Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Ofcourse this is all based on the assumption that he wasn't happy with a teammate substituted ahead of him which it looked it was when he was being readied. And Amad hasn't shown thus far that he's a clear upgrade on Antony's first season with us. Yes, he's better than Antony's 2nd season with us but that isn't a high standard to reach.

And no, ETH didn't persist with Antony. He was swiftly out of the team last season when it was clear that he was struggling. ETH is not good enough but he isn't stupid. Antony had less minutes than guys like Varane and Lindelof who spent majority of the season injured. I'm pretty sure if Sancho wasn't a petulant child he would have been ahead of Antony too last season. And this season the only significant gametime Antony has had was against the mighty Barnsley.

Looked to me like it was one guy who doesn’t speak English as a first language with a look of concentration in his face whilst another person who doesn’t speak English as first language was giving him instructions.

Either way deciding he has the wrong attitude for our club based any such assumptions is just nonsense.

As is the claim that Anthony hasn’t been given more opportunities than Amad. Just look at their appearances stats and trying telling g me Amad’s been given as many chances.

Or how Amad isn't showing what the manager wants from him?
There seems to be this prevalence on here that Amad is an outstanding player, yet he clearly isn't fully trusted by the coaching staff, could it be that Amad has something in his game which is lacking?
The same manager who has put us in the 13th position, and who thinks playing a full back as number 10.

Amad was saying one or two weeks ago he could stay at United for life.

I think ETH made a big mistake dropping him completely and playing Mazraoui and Antony instead but it's very reactionary to say that's enough to prevent Amad from extending. Especially since I highly doubt Ten Hag makes it to the end of the season.

Looked to me like it was one guy who doesn’t speak English as a first language with a look of concentration in his face whilst another person who doesn’t speak English as first language was giving him instructions.

Either way deciding he has the wrong attitude for our club based any such assumptions is just nonsense.

As is the claim that Anthony hasn’t been given more opportunities than Amad. Just look at their appearances stats and trying telling g me Amad’s been given as many chances.
Fair enough on the bolded.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him higher than our previous wingers like Sancho, Pellistri, and Elanga, and I mentioned this a couple of months ago. He’s already made a greater impact than those three did playing for us. It was an assumption as previously stated and the only thing I've decided is that if that assumption is true then I wouldn't care if he left tomorrow. Again if true, then it is not an attitude I'd want to have on team especially when he has a lot more to prove.

Amad was out on loan during Antony’s first season and was injured until about January of last season. You could argue he was gradually being eased in last season after his long injury layoff. This season, he’s clearly been given more opportunities than Antony.

There seems to be this prevalence on here that Amad is an outstanding player, yet he clearly isn't fully trusted by the coaching staff, could it be that Amad has something in his game which is lacking?
Yeah considering we have an incompetent manager that seems devoid of any ability to identify proper talent and profiles, this argument doesn’t hold up

ETH for all his faults hasn’t really hesitated to reward young players with continuous starts if they play well.

Amad should have been given a go yesterday but I just don’t think he’s that good. He had a good preseason and good opening game but since then he’s only had an impact against Southampton. He was given the opportunity to make the spot his and he failed to do that.

Antony is shite but I wasn’t necessarily mad at him getting his turn. If he was shite enough, he’d go back to the end of the rotation himself.

So far Amad had 7 starts in 13 games this season, recently he's being benched but I suspect he will be given more game time soon, he should've started vs Fener but I am hopeful he'll get game time soon

ETH for all his faults hasn’t really hesitated to reward young players with continuous starts if they play well.

Amad should have been given a go yesterday but I just don’t think he’s that good. He had a good preseason and good opening game but since then he’s only had an impact against Southampton. He was given the opportunity to make the spot his and he failed to do that.

