Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
It broke my heart, seeing how much he'd wanted to play as LB. Hope that EtH makes it permanent.
Yeah I’m hoping he’d be sold but I’m guessing wages and fee makes it near impossible. He was stinking up that attacking position so much, if I were him, I’d have made that switch to LB myself :lol:

Yeah I’m hoping he’d be sold but I’m guessing wages and fee makes it near impossible. He was stinking up that attacking position so much, if I were him, I’d have made that switch to LB myself :lol:
:lol: if he watched how Amad played yesterday, he should be extremely worried. But he seems thick (like most footballers), and he gets paid a ton regardless he's playing or not.

I don’t know if he can do a Valencia and become a full back. He has the engine and work rate. When I see him play. I see a midfielder on the wing. I’ve always felt he could be decent on the left of a midfield three. A sort of Joelinton reinvention. His press resistance, work rate and passing are all good. But I’m almost certainly grasping at straws.

He seems well down there RW pecking order, and rightly so. He’s been truly awful for most of his time here.

:lol: if he watched how Amad played yesterday, he should be extremely worried. But he seems thick (like most footballers), and he gets paid a ton regardless he's playing or not.

Hopefully he did watch Amad and figured out that a winger needs to create for others and be willing to go outside in order to create space

Yeah, I’m not sure self awareness is high up on Antony’s list of character traits but let me rather not generalise. Hope he has a much improved season, but I think I’m going to be let down again.

Yeah, I’m not sure self awareness is high up on Antony’s list of character traits but let me rather not generalise. Hope he has a much improved season, but I think I’m going to be let down again.

He's young and works really hard, so there's still a chance he might turn decent.

Hopefully he did watch Amad and figured out that a winger needs to create for others and be willing to go outside in order to create space

There are many wingers that are better than him, he could've watched and learned in the last 2 years. And his play still doesn't change a bit.

I don’t know if he can do a Valencia and become a full back. He has the engine and work rate. When I see him play. I see a midfielder on the wing. I’ve always felt he could be decent on the left of a midfield three. A sort of Joelinton reinvention. His press resistance, work rate and passing are all good. But I’m almost certainly grasping at straws.

He seems well down there RW pecking order, and rightly so. He’s been truly awful for most of his time here.

He doesn’t have the attitude to succeed as a full back. Didn’t he throw a fit last year when he was asked to play there just once?

I am still expecting him to be second choice on the right. Though clearly Amad is the better player, until I actually see him being given a run I won’t believe it.

He tracks back well and shows some work rate, but other than that he's absolute dog shit. I dislike him - and his general attitude/demeanour - more than any United player I can think of. Not his fault he was given an insane contract, but he's done nothing to show he deserves to stay here. Wish he would feck off.

He had a bad season last season but he is a good player and hopefully will get back to his best in the coming season, maybe moving him to left side of the front 3 where he can whip balls in with his left foot might help.
No he didn't. He had same level of performances as in his first season, just wasn't getting enough chances to shoot because the team was playing shit. But his level is consistent. Consistently poor. And, he wasn't so lucky as in first season.
He can do better than he did last season. Thats for sure…
Based on what? Have you seen him doing better? Because I am afraid he reached his top level already.

It's a bit odd how there's no real noises about him leaving. One of him and Sancho need to be sold to give Amad a proper go.

He doesn’t have the attitude to succeed as a full back. Didn’t he throw a fit last year when he was asked to play there just once?

I am still expecting him to be second choice on the right. Though clearly Amad is the better player, until I actually see him being given a run I won’t believe it.

I don’t remember, and I also don’t think we’ll actually see him at full back either. He ended the season out of the team, and had seemed to fall behind Garnacho and Amad on the right. With the way Amad ended the season and has started pre-season, and the new executive management team in place, who already briefed that Amad was not for sale at any price, I expect Antony to start this season as third choice on the right. Pre-season would seem to support this as he hasn’t been involved at all.

I would expect our primary wing options to be Garnacho and Amad rotating on the right, and Rashford and Sancho on the left. Hojlund and Zirkzee up front. Antony would be the third man for either wing. Which is good competition for a squad to have but ridiculous when he’s an 80m signing. Nothing can be done about that of course.

I do think he’ll have to be versatile in order to get decent minutes this season. I will be quite upset if Amad isn’t given the chance to really stake his claim this season. He’s shown everything to indicate he’s deserving of it. It’ll be a failure of leadership and the idea of a meritocracy if he’s below Antony in the pecking order on current form and potential.

No he didn't. He had same level of performances as in his first season, just wasn't getting enough chances to shoot because the team was playing shit. But his level is consistent. Consistently poor. And, he wasn't so lucky as in first season.

Based on what? Have you seen him doing better? Because I am afraid he reached his top level already.

He was much better in his first season than his 2nd, I remember everyone lauding him after that lovely goal against Barcelona

He was much better in his first season than his 2nd, I remember everyone lauding him after that lovely goal against Barcelona
He had moments, it's just the team overall was much better so he had more "chances" and the pressure was not so high. He still underperformed massively in his first season.

His first and second seasons were the same, he's showing consistent level of performance at United. He's probably one of the most consistent players we have. In his first season we all saw the deficiencies, it's just Rashford was scoring every half chance so nobody cared about Antony being poor.

