Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's so jittery in possession. He must expend so much energy just kind of like, vibrating on the ball. It achieves nothing.

Him having a season average of 4.4 on this forum shows how ridiculous this place can be.

Before yesterday, he'd played 1 minute all season. So his first real game, he wins a penalty and scores, is a bit unlucky not to get a second, and we won 7-0. How can he get a 4.4 off that?

He was good yesterday. This is a really good problem to have. He’ll know he’s not forced his way past Amad or Garnacho yet. He’s going to have to go all out and be productive to win his place back. Doing a shift isn’t going to cover it. That in turn keeps Amad Rashford and Garnacho on their toes and playing with full effort. This is what a squad is for. They should elevate each others game while also sharing the workload. If Antony shows a good attitude and keeps coming in and scoring and assisting he’ll probably get more time here beyond this season. We have a good squad now

I mean, I actually don’t think he’s good enough and would replace him next summer. But while he’s here he can only perform relative to his ability and he did well in that regard yesterday. Some of his contribution to the build was very good.
I don't think he's good enough either. However, I think there's a bit of gap between the player he his and the player we've gotten so far. I'd like to close that gap and then see what we've got. If nothing else it will reduce the financial hit we take when we sell him.

He was good yesterday. This is a really good problem to have. He’ll know he’s not forced his way past Amad or Garnacho yet. He’s going to have to go all out and be productive to win his place back. Doing a shift isn’t going to cover it. That in turn keeps Amad Rashford and Garnacho on their toes and playing with full effort. This is what a squad is for. They should elevate each others game while also sharing the workload. If Antony shows a good attitude and keeps coming in and scoring and assisting he’ll probably get more time here beyond this season. We have a good squad now
Sorry but this is not what you expect from a £85m attacker. This is what you'd expect from a youth product who's been promoted to the first team squad. His place next year should be given to a young player, save on his wages and invest that into a part of the squad that needs improving.

I think he did fine. He was even a little playful at times where it even came off. Howevever, his timing when accelerating and going for a foot race is completely off. He knocks the ball forward so visibly that the defender has started running before him, and although Antony is very quick on the first few yards, his timing prevents him from actually getting past his defender. They can either body block him or slide in ahead of him. On the other hand, when the defender is behind him or visibly unbalanced, he decides not to go for the juglar, instead passing backwards or sideways.

He has some good attributes, great close control, but his decision making and timing are way off most of the time.
Agreed. Something else I despise about his game, he does those foot roll dribbles at the wrong time. Usually when the player is behind him. Like he's inviting them to catch up. Like he's trying to crowbar the brazilian into his game instead of just simple effective wing play.

I commend your positive attitude and hope you’re right

It wasn't a bad performance or anything, his short little passing, etc was very good. I can't help but be disappointed though, despite being neat and tidy he offered very little threat against a vastly inferior side. Rashford and Garnacho were constantly getting in behind or driving at their defense while Antony almost never did. He did win a penalty so I guess he got forward at least once but he just generally didn't look very dangerous which isn't a good sign for tougher opposition to come.

I still don't really think he's a winger, I think he'd almost do better as an attacking mid or something playing a bit like how we've played Mount this season. He obviously won't displace Bruno, or Mount, but I think his pressing and quick passing would do well there. He'd be better off there at least than as a winger who can't ever get past his defender.

Last edited:
he is a mid to low level PL player.

If United want to dine at the top table at home and in Europe he is nowhere near good enough to be part of the main team, distant possibility of a tiny bit part squad player , maybe.

Move him on as soon as is possible.

I've never seen him sprint passed anyone.

There was a moment in the second half where he knocked it forward and tried to sprint round the outside of the full back which predictably ended up with the full back comfortably on the ball.

He looked very sheepish last night and all of those moments of cockiness, even unlikability, seemed to be gone. He just looks for all the world like a person who has lost faith in his ability to play at this level. That's got to be a really a really tough place mentally.

Him having a season average of 4.4 on this forum shows how ridiculous this place can be.

Before yesterday, he'd played 1 minute all season. So his first real game, he wins a penalty and scores, is a bit unlucky not to get a second, and we won 7-0. How can he get a 4.4 off that?
His profile shows highest rated performance of 4.4 against Brighton. So it looks like no ratings have been submitted or are currently being taken into account.

If United want to dine at the top table at home and in Europe he is nowhere near good enough to be part of the main team, distant possibility of a tiny bit part squad player , maybe.

