Which says more about his second season since his first wasn't good enough either, but still.

First season he wasn't much of a goal threat either (although he did get 8 goals and 3 assists as opposed to 3 and 2 in his second) but his all-round game was decent. He helped with the build-up and possession game, relieved pressure and got us up the pitch with his ball-carrying, while also being a bit more of a goal threat. Whereas last season pretty much all of that ended up failing as well.

You describe a RB and he absolutely deserves playing there but he's too dumb to accept that but ETH knows he goofed on this.

Another mixed performance - some bright moments but generally meh

wonder if he was subbed off due to injury or if EtH was unhappy with him. Didn't seem to be really tracking back to support Scanlon

Another game another nothing performance, it's amazing we managed to pay so much for such a talentless player.

He is the very definition of a one-trick pony.
That one trick is akin to a magician walking on stage, opening a jar of sliced beetroot and saying "Tadaaaa!" then walking off stage, pretending to be an aeroplane running in circles with his arms out wide.

Another game another nothing performance, it's amazing we managed to pay so much for such a talentless player.
Even from his YouTube clips you could tell that he lacked real pace and couldn’t beat a man in a convincing way. Yet everyone on this place wanted him and wanted the club to pay whatever it took. Utterly insane, Murtough you fecking clown, how he got to be DoF only God knows.

How mad is it that he was the first United player to score in their first three premier league games.

Even from his YouTube clips you could tell that he lacked real pace and couldn’t beat a man in a convincing way. Yet everyone on this place wanted him and wanted the club to pay whatever it took. Utterly insane, Murtough you fecking clown, how he got to be DoF only God knows.
When you say everyone wanted him, most people didn’t even know who he was!

He then had a dream start and apparently retired.

I would have hoped to see him out on loan this season. Any injury updates?

He had the same profile as Sancho and at the time it seemed pointless signing him unless we planned on buying a flying fullback.

Need to send him out on loan to increase our chances of selling him next season.

He's a very strange player. Sometimes he looks slower than a 35 year old Beckham, but other times he actually looks very quick. He did Cucurella easily for pace several times in one match, and made Cucurella look completely lost as a fullback. His top speed sometimes looks quite good, other times fairly ordinary. His acceleration from a standstill is actually very good; accoring to ETH he's electric from a standing start. The problem is, when he's accelerating with the ball, he almost always slips or loses his balance. It's so strange. Whenever he tries to accelerate inside, he loses his balance or slips. What is up with that? Either way, he's quicker than Bernardo Silva who is a master at creating space for himself to find a pass or go past. Antony needs to figure out his game. Emulating Robben does not work for him.

Need to send him out on loan to increase our chances of selling him next season.
I am not sure him going on loan would make us any more likely to get a good fee, or any fee.

Another money pit. He's hopeless out wide. Maybe try him through the middle? So he would be like 4th choice CAM after Bruno, Mount and Sancho. Only place I can see any kind of utility for him in the team.

The thing that bugs me here with him is he seems to think he's ace. He's incredibly unlikeable which you could look past if he was a good player.
In my eyes the worst transfer ever at United.

Duped by one of the most underwhelming highlight reals of a winger around?
Come on mate, it was some good stuff in there especially in UCL games against BvB and Liverpool, he also toyed with Atalanta.

But maybe they were underwhelming reels and I was just desperate for a RW.

I think as usual on here it’s reactive. His first season he was promising.

Second season he had the personal stuff and ended the season ok.

This is probably his last season to show that he can kick on. He needs to do better than his first season if he’s to have a future here. He can do this but it’s 50-50 when in reality if he’s kept his head down and had none of the private life BS he’d probably have established himself as our RW by now. He’s an idiot but he’s not as terrible at football as some of you are making out. We signed one of the more promising wingers in Europe. It’s strange how neither himself or Sancho have kicked on. You would have thought pre signing at least one of them would to a high level

I also recall a lot of us being ‘upset’ when he got injured in this first season, seemed like a loss to the side with him out. Definitely made us more of a balanced team.

Season 2 was a tragedy.

Season 3 ??

The bar isn’t even crazy high yet Antony underwhelms.

We are not talking about prime Nani with the electric dribbles and exciting shots from a distance. Just the basics. He makes that look hard so we can’t even begin to expect the proper 80m stuff.

PS

Amad gets praised for doing the simple things right. Antony should be embarrassed that’s enough to keep him out of the team.

Won’t make a difference. He’s well paid so one top bin curler per season from 39 attempts is the payback we get.

Last edited:
I think as usual on here it’s reactive. His first season he was promising.

Second season he had the personal stuff and ended the season ok.

This is probably his last season to show that he can kick on. He needs to do better than his first season if he’s to have a future here. He can do this but it’s 50-50 when in reality if he’s kept his head down and had none of the private life BS he’d probably have established himself as our RW by now. He’s an idiot but he’s not as terrible at football as some of you are making out. We signed one of the more promising wingers in Europe. It’s strange how neither himself or Sancho have kicked on. You would have thought pre signing at least one of them would to a high level

I'd say that's about my take on it too, clearly we didn't sign a footballer worth 80mil but we did sign a decent footballer who with the right instruction and mindset can contribute as a good squad option particularly in tactically tight games as he was doing during his debut season.

The bar isn’t even crazy high yet Antony underwhelms.

We are not talking about prime Nani with the electric dribbles and exciting shots from a distance. Just the basics. He makes that look hard so we can’t even begin to expect the proper 80m stuff.

PS

Amad gets praised for doing the simple things right. Antony should be embarrassed that’s enough to keep him out of the team.

Won’t make a difference. He’s well paid so one too bin curler per season from 39 attempts is the payback we get.

The sad thing is it's even worse than that. He averages 2.6 shots per 90 minutes. 0.06 goals per 90 minutes. So that's a goal every 43 shots :(

Antony is in lost cause territory as far as I’m concerned. Is there a chance he could be successfully converted to fullback? I laughed at the idea last season but with the fullback problem being what it is and his wages being what they are maybe we could salvage some value out of Antony as a backup fullback.

Hopefully, he'll prove useful somewhere else and it'll allow us to sell him for a decent fee next season. We need to find him a decent loan. Right now he is behind Garnacho and Amad for the RW and will only see limited minutes unless we are in a deep injury crisis.

There were massive red flags when I watched a Malacia YT video when he was extremely raw, he completely shut down Antony in that video who was supposed to be tearing it up, but couldn't get a sniff out of a young and inexperienced Malacia.

Hopefully, he'll prove useful somewhere else and it'll allow us to sell him for a decent fee next season. We need to find him a decent loan. Right now he is behind Garnacho and Amad for the RW and will only see limited minutes unless we are in a deep injury crisis.
That's fine, if we can't sell him, keep him as a third option.