The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Literally watching Telly and tweeting. :lol:

lead_960.jpg

If you recruited him as a manchurian candidate, what would your code name for him be?
I don't consider code names necessary to begin with - the guy isn't Voldemort, one can simply use his name - but I'd probably use a term that isn't associated with the suffering and deaths of millions of people. Calling him 45 is a bit childish in my eyes but at least it doesn't trivialize a disgraceful operation.

I don´t know either program you mention to be specific about them. There is plenty enough conspiracy theories out there and you will find some that hits the mark if you produce enough of em. But also remember that there are hundreds/thousands of them that is pure bullshit so that is why i´m very careful with such things. Agencies like the CIA and FBI do need to be held accountable of course and if they wilfully lie or deceive the congress during official meetings in the congress then those responsible should face long jail times.

This is a large part of the problem, most people don't know the details of them and because conspiracy theories are (often rightly) mocked, the real stuff gets pushed into the same territory in the public consciousness.

You know the way conspiracy nuts talk about 'false flag' operations all the time? Do you know why that became a thing? Largely because back in 1962 there was a real proposal for a CIA program called Operation Northwoods which the goal of carrying out terrorist attacks against American civilians to give justification for a war with Cuba. Kennedy rejected it, but it was a real plan from the DoD and Joint Chiefs. Instead they continued to carry out an extensive program of covert action including at least 8 attempted assassination attempts.

MK ULTRA ran for over 20 years and was the CIA's pet mind control project. They did nice things like carrying out secret experiments on students at US universities and US servicemen with drugs and hypnotism. They never owned up to which people had been drugged (and destroyed most of the files in the 70's) but there were several deaths and anyone arrested for doing whatever on LSD was left with no kind of defense or protection.

Operation Mockingbird was the one where they used about 3000 people to try and infiltrate the free press and turn it into a propoganda operation for the US government.

I won't rant on, because I'm sure you have no interest in reading an essay, but my point is that some truly outrageous and completely unbelievable things were done. The intelligence agencies have become stronger rather than weaker since, politics has grown ever more partisan, and the agencies now certainly have far more information about elected politicians than they've ever had before. Oh and we know they continue to lie, according to major political figures. I just don't see where this accountability is going to come from.

Oh and if you're ever interested in reading more about this stuff, the Church Committee is a good starting point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Committee

I will be honest and talk plainly with you regarding the manipulation of foreign Governments. You won´t have any country on earth that don´t at least to some extent try to use covert power through agencies such as CIA and the like ( covert operations is as old as time ). Europe have been very naive about this and this is why Russian have been successful with it as next to no countermeasures was taken in due time.

You're quite right that intelligence agencies have done this basically since the dawn of time, but in the modern era America have had an atrocious record of overthrowing democratic governments, assassinating or attempting to assassinate foreign leaders and sometimes destabilizing peaceful nations for the profit of private American corporations. We shouldn't feel smug in Britain because our lot did the same plenty, but there is a definite difference between spying and using agencies to try and radically change countries to the detriment of their civilian populations. Russia do it too of course it should be mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Many Washington power players have been astonished by the President's frequent defenses of the Russian leader and determination to improve relations with the Kremlin, despite Moscow's turn to Cold War-style confrontational policies in recent years. Just saw this on CNN.

Have a few questions : One why is an improved relationship with Russia such a bad thing. And 2 "Cold War Style confrontational policies" surely a lot of what the west has been doing since the uprising in Ukraine has resulted in this Cold War Style confrontational policy something that the new administration would like to ease before we all start running for the bunkers.

Many Washington power players have been astonished by the President's frequent defenses of the Russian leader and determination to improve relations with the Kremlin, despite Moscow's turn to Cold War-style confrontational policies in recent years. Just saw this on CNN.

Have a few questions : One why is an improved relationship with Russia such a bad thing. And 2 "Cold War Style confrontational policies" surely a lot of what the west has been doing since the uprising in Ukraine has resulted in this Cold War Style confrontational policy something that the new administration would like to ease before we all start running for the bunkers.

