The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charming.
http://www.thejournal.ie/rob-fisher-resigns-3395327-May2017/?utm_source=facebook_short
A US REPUBLICAN lawmaker who was criticised for creating a misogynistic online forum has resigned, citing concerns for the safety of his loved ones and himself.

The resignation of Rep. Robert Fisher came shortly after his Republican colleagues voted to recommend the full House take no action against him and after Democrats said they would ask the attorney general to investigate him.

Fisher had come under fire after a recent article on The Daily Beast revealed him as the creator of a Reddit forum called The Red Pill, which bills itself as a discussion of sexual strategies for men and includes a post in which users debate whether “every woman wants to be attractive enough to be raped.”

Can a President fire a VP? Would be interesting to see whether or not Trump turns on Pence if he's fearing a backstabbing.

He can, but it would be completely stupid since Pence has been a good ally and it would make Trump look even more desperate than he does now.

Does anyone ever kinda feel like this is the moment the Monty Python troop pops out of the woodworks and declares this whole thing "silly"?

Deputy AG Rosenstein appointing this special prosecutor without the knowledge of the Trump team presumably means he did so under the nose of AG Sessions.

If that's the case, that's got to be seriously bad news for Sessions. Either the Trump side will slaughter him or the house or senate committee undermined him intentionally because he isn't trusted and or is one of the ones expected to be under the microscope.

Can a President fire a VP? Would be interesting to see whether or not Trump turns on Pence if he's fearing a backstabbing.

Given the speculation that's been going on since at least November that Pence was the back-up plan, is it far-fetched to suspect him of being one of the primary sources of leaks from the WH?

Pence has also gone to decent lengths to keep himself separate from the Russia story. He probably wants the big job. Him getting fired will depend if Trump think he'll get a pardon.

Deputy AG Rosenstein appointing this special prosecutor without the knowledge of the Trump team presumably means he did so under the nose of AG Sessions.

If that's the case, that's got to be seriously bad news for Sessions. Either the Trump side will slaughter him or the house or senate committee undermined him intentionally because he isn't trusted and or is one of the ones expected to be under the microscope.

CNN reporter confirmed Sessions did not know until after order was signed.

He can, but it would be completely stupid since Pence has been a good ally and it would make Trump look even more desperate than he does now.

Do you not think Trump might do it out of pettiness towards the GOP if he thinks they will let him go down?

I don't think he would pardon Trump. Just my opinion. Pardoning him after he was deemed guilty would completely impugn Pence's credibility as President.

Perhaps, but he might use it as his one piece of leverage. Create chaos within the GOP and try to get them to stand by him. It'd be madness, right enough, but might throw a spanner in the works.

I don't think he would pardon Trump. Just my opinion. Pardoning him after he was deemed guilty would completely impugn Pence's credibility as President.

Perhaps not, but the problem with Trump is that with the reputation and attention he's garnered, people pay attention to what he says, even if just to ridicule it. Having him on Twitter regularly ridiculing the new administration after him, and potentially making up all sorts of shites about them, could be incredibly damaging.

Given the speculation that's been going on since at least November that Pence was the back-up plan, is it far-fetched to suspect him of being one of the primary sources of leaks from the WH?

Nah, I doubt it. Pence is many things, including cowardly. He's backed Trump until now for some power, and I reckon his preferred tactic is to stay distant and watch things fall apart. Leaking has major risks.

When it's time for him to decide between resignation and impeachment what use is credibility?

It would be completely daft and wouldn't help Trump achieve any goal. If anything, his best bet is to arrange his own exit and try to coax Pence into promising a pardon.

Perhaps not, but the problem with Trump is that with the reputation and attention he's garnered, people pay attention to what he says, even if just to ridicule it. Having him on Twitter regularly ridiculing the new administration after him, and potentially making up all sorts of shites about them, could be incredibly damaging.

He won't be able to Tweet from jail.

The thought of Trump in jail gives me wonderful schadenfreude. Do what you're told, when you're told, no fake tan, no hairspray and no privileges.

He won't be able to Tweet from jail.

The thought of Trump in jail gives me wonderful schadenfreude. Do what you're told, when you're told, no fake tan, no hairspray and no privileges.

With the legal team he'll have, he won't go to jail for a fair bit of time I'd imagine. And as he drags it out, he'll still be able to tweet I imagine. Even if he can't, news media will still be clambering to talk to him considering the remarkable circumstances, and if Trump talks shit about Pence it'll be very damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.