Antony is shite but I wasn’t necessarily mad at him getting his turn. If he was shite enough, he’d go back to the end of the rotation himself.
I’d say he made an impact against Brighton, where he scored, despite being a bit off-colour

People are acting like Amad has been good. He looked great in preseason, but that has not kicked on into the regular season. He was anonymous against Fulham on the opening day, had a couple good performances, but he has one goal, and one assist, which was a 90 min goal to go 3 up on Southhampton, to show for it. Since then, he was quiet or poor against Palace, Twente, Tottenham and Porto. He isn't doing enough to be picked. I can't stand the site of Rashford and on paper I would love nothing more than a Garnacho Hojlund Amad front three, but Rashford deserves to start more than Amad at this point, and Garnacho is our game changing player, he has to play our important games. Antony hasn't been given much of a chance this season, so they only way he can earn a performance is through training, we aren't subject to training, but is it honestly that much of a stretch for people to appreciate he might be doing well enough in training that, at bare minimum, has earned a chance to come on and try to prove himself as a sub? Do you people think Antony should write off his career just because you lot like Amad more and therefore he deserves endless chances, regardless of form?

Amad FC, this is a Manchester United forum, you should be arguing the best for United, not the best for Amad. Be better.

People are acting like Amad has been good. He looked great in preseason, but that has not kicked on into the regular season. He was anonymous against Fulham on the opening day, had a couple good performances, but he has one goal, and one assist, which was a 90 min goal to go 3 up on Southhampton, to show for it. Since then, he was quiet or poor against Palace, Twente, Tottenham and Porto. He isn't doing enough to be picked. I can't stand the site of Rashford and on paper I would love nothing more than a Garnacho Hojlund Amad front three, but Rashford deserves to start more than Amad at this point, and Garnacho is our game changing player, he has to play our important games. Antony hasn't been given much of a chance this season, so they only way he can earn a performance is through training, we aren't subject to training, but is it honestly that much of a stretch for people to appreciate he might be doing well enough in training that, at bare minimum, has earned a chance to come on and try to prove himself as a sub? Do you people think Antony should write off his career just because you lot like Amad more and therefore he deserves endless chances, regardless of form?

Amad FC, this is a Manchester United forum, you should be arguing the best for United, not the best for Amad. Be better.

Antony is clearly not part of this club's longterm future and Amad should be given the benefit of doubt considering Ten Hag has never given him a proper run. Rashford, Antony and Garnacho have all been allowed to 'play themselves into form' during bad spells, so why can't Amad be afforded even a little of the same? Arguing the merits of a player in a performance thread and holding the opinion that he should be playing ahead of a misfit like Antony and a fullback isn't putting the club over the player, its wanting the best for the club with what we have.

Last edited:
Amad is a talent and needs backing just like Garnacho did.

Who do you play in front of him allowing for resting him at the correct times? Antony? Rashford? Not for me.

People are acting like Amad has been good. He looked great in preseason, but that has not kicked on into the regular season. He was anonymous against Fulham on the opening day, had a couple good performances, but he has one goal, and one assist, which was a 90 min goal to go 3 up on Southhampton, to show for it. Since then, he was quiet or poor against Palace, Twente, Tottenham and Porto.
He hardly played against Tottenham

Fair enough on the bolded.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him higher than our previous wingers like Sancho, Pellistri, and Elanga, and I mentioned this a couple of months ago. He’s already made a greater impact than those three did playing for us. It was an assumption as previously stated and the only thing I've decided is that if that assumption is true then I wouldn't care if he left tomorrow. Again if true, then it is not an attitude I'd want to have on team especially when he has a lot more to prove.

Amad was out on loan during Antony’s first season and was injured until about January of last season. You could argue he was gradually being eased in last season after his long injury layoff. This season, he’s clearly been given more opportunities than Antony.

I’m not comparing Anthony’s first season to a season where Amad was on loan or injured, or comparing Amad’s first proper season in the first team squad with Anthony’s third season. That just doesn’t make any sense.

I am comparing the chances each of them have been given once coming into the first team squad proper, and it’s undeniable Anthony was given a longer and more consistent stretch of opportunities than Amad has been given so far.

Who do you play in front of him allowing for resting him at the correct times? Antony? Rashford? Not for me.

I'm convinced people don't have the patience for him because he's not technically an academy kid.

Garnacho was utter tripe every time he started his first full year with us, and could only come off the bench as a tired legs super sub. But there's no denying he's been persisted with constantly no matter how bad his form has gotten at times, and you've seen that he's started to develop more and more (still has a good ways to go mind you). On the other hand you have Amad, who clearly has a higher floor than most players in our entire squad as far as what his "bad" performances will be, and yet people are making excuses for his exclusion over fecking Maz and ANTONY because he had a few games where he was just neat and tidy but didn't score/assist/ directly impact the game in his first full season here. It's bizarre, especially when it's clear to anyone's eyes that actually watches the kid that he's very gifted as a footballer and our wingers the past two seasons have hardly been bastions of productivity and consistency.

