Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I dont think Amad is all that, and for me he is far behind Garnacho and Rashford, and it seems for me that he becomes better when not playing.. with that said i cant believe that he was first overlooked for the nr 10 and then for the RW.. He is far better options than those two.. It can only be some personal from ETH, there are no football reason behind this.. Disgusting from ETH. I think this is the end for Amad here, if ETH is not kicked out ASAP.

Amad isn't quick enough, nor does he have the engine, for EtH's "system". Been abundantly clear for a while now.
ETHs recruitment has not been based on speed or engine. This is so backwards. Amad must be doing something wrong in training or it is a contract ploy.

In truth he's not been very good across the 11 appearances (bout 550 minutes) he's had this season. His best football by far came in the preseason which isn't a serious indicator. It's not that Ten Hag just blindly refuses to see his obvious quality, he's been failing to make the case for himself.

He was one of our best performers earlier this season. He then had two, maybe three indifferent games, but he’s been no worse than the guys currently/consistently in the team

He was one of our best performers earlier this season. He then had two, maybe three indifferent games, but he’s been no worse than the guys currently/consistently in the team
There’s nothing more than the case of a manager who doesn’t really rate him. It’s a tale as old as time.

It ends one of two ways — it just depends who leaves before who between the manager and the player.

Amad should hedge his bets and acknowledge he can outlast him, but at the same time he’s 22 and has lost a lot of development time by just not being out on the pitch in the last 12-18 months.

There is no way Ineos are going to let Amad go on a free. They must be talking to him behind the scenes.

He's 22, that's not a kid.
He is 22 who needs support from a manager to grow his game which he is not getting. He may not be a world class talent but you still need to be rewarded and you will have poor games. Completely binning him just shows how poor of a man manager eth is.

Should be starting ahead of Rashford, but ten Hag never drops his favourites, no matter how little effort they reciprocate his faith with.

If he has a half decent agent, he'll leave this mess for the sake of his career.

Hoping we have a plan for him as I know his contract situation is worrying and it would be a shame to lose him and I don't have a lot of faith in the manager as my eyes tell me he has done nothing in matches to be below Garnacho/ Rashford and should be above Mazraoui at 10 or Antony at RW

He is 22 who needs support from a manager to grow his game which he is not getting. He may not be a world class talent but you still need to be rewarded and you will have poor games. Completely binning him just shows how poor of a man manager eth is.
From the quotes we’ve had from the manager it’s possible that Amad just isn’t working as hard in training as the other wingers; which means he wouldn’t deserve minutes.

Amad found his level at Sunderland in the 3rd tier and thats probably where he should have stayed as he isnt good enough for a team like ours at the moment and from what ive seen from Rangers fans he wasnt good enough for them either.

There’s nothing more than the case of a manager who doesn’t really rate him. It’s a tale as old as time.

It ends one of two ways — it just depends who leaves before who between the manager and the player.

Amad should hedge his bets and acknowledge he can outlast him, but at the same time he’s 22 and has lost a lot of development time by just not being out on the pitch in the last 12-18 months.
He was literally playing every week for a whole season in the Championship, then injured for over half of last season. The club clearly felt he needed a slow introduction back and he got some good minutes towards the end of the season.

He does seem to have a bit of a cult following online. He’s clearly got good technique and is a different type of wide player to Garnacho and Rashford. But he’s definitely going to struggle to play for a top team with his physical limitations and lack of right foot. We’ve seen other players like Bernardo Silva succeed, however you have to be so damn good at everything else, and I don’t think Amad is anywhere near that.

Ten Hag is obviously desperate to win so I don’t think he’s just going to send on Antony if Amad is training better, just because they used to be together at Ajax.

Rubbish. There are countless top players who have been annoyed at their manager for starting someone else ahead of them, or subbing them off. It’s a perfectly normal thing that happens in football, especially amongst players who have confidence their ability and are desperate to play and make an impact. That’s actually exactly the sort of attitude we need in this team.
Exactly, "top players" being the key here. As I mentioned in another post, prove yourself at the level of world class players and that attitude gets a pass. He has shown barely anything to warrant that kind of attitude.

