Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Yup, forgot the average joe on a forum knows better than a multiple trophy winning manager.
Silly me.
Explain how what I've said doesn't hold up? EtH is perhaps looking for certain things from his players, maybe Amad isn't showing them enough. Seems a fair assesment to why he hasn't been given that money Ch of an opportunity recently.
If “you don’t know anything and the manager knows best” is the path of reasoning you want to take then just don’t even bother.

You're stating opinion as fact and plenty of people just don't agree with you. He's had the odd good game, but seems fairly anonymous too often.

Maybe he needs more games, but the jury is very much out on whether he has a long-term future at OT.
And my entire point of my post is that he’s basically never been trusted with any sort of amount of games where his playing time isn’t hanging on a knife’s edge. Which compared to Garnacho is a stark difference in their opportunities afforded

And my entire point of my post is that he’s basically never been trusted with any sort of amount of games where his playing time isn’t hanging on a knife’s edge. Which compared to Garnacho is a stark difference in their opportunities afforded
Maybe there's a reason why successive managers haven't felt he warranted more game time. They see how he is in training and his ability to follow instructions.
Garnacho, who seems to be on another level to Amad, was eased in too.

Maybe there's a reason why successive managers haven't felt he warranted more game time. They see how he is in training and his ability to follow instructions.
Garnacho, who seems to be on another level to Amad, was eased in too.
Thats hyperbolic nonsense to put it politely .

Thats hyperbolic nonsense to put it politely .
I really like Amad, but Garnacho has proven his quality at the top level, if not on a consistent basis. Amad has not managed to do that yet, in my opinion. You could blame the manager for not giving him chances, but our manager doesn’t seem particularly afraid of giving young players a chance in the team. The question comes down to why he hasn’t been given more chances, and none of us really know why that is.

I really like Amad, but Garnacho has proven his quality at the top level, if not on a consistent basis. Amad has not managed to do that yet, in my opinion. You could blame the manager for not giving him chances, but our manager doesn’t seem particularly afraid of giving young players a chance in the team. The question comes down to why he hasn’t been given more chances, and none of us really know why that is.
Well I am way past trying to figure out or trust what goes in head of our Pep Guardiola is my idol .

So I am holding judgement on our players till he gets the boot .

Well I am way past trying to figure out or trust what goes in head of our Pep Guardiola is my idol .

So I am holding judgement on our players till he gets the boot .
I hope you’re right, as I really like Amad and want him to succeed. Hopefully the next manager can help him show his quality.

One is scoring quality goals increasingly regularly and integral to our attack. One isn't.
One is being afforded the opportunities to do so.

Garnacho has had many, many horrendous performances. Much worse than anything Amad has shown. Difference is, he wasn't completely dropped when those performances happened. He was afforded the opportunity to build some form. Amad has a couple of quiet - not bad - games and he drops below a full back in the pecking order.

One is scoring quality goals increasingly regularly and integral to our attack. One isn't.
Hard to improve from the bench. Amad certainly has the tools to score more as well. Feels so odd to just quickly throw him in the bin after giving him 2-3 chances. And it is not like Garnacho and Rashford are killing it regularly either. Rotating them 3 would make sense i think.

One is being afforded the opportunities to do so.

Garnacho has had many, many horrendous performances. Much worse than anything Amad has shown. Difference is, he wasn't completely dropped when those performances happened. He was afforded the opportunity to build some form. Amad has a couple of quiet - not bad - games and he drops below a full back in the pecking order.
not to defend EtH here, but I think Garna has the pace and work ethic that allows him to have horrendous performances yet be given the chances because you'll at least get tireless running and hard work from Garna, Amad does not offer that so he needs to actually produce something, it is unfair to me but I understand why it happens, for now, I still don't think he is totally dropped just because he had 2 quite games, I think he will play in the easier games and hopefully he can produce something that allows him to stake a claim in the starting 11.

Hard to improve from the bench. Amad certainly has the tools to score more as well. Feels so odd to just quickly throw him in the bin after giving him 2-3 chances. And it is not like Garnacho and Rashford are killing it regularly either. Rotating them 3 would make sense i think.
Yeah I have expected to see him play more too, but tricky with Rashford back in the fold.
Doubt ETH lasts beyond Christmas/Jan, if that, so maybe he'll get a chance under a new manager. Hopefully he can show the doubters they're wrong.