The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being flippant as obviously not all President/candidates are related, but there certainly is a like for keeping it in the family as Hillary was running as too was Jeb Bush, but as I said I wasn't being entirely serious about all being related. I was being serious by worrying that Trumps spawn could decide to run in coming years, and I was also being serious that I bet it has been discussed, especially with Ivanka and Don Jr, heck probably Eric too, the family is arrogant enough to want a legacy of controlling the world hence why I said it would be best if Trump left in absolute disgrace.

Changing the subject, here's a Murdoch owned paper sticking it to Trump.... https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-presidents-credibility-1490138920

That's not surprising, but what is really, really depressing is some of the comments. I truly despair, some people are just full of such mistrust and are so completely lost. A few comments had me feeling depressed but the ones saying that Obama should be being arrested and the ones saying Trump is always right and telling the truth really got to me. It's like the old saying, you can't fool all the people all of the time but you can fool some of the people some of the time.

I probably should have realized that, sorry about that.

Anyways, yeah I can see the Trumps, especially Donald wanting to build some sort of dynasty. Not that unusual amongst wealthy and powerful people.

Ahahaha, Churchill is totally who he's trying to copy on the Crippled America cover, just noticed:

517ndDjPaFL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
How Trump can make America great again. Stepping down would be a good start.

Jeff Sessions, Attorney-General: As the country's top law officer, he was obliged to recuse himself from any Justice Department handling of the Trump/Russia investigations after it was revealed that he had failed to disclose two meetings with Russian ambassador to the US, Sergey Kislyak, in the course of the campaign.

Roger Stone, long-time adviser: He seemed to claim in the course of the campaign that he had advance knowledge of the leaking through WikiLeaks of troves of emails hacked from Democratic Party computers by Russian agents. (Sean Spicer: Trump and Stone speak "from time to time" but they had not done so recently.)

Jared Kushner, Trump's adviser and son-in-law: He had a meeting with Kislyak during the transition period and reportedly has real estate business deals with Russians.

Michael Flynn, a high-profile campaign surrogate and national security adviser: He was sacked by Trump after revelations that he lied about his conversations with Kislyak. Also under investigation as a former military officer, for accepting payment for attending a gala for the Kremlin-owned Russia Today TV network - during which he sat at Russian President Vladimir Putin's table at a banquet. (Sean Spicer: he was just a "volunteer of the campaign.")

Donald Trump jnr, the President's son: He travels to Russia and famously told a New York real estate conference in 2008, "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets" and "We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Paul Manafort, former campaign manager: He was sacked after six months after revelations that he has received millions of dollars in questionable payments from pro-Russian politicians and businessmen in Ukraine and of contacting Russian interests in the course of the campaign. (Sean Spicer: "[He had only a] limited role for a very limited amount of time.")

Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State: A former ExxonMobil chief executive and Putin friend, he oversaw a partnership deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars between ExxonMobil and Russian energy giant Rosneft after which Putin awarded him the Order of Friendship.

Wilbur Ross, Secretary of Commerce: In the 1990s, he served on the board of the US-Russia Investment Fund, which helped drive business in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union and has a stake in a Cyprus bank favoured by wealthy Russians.

Carter Page, former adviser on foreign policy: He reportedly met Kislyak during last year's Republican convention in Cleveland, Ohio; speaks to business groups in Russia and, some years ago, worked in Moscow as an investment banker. (Sean Spicer: "An individual who the president-elect does not know and was put on notice months ago by the campaign.")

J.D. Gordon, former adviser on national security: A former Pentagon spokesman, he too reportedly met Kislyak in Cleveland. (Kellyanne Conway: "[He had] very attenuated contacts to the campaign. [The President] doesn't know [him], didn't work with [him].")

Some who are independent of the Trump circle are dismissive about the alleged collusion with the Kremlin.

Mike Morrell, a former acting director of the CIA, is an authoritative voice in knocking it down. "There is smoke, but there is no fire at all," he said.

But the circumstantial case put to Monday's hearing before the House Intelligence Committee by senior Democrat Adam Schiff is seemingly sufficiently compelling for the FBI.

Here's the scenario that Schiff, drawing on public sources, presented as, perhaps, a series of coincidences in the course of 2016, but perhaps not - and therefore warranting serious investigation.

Early July:

Page travels to Moscow with approval of the Trump campaign. In Moscow, he makes a speech critical of the US focus on democracy and corruption. Page secretly meets Igor Sechin chief executive of Rosneft, reportedly a former KGB agent and close friend of Putin and of Tillerson. Sechin reportedly offers Page brokerage fees in a deal involving the sale of a 19 per cent stake in Rosneft. Reuters reports the transaction but the name of the buyer and the amount of brokerage fees are unknown.

About the same time the Trump campaign is offered documents damaging to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton - Russian-sourced but laundered through WikiLeaks - in return for a future Trump administration watering down Washington's criticism of the Russian invasion of Ukraine and taking a stand against NATO.

