The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the exchange between King and Comey that's so funny?
As I understood it, King wanted Comey to confirm or disclose names of participants of classified meetings he had held with Obama and/or Trump from which the WaPo reported. Comey rebuked all efforts saying he wouldn't even confirm such meetings have happened and added that many more people are ITK or think they are ITK than participants of classified meetings.

Republican's turn...

"It's important that we have a bipartisan investigation.......

....... into these leaks".

As I understood it, King wanted Comey to confirm or disclose names of participants of classified meetings he had held with Obama and/or Trump from which the WaPo reported. Comey rebuked all efforts saying he wouldn't even confirm such meetings have happened and added that many more people are ITK or think they are ITK than participants of classified meetings.

Yep - King ended up by saying this:

King: "We know 4 of you went to Trump tower for the [dossier] meeting"
Comey: "How do we all know that?"

Nice questions by the repub tbf this time

Next Republican up....

"So about this FISA thing..."

You can't make this shit up.

"We know Trump associates have been caught by this FISA so can I, in your opinion, figure out some sort of way to make this intelligence illegally obtained?"

'President' Trump: the Interim One.

"In the interest of bipartisanship..." is the Republican version of "I'm not racist and I have a black mate but..."

This is so ridiculously bifurcated. Dems are going after Russia connections and GOPers are going after leaks.

This is so ridiculously bifurcated. Dems are going after Russia connections and GOPers are going after leaks.

The big difference is the fact the Dem's bring a brand new angle with each Rep whereas the GOP are repeating the same two angles.

Do you think that Republican supporters will like it? Comey and Rodgers clearly described Russia as adversaries.

That's really bothering because both subjects are important.

Leaks have happened and will happen forever. They're being used now as a distraction. Nothing more.

It's still a problem.

Sure, but Comey called this conference to address the answers on the Russian investigation. Republican's are effectively hijacking it.

If the administration is breaking the law, leaks are the only way to prevent them from being swept under the rug.

It's still a problem, you have to know who are the leaks and how they got the information in the first place.

It's a farce and sums up the broken politics. A party would rather focus on a messenger than treason, just because it makes your candidate look bad.

Comey has more sense of humor than I expected. :lol: Great how he handled Wenstrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.