Last edited:
ETH simply doesn't rate him. And yes it's a manager's prerogative if he doesn't fancy a particular player. In normal circumstances I could respect that position even if I didn't particularly agree with it myself.

However, coming from a manager who has shown himself to be a shocking judge of players, and who's single handedly responsible (yes, I'm blaming him) for the most disastrous transfer in the club's history, it's a bit hard to take. And it must be sickening for Amad.

I think Amad could be a superb number 10 but as his name isn't Bruno Fernandes, he'll never get a game. It baffles me that in a game like last night, he'd sooner start a full back at number 10 than give this guy a chance.

It's odd, it's almost like he doesn't want to give Amad a chance as he's worried he'll do well and then have to play him. Yes he's been a little inconsistent this season and his last 3 or 4 appearances weren't all that to write home about but you could look at Bruno and Rashford this season and say they've barely put one decent performance in between them.

Amad found his level at Sunderland in the 3rd tier and thats probably where he should have stayed as he isnt good enough for a team like ours at the moment and from what ive seen from Rangers fans he wasnt good enough for them either.

Except it was the Championship not the third tier, he was their top scorer, widely praised as their best player, and tipped to never play at that level again because he was too good for it...

It was the second tier and he was comprehensively their best player and was a genuine favourite for the YPOTY in the whole league. Let’s not pretend like his season at Sunderland wasn’t very impressive and one which could’ve been massively built upon.
He was literally playing every week for a whole season in the Championship, then injured for over half of last season. The club clearly felt he needed a slow introduction back and he got some good minutes towards the end of the season.

He does seem to have a bit of a cult following online. He’s clearly got good technique and is a different type of wide player to Garnacho and Rashford. But he’s definitely going to struggle to play for a top team with his physical limitations and lack of right foot. We’ve seen other players like Bernardo Silva succeed, however you have to be so damn good at everything else, and I don’t think Amad is anywhere near that.

Ten Hag is obviously desperate to win so I don’t think he’s just going to send on Antony if Amad is training better, just because they used to be together at Ajax.
The injuries have been an issue, I agree. But I think it’s pretty clear ten Hag just isn't fan.

Whether he’s good enough in the grand scheme is a different question, I just personally feel 1. Judging from the performances of the rest of our attackers over the past 18-24 months, Amad is certainly no worse, and 2. Perhaps more importantly, I think ten Hag is an absolute cack manager and I don’t trust his talent ID in our squad.

I agree. And whilst Bruno has been shit too yet starts every game.

Amad has had the luxury of being a starter for us for about 6-7 competetive games, and was one of the best on the pitch for the first three, at the end of last season. Was ok but nothing special at the first few games this season.
Antony has been here for about 2 and a half years now and has, somehow, about the same amount of good games as Amad has.

If you think Antony has ”consistently demonstrated the level of ability required to secure a spot” or to even be ahead of someone else i don`t know what to say.
What has Mazraoui done to earn a spot as a starter as a number 10 for Manchester United?
What has Zirkzee done so far to earn a spot as a starter up front for us? I mean, you think Amad has been poor…

This is much more about Erik being a weird and stubborn guy than the actual quality and attitude of Amad.
As I mentioned previously, Amad has lost his starting spot this season to Garnacho and Rashford, not Antony. The "consistently demonstrated" part was referring more to the performances of Garnacho and Rashford rather than Antony. Although I have issues with how Garnacho plays, he has still outperformed Amad by a fair margin, and the same can be said for Rashford. Even last season, our preferred starting wingers were Garnacho and Rashford for majority of the games.

Comparing Zirkzee with Amad isn't meaningful, as they play different positions. Zirkzee was brought in as a first-choice backup to Hojlund, and once Hojlund was fit, he was back on bench. To my knowledge, Zirkzee hasn’t shown any frustration over another player being substituted ahead of him, which is essentially the point I'm trying to make here.

