Antony Brazil flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
His technical level was fine for the most part, the problem is that he's way too predictable and one dimensional so it makes it harder to get things to happen for him.

He did ok and took the penalty well. Always works hard and in fairness he has only played a few minutes so far this season.

He isn’t good enough and we paid a ludicrous fee for him. But he has the ability to be an asset in the Cups and Europa League games and hopefully he can at least do that this season.

That technique is great at times. Clearly needs to utilise energies into more practical use on the pitch, but for clear entertainment value, t'was good.

Pleased he did well. He'll get plenty of time to build his confidence up in the league cup and Europa league and take it from there.

Nice performance. Think when you compare Antony's ability with other wingers it's clear how limited he is but if he can do well Europa and cup competitions, he'll be fine option this season. It's time to forget how much money was paid for him and just hope Antony can be as useful to the team as possible. And if he can come up with important goals like vs Barca and Liverpool from time to time, then great.

Sorry am I the only one who thought he was poor? Offers nothing, can't beat a L1 player. He scored a penalty but hey we won and scored goals so who gives a s***.

Sorry am I the only one who thought he was poor? Offers nothing, can't beat a L1 player. He scored a penalty but hey we won and scored goals so who gives a s***.
He earned this penalty as well, not just converted

Why is every LB in world football twice as fast as him? He can turn a guy or occasionally try and take it round him with his right but within five paces he's swamped.

He was dreadful. Did next to nothing for most of the game.

Glad to see he's got a goal, really hope the lad can turn things around for himself and prove everyone wrong. After all, that's the outcome that does us the most good.

You might well be the only one who thinks Antony was poor. I’ll grant you that he was off his game in the 15-20 minutes but he grew a pair of balls as the match wore on. He’s no Garrincha but on this occasion it’s ok not to take a shit on him. He contributed to the victory.

Not even his fan but very sad to see some actually want him to fail and be a meme. It is not his fault the club paid 80m for him. Attitude and effort wise he has always given more than say a Sancho. He puts in 100 percent effort for which I will give full marks.

He played well. I’m not sure why some are disappoint. We all know the player he is - he isn’t very productive and doesn’t have the burst of pace or close control to consistently scare fullbacks. But on a good day, his link up play is very smooth - as it was today. Those quick short passing interchanges helped control the game. And he won a penalty and scored to boot. He’s more a wide midfielder than a winger or forward. So keeping in mind his role and his ability, he had a good game.

If you think the build up doesn’t and only end product matters, then you’d still be wrong since he won and scored a pen.

If you think the build up doesn’t and only end product matters, then you’d still be wrong since he won and scored a pen.
All things considered, he did well. He's had a rough start to his career here. Clearly low on confidence and match sharpness. Thankfully, he'll get plenty of cup and Europa leagues games to improve both. Also, having two technical RBs will help him as well.
Instead of crapping on him, we should hope he does well enough to become an alternative to Amad on the right. The same way Garnacho is to Rashy on left.
On his part, he needs to forget goals for now, and focus on contributing to effective team play. Do that, and the goals will come.

He had some really good touches and was involved in a lot of goals. People here are such a miserable bunch. Antony isn’t as predictable as some of the folks here with the same old: found his level, did nothing etc.

Bare in mind he’s a player very very low in confidence. He looked very sheepish out there tonight.
Absolutely. In general that's a tough situation to phase out 80mill player for the likes of youngster from an academy and a winger who had one good season in tier 2 league.
In a way I feel for him, he should've never been brought here in the first place, let alone for that fee (that works against him now). He's nowhere near the required quality but that is not really his fault as he was arguably a finished article when we bought him.

Absolutely. In general that's a tough situation to phase out 80mill player for the likes of youngster from an academy and a winger who had one good season in tier 2 league.
In a way I feel for him, he should've never been brought here in the first place, let alone for that fee (that works against him now). He's nowhere near the required quality but that is not really his fault as he was arguably a finished article when we bought him.
Sancho was a 75m player as well. He was dogshit for us and his effort was below par. He had mental issues and we practically paid for his rehab for one year while he was with us.

Did he become meme material? Was he hated by the majority of united fans? Is it because he was English and didn’t have a punchable face? Thats the only possible guess I can make

Plenty of games to go around this season, so he's got a part to play for sure.

Everyone knows his limitations but if anyone doesn't accept that was a good game for him they never will.

Sounds like he’s found his level as an exciting but streaky League One player.

Sancho was a 75m player as well. He was dogshit for us and his effort was below par. He had mental issues and we practically paid for his rehab for one year while he was with us.

Did he become meme material? Was he hated by the majority of united fans? Is it because he was English and didn’t have a punchable face? Thats the only possible guess I can make
Not sure if you're new to the cafe or the club but Sancho was absolutely all of the above.
Probably one of only a couple reviled more than Antony.