Convert to LB quickly, don't even ask for his opinion. If he doesn't like it, he can leave. I don't like what i heard from Ten Hag about him believing Antony still has the potential to play for Man Utd and make it here, it'll be so dissapointing if he keeps trying to make his Antony project work here. Amad is a far superior player and should be the automatic starter, he has the potential to become a top quality rw.

We've already seen what Antony can offer and it's very limited. His agent also came out to stop the loan rumors, well why wouldn't he it's quite obvious that no club Man Utd's size will look his client's way. Add that to the silly contract he was offered and he has zero incentive to want to leave

He had moments, it's just the team overall was much better so he had more "chances" and the pressure was not so high. He still underperformed massively in his first season.

His first and second seasons were the same, he's showing consistent level of performance at United. He's probably one of the most consistent players we have. In his first season we all saw the deficiencies, it's just Rashford was scoring every half chance so nobody cared about Antony being poor.
Yes it's easy to ignore a new signing being poor when you're sat 3rd in the table, and you're trying to give leeway because it's his first season.

When the 2nd season comes around and the team is midtable, the knives are out.

Yes it's easy to ignore a new signing being poor when you're sat 3rd in the table, and you're trying to give leeway because it's his first season.

When the 2nd season comes around and the team is midtable, the knives are out.
Correct and that's exactly what hapenned to Antony. Another player who got really bad reception because of this mechanizm is Mount. But in his case, this was also magnified by the shit tactics with two #10s.

Never understood the hatred for him.

Happy to have him and Amad fight out the RW spot.
Personally, don’t hate him and defended him a fair bit during his first season. But he’s clearly not good enough and clubs with high ambitions should move on from duds faster.

Personally, don’t hate him and defended him a fair bit during his first season. But he’s clearly not good enough and clubs with high ambitions should move on from duds faster.

I won’t rate any player from last season in fairness, was an almost impossible environment for everyone.
I thought his first season was ok, scored a couple of big goals, kept possession well, worked his ass off.
Last season was shite but that was the case for about 90% of the squad.
I’d like to see him (now settled) in a team with confidence and not playing suicidal tactics.

Looking at Amad now, Antony is likely to be his understudy if Amad continues improving at this rate, and I think he’s more than good enough to fill that role.
If we have a better season, I think regardless we’d then fetch a much better fee for him next Summer.

won’t rate any player from last season in fairness, was an almost impossible environment for everyone.
I thought his first season was ok, scored a couple of big goals, kept possession well, worked his ass off.
Last season was shite but that was the case for about 90% of the squad.
I’d like to see him (now settled) in a team with confidence and not playing suicidal tactics.

Looking at Amad now, Antony is likely to be his understudy if Amad continues improving at this rate, and I think he’s more than good enough to fill that role.
If we have a better season, I think regardless we’d then fetch a much better fee for him next Summer.
That’s very convenient for our underperformed sand promotes low standards. Keep everyone and sign nobody then?

My fear is Ten Hag will try to get a tune out of him even if it's detrimental to the team. He has to justify the ridiculous outlay on this guy and can't just cast an £80m+ player away with a shrug.

I hope I'm wrong and based on the end of last season and preseason it looks promising.

Far and away my least favorite United player in the two decades i’ve been a fan of the sport and a supporter of the club. The pantomime villain act is actually just a clown show when you’ve got an impressive lack of ability and end product.

Find a club that will take him on a free transfer and send him off with a compensation package to make up some of the lesser wages he’ll be making elsewhere. Just seeing his rat face pisses me off so much.

My fear is Ten Hag will try to get a tune out of him even if it's detrimental to the team. He has to justify the ridiculous outlay on this guy and can't just cast an £80m+ player away with a shrug.

I hope I'm wrong and based on the end of last season and preseason it looks promising.
I think EtH will not risk it this season, INEOS kept him but I am certain that he is not 100% safe, Antony will have to perform, or he will be benched, the existence of options such as Garnacho & Amad will force EtH's hand in playing them rather than insisting on Antony.

Sorry if someone already posted this. Find it funny how ten Hag has to go all the way back to September 2022 and Antony's first 3 games for the club to prove he can be good player :lol:

I'm probably going insane but I still think there is a good player there in Antony but the guy needs to show some ambition with the ball.

Sorry if someone already posted this. Find it funny how ten Hag has to go all the way back to September 2022 and Antony's first 3 games for the club to prove he can be good player :lol:

Ten Hag is fluffing him up because he’s not leaving, at least not this summer. My prediction is that he’ll fail again next season, and comfortably lose his place to Amad, Garnacho, whoever. And then will get disgruntled about lack of playing time and leave next year. I think we need to keep him for now otherwise we lose a lot of money on him.

Ten Hag is fluffing him up because he’s not leaving, at least not this summer. My prediction is that he’ll fail again next season, and comfortably lose his place to Amad, Garnacho, whoever. And then will get disgruntled about lack of playing time and leave next year. I think we need to keep him for now otherwise we lose a lot of money on him.
Yeah I get why he's saying that but still it's funny for how long he's been without real impact (not counting that goal vs Liverpool in the cup). Hopefully we'll be able to offload him next year. To me looks more likely there will be 1-2 loans until he becomes free agent.

Yeah that made me laugh too, not wanting to just hate on the guy...he was good in his first month! the following 23 months have been awful but c'mon what about that first month "heh"

He did become better near the end of the season right? I mean it was hard, because he was downright shockingly horrific for the majority of the season, but there were definitely signs of improvement...

Could he surprise us if he stays?