The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
My naive, open question is: What exactly can a government do about it other than being vigilant? That's what I would have liked him to explain.

My thoughts exactly. There was no way Obama could get involved. He was incredibly careful not to do anything that could be construed as meddling in the election himself.

My thoughts exactly. There was no way Obama could get involved. He was incredibly careful not to do anything that could be construed as meddling in the election himself.
He absolutely did, indeed. OTOH, on some issues he was really hesitant and didn't do a lot or just a little and/or too late. Therefore I wouldn't rule out that more could have been done.

But I'm also asking naive- and openly because we've elections in Germany upcoming, and reportedly we are as prepared against Russian interference as much as it is possible - but it was also reported that in an open society and democracy as we understand it, there are limits what you can do.

Therefore I'd really be interested to know - i.e. from somebody like this ex-CIA guy - what can be done that is lawful and in line with the trademarks of Western democracies.

Edit #1: A newspaper retracts endorsement. Good for them!

Edit #2: And another one follows! Probably too late but better now than never.

Edit #3: The Sheriff released a statement.

Last edited:
Perhaps I overlooked that it was posted. 23m over 10 years seem yuuuge to me.

Slightly off topic:
Merkel right now on stage with Obama at German Evangelischer Kirchentag in a discussion about democracy. Composed, articulate, well thought through words. A nice guy.

I'm envisioning what Twitler would have said if it had been him instead of Obama. Yikes.

Slightly off topic:
Merkel right now on stage with Obama at German Evangelischer Kirchentag in a discussion about democracy. Composed, articulate, well thought through words. A nice guy.

I'm envisioning what Twitler would have said if it had been him instead of Obama. Yikes.
Good symbolism for what I think about the Christian Church. A war criminal and human rights disaster talking about democracy. But at least he is well mannered.

TRUMPPAPAtriste-kVcE-U11002938685096YHE-1024x576%40LaStampa.it.jpg

The Addams family

Someone really needs to teach him how to tie a fecking tie the right length.

There's a lot of things he needs to be taught, I don't think he's very easily told.

I hope someone responded *cough* 'Popular Vote!!' *cough*. :smirk:
I hope someone responded with "shut the feck up and let us fix your mess!"

In an unrelated matter, I'm listening to a local talk radio host lose her marbles. She's on about how the entire US security/intelligence apparatus has done something so big and so illegal that they've invented the Trump/Russia investigation to cover it all up, and that if Trump were just able to gain "operational control" over the Intel agencies, he'd be able to see what they did and stop it.

News is saying that May is gonna give Trump and earfull today about the intel leaks going on about the Manchester bombing.

Oh wow, I bet he's shitting himself :rolleyes: She's a wet lettuce, we should send Boris in to baffle and bewilder him.

In all seriousness, all news channels are reporting that the UK now refuses to share any intel with the USA unless there are cast iron assurances it won't be leaked. The Manchester Met have also said they are not allowing anymore info about the MEN Arena attack to be shared with any US intelligence agency.

Obviously all this is subject to change, but at the very least it is a major embarrassment for Trump while he is on his G7 and NATO tour. I do think he will spin it to his favour though and he will just blame it on the people who have been leaking stuff about the Russia connections. Both Trump and the GOP will now start a witch hunt for those involved in leaking classified information. I doubt it will hurt Trump much more than annoying him that it will be brought up in front of him a few times over the coming days.

News is saying that May is gonna give Trump and earfull today about the intel leaks going on about the Manchester bombing.

:lol: I'd love to see this. She's about as intimidating as a Yorkshire Terrier.

"If you could...uh, please not...uh, do that again, Mr. President, I'm...eh, trying to look strong and stable right now. Thanks...Mr, Uh...President."

All she has to do is smile one of her really uncomfortable smiles and he will recoil quicker than a man trying to give a lobster a handjob. She really does have a nasty gurn type appearance when she's trying to smile.

(Don't ask me the technical specifics of pleasuring a lobster as I really couldn't help you, mate)

That one was also for Obama. It's just what is expected of an American president though.

Your last sentence is important.

I usually would not watch such an event - but it is very interesting. They are asking really questions to the point. With Obama and Merkel answering very detailed and openly.

Status
Not open for further replies.