All things considered, he did well. He's had a rough start to his career here. Clearly low on confidence and match sharpness. Thankfully, he'll get plenty of cup and Europa leagues games to improve both. Also, having two technical RBs will help him as well.
Instead of crapping on him, we should hope he does well enough to become an alternative to Amad on the right. The same way Garnacho is to Rashy on left.
On his part, he needs to forget goals for now, and focus on contributing to effective team play. Do that, and the goals will come.
I mean, I actually don’t think he’s good enough and would replace him next summer. But while he’s here he can only perform relative to his ability and he did well in that regard yesterday. Some of his contribution to the build was very good.

Did well and I'm glad he's got that desire and confidence to try and make it here. It's a long season and with injuries and suspensions I like to see that fire in the squad players.

Thought he did ok but the level of this game was so far off from what we see in the PL so hard to make any conclusions. Hopefully he got some confidence to build from. What worries me and and also why I don’t think he is the final answer, is that he hasn’t got enough tools in his toolbox.

Are you sure you responded to the right comment mate?

I just found the peformance a bit sad. If that's one people can be positive about, from a player we had so much hope for when he was signed, for so much money, it's pretty damning. He had a few nice touches, won the penalty, but barely looked that special against a team in league one. He still looks so awkward to me and barely on the same wavelength as most of the team. It's sad really, I want him to kick on, for it to work out, but it just doesn't look like it.

He'll get plenty of minutes, and I'm sure he'll have a few more moments of quality this season, maybe it'll click, I'd love it to.

There are probably others like you who are incapable of praising when he does well

The only United footballer tonight who felt like he’s having a decent-ish game against his equals. Not sure how even a random no-name left back from League One poses such a challenge for him, it’s a bit sad, really.

Did well for that penalty run but that’s about it.

I just found the peformance a bit sad. If that's one people can be positive about, from a player we had so much hope for when he was signed, for so much money, it's pretty damning. He had a few nice touches, won the penalty, but barely looked that special against a team in league one. He still looks so awkward to me and barely on the same wavelength as most of the team. It's sad really, I want him to kick on, for it to work out, but it just doesn't look like it.

He'll get plenty of minutes, and I'm sure he'll have a few more moments of quality this season, maybe it'll click, I'd love it to.
Why are you expecting him to look special ? Aren’t you setting yourself up for disappointment?

I think he did fine. He was even a little playful at times where it even came off. Howevever, his timing when accelerating and going for a foot race is completely off. He knocks the ball forward so visibly that the defender has started running before him, and although Antony is very quick on the first few yards, his timing prevents him from actually getting past his defender. They can either body block him or slide in ahead of him. On the other hand, when the defender is behind him or visibly unbalanced, he decides not to go for the juglar, instead passing backwards or sideways.

He has some good attributes, great close control, but his decision making and timing are way off most of the time.

He found his level , absolute disgrace the club pissed £80 million on him. Obviously not his fault though. I can’t see him been forced out in the next 3-4 transfer windows

Quietly impressed by him last night. Not through doing anything particularly special but just his attitude towards the game in front of him.

As many have alluded to since he's signed, the price tag he came in for was ridiculous, and he was just never going to live up to that. I'm sure he himself felt pressure to try and justify that fee, and in doing so created an overconfident aura around him that seemed to masquerade every week in his body language.

However, last night I think he showed a lot of determination, came across like he was genuinely trying to impress & earn his place back in the team. If there was ever a match to start messing about in, 7-0 to Barnsley was the one, but to be fair on him he just got on with it.

I think that speaks a lot to his underlying character and just like Maguire, if he can come through this to become an effective team member again then he'll have done incredibly well. Ability aside for now, as he may be understandably low on confidence, he's shown a hell of a lot more desire than other notable big money flops and for that I think he's worth putting our support behind again & seeing if he can turn it around.

I actually like him. He's just not good enough. Despite putting in a better performance, he still looked a level or so below everyone else in our team.

Is he an upgrade on Dan James? I'm not sure he is.

I was so sure he'd eventually come good.

Just from a text book point of view, he cost 80m and that performance yesterday, regardless of the opposition was nowhere near that standard. I don't think he is good enough but glad he's 4th choice, he can play the games when others need a rest.

Just from a text book point of view, he cost 80m and that performance yesterday, regardless of the opposition was nowhere near that standard. I don't think he is good enough but glad he's 4th choice, he can play the games when others need a rest.
Feel a bit sorry for him that his price tag is constantly held against him through no fault of his own. He's not an 80m player and never will be but he played well last night and thats really all he should be judged on without his price tag coming in to it every single game.