The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Trump would prefer his own Gerald Ford.

As mental as it sounds, wouldn't surprise me if he genuinely tried to pick Ivanka. She's actually quite well-liked (I believe) and if that's the case the GOP may accept her. Would be fecking bizarre if it happened, right enough.

Pence has also gone to decent lengths to keep himself separate from the Russia story. He probably wants the big job. Him getting fired will depend if Trump think he'll get a pardon.

There's plenty of talk that Pence is involved in this Russia stuff.

There's just a slim chance he had no idea what was going on with Russia when he joined the Trump campaign and if there's evidence that Pence was aware of dodgy dealings with Russia and he assisted in the cover up, then Pence is finished as well.

Perhaps, but he might use it as his one piece of leverage. Create chaos within the GOP and try to get them to stand by him. It'd be madness, right enough, but might throw a spanner in the works.

Nah, ol' Ryan would inherit the throne he's craved for years. He is third in line after all. He might very well galvanize enough persons to push for Pence's removal as well.

Exclusive: Sources close to the intelligence community report that Director Comey’s FBI computer was illegally accessed immediately after he was dismissed from his post. They further report that ‘removable media’ was used in the commission of this crime. ‘Removable media’ is a category describing physical devices that can be placed into a computer, either to download information or to upload it, such as a memory card, a USB stick, a removable hard drive, a thumb drive or similar items.

Sources further report that a person or persons allied to Donald Trump passed data accessed from Director Comey’s computer to Russian diplomats. It is not known when or how this took place. A piece of removable media containing all the data in question has been recovered from hostile actors, sources say, and is now in the possession of the Justice Department.

Wow! That sounds like BS to me, a little too far fetched even for this shit show, but if it is true, wowzers. Wars have been started for less.

Wow! That sounds like BS to me, a little too far fetched even for this shit show, but if it is true, wowzers. Wars have been started for less.

Where's this from? I'm very skeptical, it's incredibly far fetched but a big fat if that was true, that's death penalty stuff.

What's not to like?
On the one hand, I want this issue to be investigated and put to rest once and for all, and appointing a SP probably hints that there is more than smooke.

On the other hand, what will happen during the period that the Council is working? Getting rid of healthcare for millions? tax cuts when our debt/GDP is nearly 100%? Plus, each time an important story comes around, the GOP will say "leave it to the the Council" and understandably so. Any talks about impeachment will not be taken seriously just when the I word started to float around more frequently.

I've titled the Trump presidency A Midsummer Night's Tweet. Act I, The Rise of Orange Julius, just completed with a mouthwatering cliffhanger in the appointment of special counsel.

Any suggestions on the naming of Act II?

Where's this from? I'm very skeptical, it's incredibly far fetched but a big fat if that was true, that's death penalty stuff.

Hmmm sounds like BS but if it's true......serious shit.

That can't be true... I mean thats the type of stuff that used to get you shot if you were found guilty.

That's why I said it's probably BS, but if true........ And the trouble is with this lot you just cannot be sure. Personally it sounds a little too sophisticated (and seriously corrupt like the plot of a movie) the source is incredibly dubious, but in her defence she has been uncannily spot on right throughout this entire debacle of a Presidency and has been credited by some seriously respected journalists and media outlets.

FFS, if Trump really gave media data to the Russians, illegally obtained media data to boot, he'd be tried for treason. But even he's not that stupid and arrogant, right?

I'm sorry Langster, but that has to be bullshit, it really has to be! Someone accessed the computer of the former FBI director and then passed on the info to Russian handlers?? It's so far fetched and stupid, especially during this week....them Ruskies must have the mother of all blackmail material to make someone in the administration break into one of the most classified computers in America.

@langster It sounds incredibly unlikely that this happened.

Yes I completely agree, I said the same but I have been sceptical about Mensch for months. However, I think she has been proved right on an awful lot of things especially with regards to Russia so I can't completely dismiss it just because with this lot you never know.

Deputy AG Rosenstein appointing this special prosecutor without the knowledge of the Trump team presumably means he did so under the nose of AG Sessions.

If that's the case, that's got to be seriously bad news for Sessions. Either the Trump side will slaughter him or the house or senate committee undermined him intentionally because he isn't trusted and or is one of the ones expected to be under the microscope.
CNN reporter confirmed Sessions did not know until after order was signed.

Don't you think we'll see more and more of this type of stuff the more Trump's house starts to fall apart? Rosenstein was obviously thrown in the gutter with the Comey recommendation and he just returned the favour a couple of days later by appointing this special prosecutor without telling the WH. I can't imagine that no more people will be used as scapegoats when more shit inevitably hits the fan and I have no doubt a lot of them will climb over each other to save themselves career wise.

I don't want to sound like a bad person but I would love to see more backstabbings and attempts to play people against each other. :angel:

Mueller/Bharara/Comey/Yates

The Dream Team

I've never used this smiley before but it's just so right for this.. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

That's why I said it's probably BS, but if true........ And the trouble is with this lot you just cannot be sure. Personally it sounds a little too sophisticated (and seriously corrupt like the plot of a movie) the source is incredibly dubious, but in her defence she has been uncannily spot on right throughout this entire debacle of a Presidency and has been credited by some seriously respected journalists and media outlets.

:lol: Mate, you're quoting Louise Menses!

I fell through a wormhole last autumn and I'm pretty sure this is an alternate reality that I'm living.

Status
Not open for further replies.