The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the Trump or Bombing thread ?

Yeah sorry, I wasn't sure if it should be here, so if you'd like to move it I won't be offended. The tone of the news article I watched was hinting that this is another display cock up from the Trump Admin. Should probably refrain from talking about that link until anything concrete comes out.

Yeah sorry, I wasn't sure if it should be here, so if you'd like to move it I won't be offended. The tone of the news article I watched was hinting that this is another display cock up from the Trump Admin. Should probably refrain from talking about that link until anything concrete comes out.

I don't even know what article you guys are talking about ? Is the NY times article with pics of the detonator ?

I don't even know what article you guys are talking about ? Is the NY times article with pics of the detonator ?

Yeah the British Intelligence agencies are absolutely fuming. They shared sensitive intelligence with the US and it's been leaked to the NY Times, firstly it's not the sort of stuff families of victims should have to see in the press less than 24 hours after the indecent, secondly it's data which could be used in a future trial and thirdly it's yet another example of why sharing intelligence with the US is a huge risk.

Yep that's the main leak. Other US media leaked the identity of the bomber and that it was a suicide bomb.

You wonder whats possessed him to lash out.

I know the race is tightening and he could be feeling the heat, but he's still likely to win. Unless they've got internal polling showing him trailing.

This story is blowing up now. CNN has the audio and claims there were about 25 people in the room when Gianforte bodyslammed Jacobs. I suspect that's the end of his campaign.

This story is blowing up now. CNN has the audio and claims there were about 25 people in the room when Gianforte bodyslammed Jacobs. I suspect that's the end of his campaign.

Will the election have to be postponed/rerun if he steps down in the next few hours, as the ballot papers will have already been printed and the early votes sent back?

Will the election have to be postponed/rerun if he steps down in the next few hours, as the ballot papers will have already been printed and the early votes sent back?

I doubt he'll step down with the vote so soon. I also don't think it will derail him winning since he's in a heavily GOP area, a good portion of which probably like what he did to Jacobs. That said, if he gets arrested tonight, it may complicate things.

Dude... Gianforte's campaign is blaming a "liberal journalist" for the alleged assault

Edit: from The Guardian...
A statement by campaign spokesman Shane Scanlon blamed Jacobs for the incident, saying that he “entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg’s face, and began asking badgering questions”.

“Jacobs was asked to leave,” the statement reads. “After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg’s wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground.

“It’s unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ.”

Dude... Gianforte's campaign is blaming a "liberal journalist" for the alleged assault

Edit: from The Guardian...
A statement by campaign spokesman Shane Scanlon blamed Jacobs for the incident, saying that he “entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg’s face, and began asking badgering questions”.

“Jacobs was asked to leave,” the statement reads. “After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg’s wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground.

“It’s unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ.”

Yeah saw that. It doesn't help that what they are saying is diametrically opposite to the audio recording.

This is from a Fox News crew but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.