The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gowdy is a comedy character.

He's telling Comey to do his job and is upset that even more suspicion is now on Trump.

Comey doesn't seem very pleased with the way he is talking to him.

He's going on the attack on Comey here.

The Republicans really have been acting like defense lawyers here. They are desperately trying to put doubts in all the evidence.

So who do we think should be most worried here? Roger Stone seems to be in trouble and it seems the Dems were pushing hard on Tillerson, be interesting to see if that is a sign of more to come.

I understand that the Republicans are upset because without the evidence actually being out there, this "creates a vacuum" which will be filled with speculation, allegations and suspicion, but in reality they are more upset at the fact this wouldn't have happened today on a mere gut feeling. The FBI and NSA clearly have solid evidence and this is the first real step in blowing the whole thing wide open.

I nodded off for a bit there and woke up to Schiff asking exactly the same questions he did about 5 hours ago, the ones about the Russians and the ones about Brexit. Am I stuck in a time loop? Is the video feed just replaying what happened earlier? Or did he really repeat himself yet again? Feck that's really, seriously span me out. :wenger::lol:

xUJGS7T.jpg

Before this meeting, Nunes struck me as one of the biggest cnuts and after this meeting, I don't see any reason to change my view.

Nunes was the one whose questioning went down the baffling route of "IF the FBI found evidence that the Clinton campaign had colluded with Russia, would there be a full scale criminal investigation into this?"

Comey looked perplexed and answered "Well, yes, of course. It's the same for everyone".

Nunes then continued pushing this angle implying that maybe Clinton colluded as well and that would need investigating.

"Why wouldn't we? Do you know of any evidence to suggest this?"

"It's a hypothetical".

Moron.

I nodded off for a bit there and woke up to Schiff asking exactly the same questions he did about 5 hours ago, the ones about the Russians and the ones about Brexit. Am I stuck in a time loop? Is the video feed just replaying what happened earlier? Or did he really repeat himself yet again? Feck that's really, seriously span me out. :wenger::lol:

Yeah that got me too, that live stream is going back through it all it seems.

Someone raised the point here (can't recall who) that the first thing Trump did when elected was raise the cost of staying at his own resort because of the increased status. What I never thought about was the fact that government security and agents will have to stay there on the same days that Trump does. It's a very smart way to redirect state funds into his own business. (Allegedly).

Someone raised the point here (can't recall who) that the first thing Trump did when elected was raise the cost of staying at his own resort because of the increased status. What I never thought about was the fact that government security and agents will have to stay there on the same days that Trump does. It's a very smart way to redirect state funds into his own business. (Allegedly).

He's renting out to secret service in Trump Tower too, for $1.6/yr iirc.

Nunes was the one whose questioning went down the baffling route of "IF the FBI found evidence that the Clinton campaign had colluded with Russia, would there be a full scale criminal investigation into this?"

Comey looked perplexed and answered "Well, yes, of course. It's the same for everyone".

Nunes then continued pushing this angle implying that maybe Clinton colluded as well and that would need investigating.

"Why wouldn't we? Do you know of any evidence to suggest this?"

"It's a hypothetical".

Moron.

It's tragic that someone who was on Trump's transition team can be in charge of this investigation. He also just wants to focus on the leaks and have up to this point had no interest in the Russia ties. No wonder the Republican's were pressing on the leaks, and only on the leaks, the entire hearing.

Is it purely because the Republicans are currently in control of everything that Nunes is allowed to even be a part of this let alone lead it?

He's quite clearly going to ruin it to save Trump's arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.