The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Sessions strikes me as the stereotypical old grandad with racist overtones and memory problems.

I don't think he's actually that evil, he just doesn't really understand the seriousness of things and has no clue where he is at any given time of day.

Won't surprise me if these leaks are done on purpose by one of Putin stooges.

Won't surprise me if these leaks are done on purpose by one of Putin stooges.

Exactly what I was thinking, but didn't want to post it because we'll be just speculating. Surely, there are people who are sympathetic to Trump and leaks like this would create collateral damage so that they can pursue every other leak.

He must feel incredibly out of place there.

Is this what the West has come to? Whose hands you shake first and who grab hands harder? I guess that's what you get with the current U.S. administration.

SMH

This paragraph....savage :lol:

DAsL-wnXUAA5dfp.jpg:large

and more....

tNlIzd4.png

6SoHsxD.png

Last edited:
It's not surprising or new to me. That particular strand of behavioural psychology was asked and answered a while ago. There's no doubt that there are some liberal wankers that love to get on their moral high ground and seem to totally dismiss the fact that they're biased and demonstrably wrong about a great many things.

To paint that as a particular ailment of "the left" is pretty fecking stupid though, in my view. Particularly when you're resorting to using an article which is so heavily partisan, with palpable anger at the other side dripping off the page, and then describing that as news.

You're criticising people for living in echo chambers and then reverting back to one of the echo chambers you're particularly fond of, for obvious reasons. It kind of ruins your entire point.

At the end of the day, the demographics that voted for/against Trump will tell you quite conclusively that those against are better educated and better able to apply critical thinking. Across people of similar demographics on both sides of the political spectrum, they are equally prone to seek out echo chambers, and equally prone to bias.

Are any side more likely to be ignorant of their own biases? I've not seen any evidence to suggest that, beyond baseless partisan commentary and anecdotal evidence from the "news" article you provided.

Even if you don't have the evidence, I'd be interested to hear your hypothesis on why "the left" are more likely to believe their own bullshit when everything points to the split growing on both sides, with heavily partisan media playing a pivotal role in growing that ignorance and disdain on both sides.

A concession that 'there are some liberal wankers that love to get on their moral high ground' doesn't do much to detract from the original point. They're as inherently biased as those they oppose, and the flaw of their self-perception evidently is news since research is still being carried out and reported on. In fact, it was widely reported, and any taking issue with the "news" article provided isn't something to lose sleep over, as it can also be found in what could be considered more impartial sources. It was originally reported by New Scientist, and the only reason that link wasn't provided is because it's not available unless someone feels inclined to sign up.

The opinion on this not being "surprising" or "new" is just that - an opinion. Since research has consistently been referred to that supposedly refutes the idea of this being far from a novel concept, it should be easy to post in order to dismiss such a redundant, rehashed argument. In fact - and to bring this little exchange back to basics - it's been consistently reported that a significantly greater number of journalists lean liberal (of course, since no studies have been forthcoming to backup any opposition arguments, who cares to waste time posting evidence), any many who identify as moderates also lean liberal in reality. If the inference isn't clear enough, a Trump presidency was invariably due to flounder in the public's eyes when they, the media - who self-identify as 'moderates' - were releasing such an incredibly partisan flow of news while simultaneously convincing themselves that they're not the natural enemy of conservatives. One of those echo chambers really isn't like the other.

Macron, perhaps aware that Trump is known for using handshakes as a display of power, gripped the US leader’s hand with considerable pressure, for a considerable length of time.

At one point, it appeared Trump tried to let go, but Macron maintained his grip, with both leaders’ knuckles turning white.

One person who witnessed the greeting described it as “screw you, in handshake form”.

:lol:

He's such a fool. Embarrassing the USA on the World Stage.

:lol:

He's such a fool. Embarrassing the USA on the World Stage.

To be fair the USA public has done that already. You don't blame the burglar that's taken over your house when you asked him to, gave him the keys and laid on a spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.