I’m not sure even teams lower down would accept his level of performances, even relegation teams have better wide players, like Elanga and Hudson Odoi at Forrest

Great win last night and a good team performance, but to suggest Antony played well - given the level of opposition and how poor they were - is a reach. He has zero impact and wasted some good opportunities to score and create chances. He offers very little moving forward and I can’t remember him taking on a defender last night and winning. He’s poor and for true wages and outlay it’s pretty embarrassing how shite he actually is. Looks like a wanker too, which doesn’t help.
Looks like his involvement in the first team is going to be very limited which might help him decide to do one soon.

The hate he gets is delusional. He’s not a very good player but people have a personal problem with him. People in here love someone like martial who robbed the club for years.

At least Antony admits he has to improve. Most of the criticism doesn’t make any sense which sums this forum up.

It wasn't a bad performance or anything, his short little passing, etc was very good. I can't help but be disappointed though, despite being neat and tidy he offered very little threat against a vastly inferior side. Rashford and Garnacho were constantly getting in behind or driving at their defense while Antony almost never did. He did win a penalty so I guess he got forward at least once but he just generally didn't look very dangerous which isn't a good sign for tougher opposition to come.

I still don't really think he's a winger, I think he'd almost do better as an attacking mid or something playing a bit like how we've played Mount this season. He obviously won't displace Bruno, or Mount, but I think his pressing and quick passing would do well there. He'd be better of there at least than as a winger who can't ever get past his defender.
Agree with pretty much all of this. He didn't stink the place up, but it really should be a chance to be a lot more threatening than he was.

He is too slow and not powerful enough to really run past defenders consistently, but he has a good touch and a quick burst. In quick possession play around the edge of the box he can be effective, because he also has a good eye for a through ball.

There was a moment in the second half where he knocked it forward and tried to sprint round the outside of the full back which predictably ended up with the full back comfortably on the ball.

He looked very sheepish last night and all of those moments of cockiness, even unlikability, seemed to be gone. He just looks for all the world like a person who has lost faith in his ability to play at this level. That's got to be a really a really tough place mentally.
Not really, he did alright yesterday. Doesn’t look like he’s lost faith at all.

Not really, he did alright yesterday. Doesn’t look like he’s lost faith at all.

I didn't say he played badly, I said he looked sheepish and low on confidence. He was still trying things, but if they didn't come off, it seemed to weigh on him.

When we're talking about a player who a lot of people turned on because of how cocky he came across it is easy to see the difference in body language.

Some real hatred for a United player on this forum. He had an excellent game yesterday but let's use his failure to go past a fullback once as a stick to beat him. How about his pace to beat the defender and reach to the ball before keeper for the penalty?

Some real hatred for a United player on this forum. He had an excellent game yesterday but let's use his failure to go past a fullback once as a stick to beat him. How about his pace to beat the defender and reach to the ball before keeper for the penalty?
You saw an excellent game of his?

I'm not a hater at all, but he was frustrating to watch once again.
So many missed chances that were served to him on a plate.
So many cutbacks after already beating his defender on the wing, but the inability to use his right foot makes this pointless. He has to wait for the defender to level up before he tries an inside curl.
I agree that he doesn't lose the ball often, but he created nothing once again.
There were 2 or 3 counter attacks that died with him. Just compare to what Amad's first instincts are when he receives a pass out wide. Total different mindset, same with Garnacho.

Sorry am I the only one who thought he was poor? Offers nothing, can't beat a L1 player. He scored a penalty but hey we won and scored goals so who gives a s***.
I didn't even see the game bit know this first sentence is true

Perfect post .

I’m shocked people don’t have an affinity for an 80m unlikeable winger that’s contributed pretty much nothing in his time here!

And “excellent” is hilarious. I thought he had a pretty standard average Antony game. Didn’t offer much threat on the wing, had a few shots, made a few passes to overlapping runners, fecked up a few situations, and overall was just fine in a game where attackers dream of the space Barnesly allowed us. In other words he was the only one that didn’t stand out as clearly levels above a league one team.

I've always felt that the best we can do is simply to support him give him opportunities like yesterday.

Sooner or later the likes of Amad, Rashford, ZZ, and Garna will need to be rested or replaced and that is where he will come in.

He is not nearly as bad as what most people make out. Perfectly good enough to play a bit part role this season.

Last season was a write off, but to be fair to him his first season was overall decent.

Last edited:
I've now watched the game.

He made a few nice short passes and touches.

He was incapable of beating his man.

He touched the ball twice with his right foot. Once when a free kick had to be re-taken and he rolled it back 15 yards. The other the falling shot towards the end.

