The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suprising as Trump's behaviour towards the media has created this kind of environment.

Why is this a Trump thing? Are these (the candidate and the voter) new followers of the party of Lincoln?

Trump's behaviour towards the media has bought the hatred of the media into the mainstream. Before it was mainly surfacing under the radar.

Trump's behaviour towards the media has bought the hatred of the media into the mainstream. Before it was mainly surfacing under the radar.

Surely he is part of the reason it's now in the open, but these elements have been cultivated by the GOP for quite a long time. In fact their embrace of Trump during the birther saga in 2012 shows that he is a symbol of their party, not that he is a deviant from a decent mainstream.

Lets see how well the Dems do in Montana.

The previous GOP congressman in 2016 got 56% (Dems got 40%) and Trump got 55% of the vote (Clinton-35%).

Getting around 45% would be a good result for Quist and the Democrats.

The previous GOP congressman in 2016 got 56% (Dems got 40%) and Trump got 55% of the vote (Clinton-35%).

Something like 70% mail in votes. May be better if this ahole wins and GOP have to address his actions.

Early/mail-in voting = doom

The GOP were getting the shits over it before the bodyslam, and with a third of the vote to come in on election day (and of late that's where the GOP rack up the votes), you never know.

To be fair the USA public has done that already. You don't blame the burglar that's taken over your house when you asked him to, gave him the keys and laid on a spread.

Great analogy mate. Stealing it and passing it off as my own creation.

You just knew it was Kushner when the story came out last week.
It was pretty plausible, yes. I'm waiting for more information, right now WaPo writes Kushner isn't a 'target':

What does this mean for Kushner?
To be clear, Kushner has not been accused of any wrongdoing. Also, The Washington Post has not been told that Kushner is a “target” of the investigation, a word that generally refers to someone who is the main suspect. However, prosecutors can and do bring charges against individuals who are not designated as targets.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ings-with-the-russians-matter-more-than-ever/

He wonders why the Americans buy German cars while we don't touch American ones? Simple answer: they are shit. Utter, laughable trash. For what they are, they are still overpriced. There's a reason Fords European cars have got very little to do with their American ones: our costumers aren't as dumb as American ones.

Another positive result for the Dems. 44% of the vote and up 4% compared to last year.

I don't feel too bad about it purely because so much of the vote had happened before the attack, but it's still fecking shameful that so many people still voted for a guy who openly assaulted a journalist.

I don't feel too bad about it purely because so much of the vote had happened before the attack, but it's still fecking shameful that so many people still voted for a guy who openly assaulted a journalist.
Many will probably have liked him more for that.

Something like 70% mail in votes. May be better if this ahole wins and GOP have to address his actions.

Early/mail-in voting = doom

I don't think early voting had that much of an impact and doubt it would change much if they could all get the chance to recast their votes. Only around 10 people rang the voting officials to ask if they could change their vote after the incident occurred.

The reporters on the ground there yesterday were saying no one was changing their mind because of this attack.

There would have been a spike in voting yesterday if there was anger over the attack. With nearly all the votes counted, the guys lead is only 25k and over 300,000 stayed at home and never voted.

Last edited:
There would have been a spike in voting yesterday if there was anger over the attack. With nearly all the votes counted, the guys lead is only 25k and over 300,000 stayed at home and never voted.

It's Montana, maybe their horse had a flat.

Love it that Rowling's tweet got more than 267k likes. :drool: She nails it.

Many will probably have liked him more for that.
Someone in Montana (Brokaw?) told Morning Joe just that. That they had the story all wrong. Nobody there cares what he did and even pleased about it. I've lost faith in these people who hold the Constitution so dear yet forget all about it the second it doesn't suit them.

Someone in Montana (Brokaw?) told Morning Joe just that. That they had the story all wrong. Nobody there cares what he did and even pleased about it. I've lost faith in these people who hold the Constitution so dear yet forget all about it the second it doesn't suit them.

90% of Republicans.

Genuine question, can we be sure that these people actually know what's written in the constitution?
I have no idea if my impression is right or wrong, but I perceive many of them clueless about it. As cluesless as I see in Germany AfD voters to be aware of what's in the bible, hell they can't even get the 10 commands together, let alone live their lives following them, and yet they pretend to defend Christianity against muslims.

Genuine question, can we be sure that these people actually know what's written in the constitution?
I have no idea if my impression is right or wrong, but I perceive many of them clueless about it. As cluesless as I see in Germany AfD voters to be aware of what's in the bible, hell they can't even get the 10 commands together, let alone live their lives following them, and yet they pretend to defend Christianity against muslims.
Highly doubt it. Just like they've apparently forgotten about the contents of the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.