I don't think there's a lot between Antony and Amad which is where it seems we all differ. Not that I think Antony has been great just that I think Amad has been overrated on here by quite a bit based on what he has shown for us so far.

Last edited:
I mean, he's not been better than Rashford and Garnacho overall, so h doesn't exactly deserve his spot on the wing. Antony had had less than 135 min this season before he came on. I don't see the big deal in utilizing the squad for options, it's not as if Amad has set the world alright.

Interested to understand why he's not used as a 10, must be something the coaches and Ten Hag thinks he's missing.

It was the second tier and he was comprehensively their best player and was a genuine favourite for the YPOTY in the whole league. Let’s not pretend like his season at Sunderland wasn’t very impressive and one which could’ve been massively built upon.

The injuries have been an issue, I agree. But I think it’s pretty clear ten Hag just isn't fan.

Whether he’s good enough in the grand scheme is a different question, I just personally feel 1. Judging from the performances of the rest of our attackers over the past 18-24 months, Amad is certainly no worse, and 2. Perhaps more importantly, I think ten Hag is an absolute cack manager and I don’t trust his talent ID in our squad.
I think Garnacho has taken a step up so far in terms of his numbers, although slightly inflated by the Barnsley game. Rashford has looked good this season and created a lot more chances than Amad managed. I don’t really blame Ten Hag for going with those two as starters.

Amad, Zirkzee and Mount just look like they should in a different squad that are trying to play a different style of football. I think they all effective footballers together but not in a counter attacking, direct team.

So he's not happy about Antony being brought on before him? If that's the case, he can leave; we don't need players with that kind of attitude on the team. He hasn't really proven himself to be significantly better than Antony anyways, and their age difference isn’t substantial. It looks like he's caught the same attitude that has affected Garnacho, thinking he’s better than he truly is.
Amad was easily our best player in preseason and then started this season well (he won our POTM in August). He then had a few quiet games and was instantly dropped to being 4th choice (at best) winger and barely getting on the pitch. Meanwhile the players that he's competing with can have very long periods of poor form and continue getting chance after chance. That's not forgetting last season where he won us the Liverpool game in the FA Cup, then couldn't get off the bench for the next few games and didn't start a match until the last three games of the PL season (which just so happened to be the best three game period we played all season, with Amad having an argument for MOM in two of them).

It is obvious that he's being treated very differently than his competitors. He basically has to be perfect to keep his spot, which is a level of expectation that the others don't have to match.

Interested to understand why he's not used as a 10, must be something the coaches and Ten Hag thinks he's missing
Erik just started Mazraoui there. And he starts Zirkzee as a 9 even if the poor guy doesn`t seem to have a scooby how to play up there. Could be, just could be so simple that Erik is a bit of a nutter.

Erik just started Mazraoui there. And he starts Zirkzee as a 9 even if the poor guy doesn`t seem to have a scooby how to play up there. Could be, just could be so simple that Erik is a bit of a nutter.
Yeah, he certainly doesn't trust him there. I think that's probably the nail in the coffin on his time here. I realize I can be talking about either of them there!

I think that's probably the nail in the coffin on his time here. I realize I can be talking about either of them there!
Now we have senior management that understand how bad Ten Hag's brain farts are, the hearse will be on its way I'm sure.

Amad was easily our best player in preseason and then started this season well (he won our POTM in August). He then had a few quiet games and was instantly dropped to being 4th choice (at best) winger and barely getting on the pitch. Meanwhile the players that he's competing with can have very long periods of poor form and continue getting chance after chance. That's not forgetting last season where he won us the Liverpool game in the FA Cup, then couldn't get off the bench for the next few games and didn't start a match until the last three games of the PL season (which just so happened to be the best three game period we played all season, with Amad having an argument for MOM in two of them).

