The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly think Pence although sane, would be a worse president for the dems to deal with interms of policy and agenda.

I'd even be surprised at extent of his supposted loyalty. I can only imagine Trump's complete lack of moral compass offends Pence's Christian sensibilities to unspeakable levels.

Absolutely. One can't sit alone at a dinner table with any woman not his wife, the other chugs tic tacs and grabs women by the genitals.

Honestly think Pence although sane, would be a worse president for the dems to deal with interms of policy and agenda.

He's an empty vessel. Appeals to the religious nutters and post-Reagite fan boys, but would imo struggle to win a Presidential election at a national level, especially after a few years of being tarred by Trump's antics.

Pence is probably just waiting out the storm for his inevitable rise to the Presidency. Hopefully he has the integrity to turn down the inevitable Ford/Nixon pardon.

I was talking about this today with the Mrs. I don't think America would let the VP get away with that this time, and in this day and age. At least I really hope not. Faith in the system is at an all time low, and if Pence tries to Pardon Trump people are going to lose their shit!

I was talking about this today with the Mrs. I don't think America would let the VP get away with that this time, and in this day and age. At least I really hope not. Faith in the system is at an all time low, and if Pence tries to Pardon Trump people are going to lose their shit!

True. If he pardons him, it would create a sufficiently big shit storm that it would undermine his time as President and certainly detract from any re-election chances.

Don't forget also how woeful he was in the VP debate.
giphy.gif

He's an empty vessel. Appeals to the religious nutters and post-Reagite fan boys, but would imo struggle to win a Presidential election at a national level, especially after a few years of being tarred by Trump's antics.
wouldnt need to be elected if trump gets impeached

Just reading that the special prosecutor worked for a law firm that have represented Ivanka, Jared and Manafort.

Just reading that the special prosecutor worked for a law firm that have represented Ivanka, Jared and Manafort.

Something like this?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...russia-investigation-former-fbi-a7742071.html
After leaving the FBI in 2013, the 72-year-old returned to the private sector where he became co-managing partner at the WilmerHale law firm which represents associates of the President such as his daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner.

The same article also contains this, which I've seen quite a lot of from others also:
Former Assistant Attorney General for national security, David Kris, wrote an op-ed for Lawfare saying “Mueller is experienced, knowledgeable, capable”.

He said: “He is utterly incorruptible. He cannot be intimidated. At this stage in his career, he has nothing to prove, no reputation to burnish, no axe to grind. He is ramrod straight in his integrity.”

@Ubik where's this news?! I'm flaking here, think it's bed time for me :(

'Inter Milan consider Trump swoop'

First, since he was never elected as President this time. He would be appointed President because the previous President resigned.

So, he could be president for almost 3 complete terms, if Trump resigned tomorrow? That's a sweet deal.

First, since he was never elected as President this time. He would be appointed President because the previous President resigned.
if he served for more than 2 years he could only seek the office once more. under 2 years he could go for another 8 years though

Huh?:confused::confused:

I think you'll agree, @langster , that this is some pretty strange wording even for Trump.

"There was no collusion between myself and my campaign. But I can only speak for myself, and he Russians. Zero."

So he's denied having secrets between him and his campaign, and he can confirm that he can speak for himself and the Russians. Also, he's included a random mention of an Arabic placeholder just as a teaser for his upcoming lecture on Islam.

Well that's just swell.

"There was no collusion between myself and my campaign. But I can only speak for myself, and he Russians. Zero."

So he's denied having secrets between him and his campaign, and he can confirm that he can speak for himself and the Russians. Also, he's included a random mention of an Arabic placeholder just as a teaser for his upcoming lecture on Islam.

Well that's just swell.

Ahhhhh, now I get it. He was simply quoting a surreal dream sequence from Ulysses. Clever guy that Donny.

Just remembered where I know the Benjamin Wittes guy from - he's a friend of Comey's, was one of the twitter accounts that Comey was following.

Last edited:
There's no doubt in my mind that Pence knew of Flynn's foreign dealings. Pence would have known enough persons in DC and/or heard enough chatter within DC circles to know something was up with Flynn, or to know full details. He just chose to ignore either to ride the coattails to VP status to push his religious agenda or perhaps he attempted to talk Trump out of retaining Flynn but was unsuccessful (and still road the coattails). Either way, Pence looks negligent as feck not incompetent or in the dark.

What happened with the tick-tock revelation thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.