Mid July:

Manafort, who had selected Page as the campaign's Moscow go-between, attends the Republican convention with Page. Kislyak also attends - meeting Page, Gordon, Sessions and another Trump adviser, Walid Phares. The Republican platform is changed to delete references to giving "lethal defensive weapons" to Ukraine - and later Gordon admits that he had a hand in the revision.

Late July:

The first batch of damaging Democratic Party emails is released.

August 8:

Stone boasts publicly that he has communicated with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and claims more documents would be coming, including an "October surprise".

Mid August:

Stone claims to have had contact with the hacker of the Democratic computers and, soon after, makes the remarkable prediction that Clinton campaign executive John Podesta's personal emails would soon be published - which duly happens.

November:

Post election, Trump appoints Flynn as his national security adviser, but he sacks him in February after he is revealed to have lied about his meetings with the Russian ambassador.

Comey is suspect in Democratic circles because of his 11th-hour, campaign revelation that Hillary Clinton's controversial emails were still being investigated by the FBI.

But, just as Trump delighted in expressing confidence in Comey as the FBI boss made Clinton squirm during the campaign, Democrats now revel in Comey's seeming determination to get to the bottom of the whole Russia business.

"I can promise you, we will follow the facts wherever they lead," he told the committee on Monday.

Schiff left the hearing with a spring in his step, telling reporters: "It gives me some level of confidence knowing that an agency that does have the resources is devoting itself to determining just what type of co-ordination might have taken place."

How many of these people have Trump&co just swept under the rug with statements like "Trump never met them, we didn't know they did that, the vetting process failed"? Trump have denied ever meeting that KKK person whos name I can't remember and how he's had no business in Russia or how he's never met Putin, Manafort played a very small role etcetc.... All of which have been blatant lies and just straight up BS on the same level as if SAF would claim that he's never seen Man United play live.
Why aren't the journalists pressing them more on this? It seems as if they ask a question and then get an obvious lie thrown in their face and then feel content with that since they can write an article about the fact that they lied.
Maybe Spicer is better at deflecting these type of things than I realise but surely it can't be that difficult to call him and especially Conway out on their BS on the spot when it's so obvious.

Maybe instead of Lincoln he should focus on that new up and comer Frederick Douglass.
:lol:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mattis-defense-hill-republicans-obama-236329
But Republican lawmakers and senior congressional aides said in recent interviews they’re running out of patience with the former four-star general’s staffing decisions, which have disappointed Republican members of the Senate Armed Services Committee hoping to see their ideological allies elevated to senior levels in the Defense Department. Others are grumbling about Mattis’s refusal to advocate a bigger increase in the defense budget, which defense hawks believe was gutted disastrously under President Barack Obama.

First they get all excited because this 'legendary', straight-speaking, warfighter will serve as SecDef. Then they find out that real tough guys speak soft, don't want to get in fights unless needed (his prior State Dept comments), and that preparing to 'kill the enemy' (if needed) is not activity in politics, but rather in competency.

I probably should have realized that, sorry about that.

Anyways, yeah I can see the Trumps, especially Donald wanting to build some sort of dynasty. Not that unusual amongst wealthy and powerful people.

Oh no need to apologise at all mate. It's easy to misinterpret tone or meaning on the internet, completely understandable. I totally agree too that rich/powerful people nearly always want their children to continue their legacy and I cant name Trump for wanting the same. Personally though as I said I want him to go down in disgrace as that would then lessen the chance of his children being able to try to emulate him in politics and becoming President. Hopefully he tarnishes his family name beyond repair.

Although so far it bears no consequences, I love how tweets come back to hurt politicians.

Sean 'Manafort had a very limited role' Spicer in July 2016:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politics/devin-nunes-trump-communications/

"
House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes said Wednesday that President Donald Trump's personal communications may have been picked up by investigators through "incidental collection."

Nunes said at a news conference he discovered the potential surveillance of Trump himself while reviewing intelligence reports, but said it was not related to Russia.
"This is a normal, incidental collection, based on what I could collect," Nunes said. "This appears to be all legally collected foreign intelligence under" the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
Nunes said he alerted House Speaker Paul Ryan about the collection and is traveling to the White House Wednesday afternoon.
"I'm actually alarmed by it," Nunes said.
Democrats on the committee appeared blindsided by Nunes' announcement. Rep. Jim Himes said he spoke with ranking Democratic member Adam Schiff, and that neither of them are familiar with the evidence Nunes is citing.

"

Trump supporters( use the term loosely) have gone wild on social media .Saying Obama is going to jail.

Trump supporters( use the term loosely) have gone wild on social media .Saying Obama is going to jail.
May I suggest that this demonstrates once again that many 45 supporters are not the brightest candles on the cake (literally translated).

Status
Not open for further replies.