It is obvious that he's being treated very differently than his competitors. He basically has to be perfect to keep his spot, which is a level of expectation that the others don't have to match.
In my view, he’s third choice now (alongside Antony) behind Garnacho and Rashford. Yesterday was the first time this season that Antony was preferred ahead of him for significant game time, and he’s already shown frustration.

Sure, he scored the winning goal in that FA Cup tie against Liverpool, and credit to him for finishing so well in that situation. However, I’m not comfortable with people saying he “won us the tie.” Would you be okay with me saying Antony won the tie as well? After all, he scored our second goal in the same match, without which the game wouldn’t have even gone to extra time.

I want ETH out too, but I don’t think he treats Amad any differently than the other players. Amad was injured for the first half of last season, and by that time, Antony was already out of the team, with Garnacho and Rashford as the starters. I believe ETH simply prefers the goal threat that those two bring, and that’s all there is to it.

And as much as I hate both their selfish gameplay, they have been better than Amad this season and Rashford has atleast started to look for the pass a bit more this season alongside his goal threat.

He's too good for Rangers. While on loan there he still had a knack for goals and managed three, continuing his record of scoring for every first team he's featured for. Amad has the potential to be just as good as a player like Saka.

Probably time for him to move on if Antony is above him in the pecking order, crazy he couldn’t get a game at the 10 spot with a Bruno out.

Exactly, "top players" being the key here. As I mentioned in another post, prove yourself at the level of world class players and that attitude gets a pass. He has shown barely anything to warrant that kind of attitude.

Some of those top players had that attitude before proving anything too.

Nonetheles, Amad hasn’t even done anything wrong. You’re just making up this narrative based on him being subbed on late and fans complaining about it.

He’s looked a lot more competent and promising than Anthony this season and yet isn’t even given a consistent run of decent sub appearances, let alone starts. Meanwhile Ten Hag has persisted with Anthony’s failings for several seasons now.

Deserves to play through his bad patches like Rashford and Bruno and Zirkzee and basically everyone else right now not named Evans, Onana, or Erickson.

Some of those top players had that attitude before proving anything too.

Nonetheles, Amad hasn’t even done anything wrong. You’re just making up this narrative based on him being subbed on late and fans complaining about it.

He’s looked a lot more competent and promising than Anthony this season and yet isn’t even given a consistent run of decent sub appearances, let alone starts. Meanwhile Ten Hag has persisted with Anthony’s failings for several seasons now.
Ofcourse this is all based on the assumption that he wasn't happy with a teammate substituted ahead of him which it looked it was when he was being readied. And Amad hasn't shown thus far that he's a clear upgrade on Antony's first season with us. Yes, he's better than Antony's 2nd season with us but that isn't a high standard to reach.

And no, ETH didn't persist with Antony. He was swiftly out of the team last season when it was clear that he was struggling. ETH is not good enough but he isn't stupid. Antony had less minutes than guys like Varane and Lindelof who spent majority of the season injured. I'm pretty sure if Sancho wasn't a petulant child he would have been ahead of Antony too last season. And this season the only significant gametime Antony has had was against the mighty Barnsley.

The new Donny. The prodigy who only needs a coach who understands him.

Or something
Such a stupid, throwaway comment. He's already shown far more than Donny ever did (and that's not even taking into account a very successful loan spell, which again was something Donny was never able to capitalize on.)

Or how Amad isn't showing what the manager wants from him?
There seems to be this prevalence on here that Amad is an outstanding player, yet he clearly isn't fully trusted by the coaching staff, could it be that Amad has something in his game which is lacking?

I feel he slacked off a bit and coasted at times through games, and as a youngster breaking through, that was disappointing.
He may not have had the best examples but it really doesn't matter if the senior players ahead of you slack off. As a youngster, if you're finally getting chances, you don't let your foot of the gas, and you make sure you force the manager's hand.

Or how Amad isn't showing what the manager wants from him?
There seems to be this prevalence on here that Amad is an outstanding player, yet he clearly isn't fully trusted by the coaching staff, could it be that Amad has something in his game which is lacking?
He must be shocking in training if Antony is getting on ahead of him again