I'm all for improving relations with Russia, I think a deal can be reached between Moscow and the West and there are things that can be done together in areas of shared interest.

I think the problem is that Trump's attitude towards Russia goes against everything he does with regard to other countries, e.g. Lifting sanctions - why would Mr. Hard-ball business man promise to lift sanctions in advance of negotiations?

Last edited:
I'm all for improving relations with Russia, I think a deal can be reached between Moscow and the West and there are things that can be done together in areas of shared interest.

I think the problem is that Trump's attitude towards Russia goes against everything he does wu H regard to other countries, e.g. Lifting sanctions - why would Mr. Hard-ball business man promise to lift sanctions in advance of negotiations?

Maybe he does not want the world to go down a dark path with Russia so if he wants to ease sanctions and get the West a little closer to Russia I'm all for it and so should the rest of us.

Maybe he does not want the world to go down a dark path with Russia so if he wants to ease sanctions and get the West a little closer to Russia I'm all for it and so should the rest of us.

Easing sanctions would only embolden Putin with the knowledge he can randomly invade his neighbors at will, steal their land, then extract concessions from the west without having to contribute any of his own. It's basically a great recipe for rewarding his despotic behavior.

Well if we were to believe Sean Spicer: "President Trump has made it very clear that he expects the Russian government to de-escalate violence in the Ukraine and return Crimea".

One problem is that Putin himself spins it as if Crimea released themselves from Ukraine.

Another problem is that the Russian government has obviouly been trying to influence the democratic elections of the USA, and everything suggests they're trying to do the same in other countries.

It's not that an improved relationship between USA and Russia would be a bad thing per se. It's just that in reality the improvement of the relationship would come down to something like lifting sanctions. It takes two to tango for that, while at the moment there's nothing to suggest that Putin will change his strategies and ways.

On the contrary you could perhaps argue that while the economic effects of the sanctions are felt, there have been no signs of Russia changing their strategies. So are they really an answer/solution, or will it just create more conflicts in the long run?

Anyway, Putin has been in charge of Russia for 17 years now, and it doesn't look like he's leaving any time soon. Looking back at how he has ran that country, even taking the difficulty of it all into account, there's just not that much reason to assume he's ever going to be a suitable partner for the West.

Russia have used military force to annex land from to countries under Putin ( First Georgian territory and then Ukrainian ) and this is extreme military aggression and Russia most face sanctions until they return the territory to the rightfully owners. Russia alone have created these tensions from attacking their neighbours and that is why the sanctions are in place and you cant expect buddy buddy relations with a nation that is militarily aggressive if you want to stop that sort of behaviour.

If Russia wants better relations then they most be willing to the right thing and return what they stole. You don´t reward a thief by letting him keep what he stole, if so he will just steal from you again. Russia is the aggressor in this matter and not EU / U.S.A as they only responded after Russia committed their crime of annexation.

Wow you are naive :lol:

At the moment, Putin is playing a game of poker. His hand is bad, but he wants to see how far a bluff can get him.
I'm all in for better relations with Russia, but surely not on their conditions. Invading Ukraine was a major breach of law and costume and honestly, should have been answered with way harder measures than it has been.
We need to make it clear to Russia, and Putin, that eastern Europe is not their backyard. If the Baltics want to be part of the NATO, they can. It's up for them to decide this. If Ukraine wants closer relations to the EU, its up to them, not Russia. Putin is ignoring all of this and converted back to those cold war politics himself.

Also, if you really think a war is even remotely possible, you are a bit of buffoon.
Putin will always back out the second any serious answer comes from the west, it's in nbodys interest.
It's basically what Putin is trying out: how far can I go without any danger of geting into trouble? At the moment the answer is: very far. And Trump wants t extend that even further.

We are getting blackmailed and you don't even notice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...atest-liar-bigot-team-trump-article-1.2971639

KING: Stephen Miller is the latest insufferable liar and bigot on Team Trump
usa-trump.jpg

Senior White House Advisor Stephen Miller is a 31-year-old Duke graduate who somehow found a way to be an outspoken critic of Maya Angelou while in college.