What about the pragmatical part? You play and develop Amad for 1-2 years only to see him run down his contract, while the club will be paying 40+m for the next Amad only to start all over again.

If he wants to play and be here long term, he signs a new contract. Simple.

Tell me how playing Anthony and Maz ahead of Amad is supposed to be better for the club than? This argument is fecking stupid when we’ve an idiot in charge.

People keep bringing up Antony. Giving Antony a chance over him is somewhat understandable after him having a few quiet games.

The problem was playing Mazraoui ahead of him. A full back. I think Mazraoui is a good footballer but an attacking midfielder he is not. Erik ten Hag's excuse for playing him there was that it'd be foolish to go to a tough European away ground like that with four attackers, but, as @kouroux pointed out, we would've 100% played Bruno - who is an attacker - there had he been available so, yeah, make it make sense. We just went away to Porto playing four attackers and Eriksen in midfield.

The main reason Amad needs to play atleast off the bench is because of Hojlund.

Our only creative players are Eriksen & Bruno.

When playing Rashford, Hojlund & Garnacho all game isn't working Ten Hag needs to realise its not balanced & Ten Hag needs to make a change. This is mostly because he is using two inverted goal scoring forwards with a poacher like striker in the middle

He can either add some creativity on the wings to get the best out of Hojlund by using Amad atleast off the bench - or use Zirkzee to try and make Garnacho & Rashford his more clinical forwards instead.

However, I think Ten Hag is just feeling pressured about losing his job & therefore using players he views as his best players & probably explains why he even used Mazroui as a number 10 as soon as Bruno wasn't available.

Such a stupid, throwaway comment. He's already shown far more than Donny ever did (and that's not even taking into account a very successful loan spell, which again was something Donny was never able to capitalize on.)

He is so overrated, its bizarre. When a new manager takes over Amad wont play more than he does today and thats purely down to abilities. Yes he shown something in the championship when on loan, but he hasnt shown much at top level yet. Antony is ahead of him and I think even a new manager will have Antony ahead of him

He is so overrated, its bizarre. When a new manager takes over Amad wont play more than he does today and thats purely down to abilities. Yes he shown something in the championship when on loan, but he hasnt shown much at top level yet. Antony is ahead of him and I think even a new manager will have Antony ahead of him
How is Antony ahead of him?

He is plenty talented, there just needs to be some patience with him. Our attacking play has been crap, and no one is doing great so singling Amad out is stupid. I don't have aproblem with rotation, but playing Maz in the 10 position was pretty stupid and the worst option out of all available.

What about the pragmatical part? You play and develop Amad for 1-2 years only to see him run down his contract, while the club will be paying 40+m for the next Amad only to start all over again.

If he wants to play and be here long term, he signs a new contract. Simple.

Is there news on Amad not signing a new contract yet?

Are you sure the club offered him a new contract?

Why can't you stand the sight of Rashford?

I think Amad is in the best interests for united, he will certainly help get control of games as his technique is good and he actually looks comfortable in possession.

It was disappointing to play a RB in a position that Ahmad could have occupied against Fenerbache all you can assume is that ETH had his reasons.

Ahmad gives us something a little different to the other attackers we have and while he has not set the world on fire he has been no worse than others. He has the qualities to be an important player for us.

Yeah considering we have an incompetent manager that seems devoid of any ability to identify proper talent and profiles, this argument doesn’t hold up
Yup, forgot the average joe on a forum knows better than a multiple trophy winning manager.
Silly me.
Explain how what I've said doesn't hold up? EtH is perhaps looking for certain things from his players, maybe Amad isn't showing them enough. Seems a fair assesment to why he hasn't been given that money Ch of an opportunity recently.

I think Amad is in the best interests for united, he will certainly help get control of games as his technique is good and he actually looks comfortable in possession.

It was disappointing to play a RB in a position that Ahmad could have occupied against Fenerbache all you can assume is that ETH had his reasons.