He absolutely refused to cross or pass with his right foot so lost lots of opportunities to make something happen.

Was nowhere near adventurous enough in their half when he got the ball. Probably because he doesn't have the skill set to actually make anything happen.

This isn't enough for a club that wants to be at the top of English and European football.

We miss bought. It is our fault.

All flash but no substance. Maybe it worked at a lower level, but it's not working now. He makes getting past a man look so difficult.

Sorry but this is not what you expect from a £85m attacker. This is what you'd expect from a youth product who's been promoted to the first team squad. His place next year should be given to a young player, save on his wages and invest that into a part of the squad that needs improving.
You really need to get the price tag out of your mind; it's not his fault. You can criticise him for not being good enough for the team, but not for failing to live up to a price tag that had very little to do with his value as a player.

You really need to get the price tag out of your mind; it's not his fault. You can criticise him for not being good enough for the team, but not for failing to live up to a price tag that had very little to do with his value as a player.
It is his fault. If Google or Apple give me a job on a sht load of cash then I know I'm expected to perform at a certain standard. If I don't my manager and HR etc will be on me. When Antony signed for 85 mill at 200 grand a week or whatever then he knew he was expected to be playing at a certain standard and he was expected not to moan when asked to play LB and not to have off field issues etc. Why does everyone keep letting players off with 'oh it's not his fault.'
Could I say that to Google? Oh its not my fault you gave me 500 grand a year. I'm not that good.

I see your point, but I don't think appearing sheepish equates to losing faith.

Humbled, is maybe more of an accurate way to think about it.

He's been poor and has had almost zero end product. Many of his "skills" have become memes. His signature, cUt iNsIde anD sHooT wItH lEft fOoT schtick hasn't really worked and is easy to predict and therefore defend against. He's behind two other players in the squad for a start in that position. He's had some legal troubles that will most likely always be stuck to him in some way.

Maybe he just thinks, time to actually knuckle down and play some football. He's got it good being at United, if he values that and he works hard, then I'm ok with that.

If he still actually thinks he's the bees knees and can play at the highest level just from doing what he's been doing, then he should be moved on so he can go and be found out elsewhere.

Was he? He won and converted a penalty fair enough but did he do anything else? I don’t remember him taking on and beating his man once nor do I recall him creating any chances.

It is his fault. If Google or Apple give me a job on a sht load of cash then I know I'm expected to perform at a certain standard. If I don't my manager and HR etc will be on me. When Antony signed for 85 mill at 200 grand a week or whatever then he knew he was expected to be playing at a certain standard and he was expected not to moan when asked to play LB and not to have off field issues etc. Why does everyone keep letting players off with 'oh it's not his fault.'
Could I say that to Google? Oh its not my fault you gave me 500 grand a year. I'm not that good.

Your analogy is all wrong.

Man United paid a silly fee, did you expect Antony to say no I don't want to join Man United because I am not worth that price.

He can't automatically make himself good enough to be worth 90m, his talent and ceiling is never anywhere near 90m and it is the club to blame for overpaying.

It's not his fault what the club paid.

One things for sure, we need to stop talking about his price. The club made that (bad) decision and it has NOTHING to do with his performances.

We don’t sit here saying “ oh he’s had a great game, especially for the 100k we paid in the academy system”

What we will see now is balance - Antony was a bad decision under the old regime. This year, we’ve got De Ligt and Mazraoui for a combined £55m, which is a bargain for their level so it’s gonna even out.

What a terrible analogy this is, he didn't choose to pay himself so how is it his fault, United gave him that money and they could get rid of him if they chose to most probably at a loss but again he didn't pay the fee.

Also if you were offered a job on higher wages that maybe you knew you couldn't do at that level there is no way you wouldn't take it and hope for 2 things one you could grow into and adapt to the new job or you could get away with it for a bit and make your money.

He had a decent game and is an ok player. Nowhere near as bad as people make out but also nowhere near good enough if we want to be a top team. A bit like Elanga, it is possible to be a decent player but not good enough for the top.

It’s admirable that you would turn down a job which you may not be capable off but which would make you an instant millionaire.

It’s naive to think that’s what most would people do

And actually, I don’t believe for a second you would refuse such a job offer yourself if it was something you dreamed of since childhood while turning you into a millionaire for life

Just hope that penalty doesn't somehow put him above Amad again as far as Erik is concerned.

I did notice during Rashford's second goal he was too busy berating the linesman looking for a free kick and totally missed Rashford scoring. Sums him up really