The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing we'll lose is the entertainment value. The thing is so full of lies and inaccuracies.

You lose far more. it removes the fourth estate from the process over overseeing government.

It normalizes the president having no accountability whatsoever.

In other words, it is precisely what dictators do. I will use the example of Erdogan to save cries of godwin, but limiting th epower of the press is preciely what Erdogan has been engaged in since taking power.

However, Erdogan himself is following the rules laid out in Mein Kampf (including a familiar term for us in the UK, labeling himself strong and stable,Trump has not adopted that yet, which surprises me).

You lose far more. it removes the fourth estate from the process over overseeing government.

It normalizes the president having no accountability whatsoever.

In other words, it is precisely what dictators do.
I will use the example of Erdogan to save cries of godwin, but limiting th epower of the press is preciely what Erdogan has been engaged in since taking power.

However, Erdogan himself is following the rules laid out in Mein Kampf (including a familiar term for us in the UK, labeling himself strong and stable,Trump has not adopted that yet, which surprises me).
A million times this.

I reckon his plan, from the very start, was to sideline the press.

I am sure he's suffering from sleep deprivation. He's the kind of guy that a negative tweet would keep him awake.

Oh yeah, Cornyn. He'd do his best to stall the investigation, possibly end it all together. He's shown more concern for Rice "unmasking names" and Yates testimony. He's even stated he doesn't believe in the collusion possibility.

Gowdy would simply be in it for himself, like most of the GOP willing to sacrifice "their championed family values" for a slice of the big pie.

Both can feck right off.

CNN covering the important matters.

263D2C43-D97B-4797-8B52-31896CEF8060_zpse8iyu01w.jpg

Spineless Ryan pulling a Wenger.

Pathetic for a Speaker of the House to pretend it's minor because it's on Twitter. He knows precisely what just happened and like the rest of the GOP is just cowering because he thinks the most desirable thing in the world is tax reform.

I'm also in favor of tax reform, but no piece of policy is worth more than even an ounce of damage to the key institutions of good government.

stopped reading after 3 words
It's the first time I posted something related to her because of the very reason you imply. However, Claude Taylor seems more credible to me, and sealed indictments issued by a district court appears to me less lofty than most of what Mensch tweeted before.

Appalling.

It is worse than that.

That is Bannon offering a threat of what is to come if there is an attempt to remove them.

It is a statement from the alt-right, that they won't go without a fight, and bannon has controlled the lot of them for at least 3 years.

Gerrymandering. Voter ID laws intentionally targeted against minorities: they'll deny this, but it's easy to spot. I think one of them accidentally admitted their intent at a speech a while back. I'd have to look it up...

If a person is registered to vote, has proper ID, then there is no way anyone can stop them from voting. For reasons why they are not registered, or they do not have proper ID's, then I have a controversial opinion which will irate people, but lets just say, no one is going to come to their homes and get that ready for them. Same as if they don't have a job or an education, people need to take responsibility for their own situation.

:lol: seriously??
Are you registered to vote? Do you have a decent level of education? Do you have a job? If yes, then you must have worked for it, not sit at home and wait for someone to hand it to you. If you sat at home and got all this, then congrats to you.

Are you registered to vote? Do you have a decent level of education? Do you have a job? If yes, then you must have worked for it, not sit at home and wait for someone to hand it to you. If you sat at home and got all this, then congrats to you.

What the feck are you on about? Whats this have to do with targeted voter suppression?

If a person is registered to vote, has proper ID, then there is no way anyone can stop them from voting. For reasons why they are not registered, or they do not have proper ID's, then I have a controversial opinion which will irate people, but lets just say, no one is going to come to their homes and get that ready for them. Same as if they don't have a job or an education, people need to take responsibility for their own situation.

You should run for Congress with ignorance like that, you'd be a slam dunk in GOP districts.

Oh come on. Like the elderly black woman in the John Oliver video who was turned away with a variety of requests for ridiculous extra documents? Or the ID office that's only open 4 days a year?

The GOP set out to not only make ID necessary but to make it as hard as possible for poor members of minorities to get that ID, and the brazen fecks didn't even try hard to disguise it. That's before we even mention bullshit like closing polling booths in minority areas so that minorities working several jobs would have to travel long distances and face long queues just to be able to actually vote.

Wow. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable. Care to comment on gerrymandering?

Status
Not open for further replies.