Ahmad gives us something a little different to the other attackers we have and while he has not set the world on fire he has been no worse than others. He has the qualities to be an important player for us.
I really hope he develops to match his talent, and I'm not going to say he's amazing now or anything but it's clear we lack his and mainoos technical abilities when they are not playing.

I think that's true. Or the first part at least. If we had a manager who wanted us to play a more controlled style Anad would be used more.

I don't think Amad isn't getting enough minutes this season, of the 13 games the club played this season in all comps, he played 544 mins, or the equivalent of 6 ninety minutes games, he was not involved in the last 3 PL games, the last EL game, and the only game in EFL, I think he will get more minutes in the coming games and hopefully he nails a spot or at least becomes a strong option in the squad who either starts or is subbed in to make a difference.

In the coming game away to WH, I think he might start, and him, Maz and Bruno work well together.

People keep bringing up Antony. Giving Antony a chance over him is somewhat understandable after him having a few quiet games.

The problem was playing Mazraoui ahead of him. A full back. I think Mazraoui is a good footballer but an attacking midfielder he is not. Erik ten Hag's excuse for playing him there was that it'd be foolish to go to a tough European away ground like that with four attackers, but, as @kouroux pointed out, we would've 100% played Bruno - who is an attacker - there had he been available so, yeah, make it make sense. We just went away to Porto playing four attackers and Eriksen in midfield.
ETH is a straight up liar.

Yes, here

It makes perfect sense with the timing too. When news came out Amad played a lot. Mainoo is reportedly close to signing a new contract, Amad hasn’t yet.
New contract was meant to be close mid September. Can imagine the terms are somewhat contentious given wages currently paid to underperforming wingers and clubs need to shift terms towards delivery on the pitch rather than high guaranteed base comp.

I'm convinced people don't have the patience for him because he's not technically an academy kid.

Garnacho was utter tripe every time he started his first full year with us, and could only come off the bench as a tired legs super sub. But there's no denying he's been persisted with constantly no matter how bad his form has gotten at times, and you've seen that he's started to develop more and more (still has a good ways to go mind you). On the other hand you have Amad, who clearly has a higher floor than most players in our entire squad as far as what his "bad" performances will be, and yet people are making excuses for his exclusion over fecking Maz and ANTONY because he had a few games where he was just neat and tidy but didn't score/assist/ directly impact the game in his first full season here. It's bizarre, especially when it's clear to anyone's eyes that actually watches the kid that he's very gifted as a footballer and our wingers the past two seasons have hardly been bastions of productivity and consistency.
You're stating opinion as fact and plenty of people just don't agree with you. He's had the odd good game, but seems fairly anonymous too often.

Maybe he needs more games, but the jury is very much out on whether he has a long-term future at OT.

Yes, here

It makes perfect sense with the timing too. When news came out Amad played a lot. Mainoo is reportedly close to signing a new contract, Amad hasn’t yet.

The main quote in the piece about Amad is the below:

Though that situation is more pressing than Mainoo's, there is still calm on all sides as the 22-year-old feels valued and wants to stay at Old Trafford, with the club actively working to secure an extension.

The club has an option of another year in Amad's contract and if we believe what's in the article, then it seems the situation isn't pressing at this moment and not something that requires the club to bench Amad because he is yet to sign a new contract, myself I don't see the situation (Amad game time) as an issue yet, I said in another post that he's been giving good amount of playing minutes (he played aproximately 46% of all minutes available to play this season) and I think he will be given more chances and a lot more playing time in the upcoming games, he's not been played in recent games but he will get his chance again and I think Amad wants to stay and prove himself here with United.

No Mohamed kudas and they are in bad form at home, we need Amad, Bruno, Rashford and Hojlund up front.

Garnaucho would be better from the bench and Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno in midfield.
We must attack a mentally frail West Ham hopefully Rasmus gets a brace and we win 1-3. Bruno needs a huge performance at the moment, Eriksen should be starting from the 10 as right now’s he’s our most creative and best outfield player.

You're stating opinion as fact and plenty of people just don't agree with you. He's had the odd good game, but seems fairly anonymous too often.

Maybe he needs more games, but the jury is very much out on whether he has a long-term future at OT.
I mean I didn’t say a thing about his actual performances, just his natural talent as a footballer.