Over the past few months, the nation has come to know Stephen Bannon, who serves as the Chief Strategist of Donald Trump’s White House, as a conniving, crass bigot who made a single hop from the leader of Breitbart, the nation’s most bigoted mainstream website to bullying his way into the highest office in the land.

For those of us who have been targeted by Breitbart for years, we see Bannon’s fingerprints all over Trump’s executive orders. Breitbart is basically known as a platform that targets and harasses immigrants, Muslims, refugees, people of color, and women — so, seeing Trump appoint a cabinet and issue orders that do just that all were right in line with the Breitbart philosophy of the world. It’s also why the meme of Bannon as Trump’s puppetmaster has taken hold.

But this weekend the nation got a new level of confirmation that Stephen Bannon is not the only Steve pulling the strings. Stephen Miller, a 31-year-old Duke graduate who somehow found a way to be an outspoken critic of Maya Angelou while in college, now serves as Donald Trump’s Chief Policy Advisor.

Nevermind that he has no advanced experience crafting policies. Nevermind that he, like most of Trump’s cabinet picks, lacks any graduate education on policy or law or international affairs or diplomacy. The most educated man in the White House knows how to perform brain surgeries — so, naturally, they put him in charge of housing.

For the past few months I repeatedly heard that Stephen Miller was a pompous, arrogant, rude, bigot. This remark from a Duke administrator says it all:

“He’s the most sanctimonious student I think I ever encountered,” said John Burness, Duke’s former senior vice president of public affairs and government relations. “He seemed to be absolutely sure of his own views and the correctness of them, and seemed to assume that if you were in disagreement with him, there was something malevolent or stupid about your thinking. Incredibly intolerant.”

It’s deeper than that. People who knew Miller in middle school said he was a bigot back then and expressly ended childhood friendships with Latino students over their ethnicity. “I can't be your friend any more because you are Latino,” Jason Islas says he was told by Miller the summer before they began high school. In fact, in an amazing piece of investigative journalism from Univision, they uncovered instance after instance of bigotry, xenophobia, and homophobia from throughout Miller’s time as a student at Santa Monica High School. Because it was simply not that long ago, witnesses and documents have been relatively easy to find.

Students said he ended all relationships with any non-white students that “he used to make fun of the children of Latino and Asian immigrants who did not speak English well.” Not only that, but in his own writings uncovered by Univision, he regularly complained about the rights and privileges of Muslim students, LGBT students, and particularly Latino students — who made up over 30% of his school — the largest school in the district. The very existence of a gay club spooked him. He could not believe that the school invited a Muslim guest speaker.

School Board member Oscar de la Torre shared repeated stories of clashes with the teenage Miller and recalled that the student showed up for a meeting designed to discuss how the school for support black and Latino students. Except Miller showed up to destroy the meeting, de la Torre told Univision Noticias.

usa-trump-immigration.jpg

“He wanted to sabotage us,” de la Torre said. “He confronted everyone, denying that racism existed. He said that was a thing of the past.”

Are you reading what I’m writing here or what? In the White House right now, serving as Chief Policy Advisor, is a young, inexperienced bigot whose racist roots go back to his childhood. Another student, Natalie Flores, said Miller had “an intense hatred toward people of color, especially toward Latinos."

Yet another student, Charles Gould, who attended elementary through high school with Stephen Miller, called him “an unabashed racist.” Gould continued, “he was constantly making disparaging remarks about the African American, Latino, and Asian students at our school.” Multiple former classmates, including professional baseball player Cody Decker, have all spoken of how Miller was booed off of stage “by 4,000 students” when he was running for class president. In the speech, Miller alluded to how students should not have to pick up their own trash or clear their own cafeteria plates, because the cafeteria workers, who were almost exclusively black and Latino, should do it for them.

And, so it appears that the kid who harassed and belittled immigrants, Muslims, and other students and staff of color, was actually the architect of Donald Trump’s disastrous Muslim ban. Of course he was. Your Chief Policy Advisor should play a chief role in crafting policies, but this man is dangerous. He has no substantive experience crafting policy. Even in his limited roles working for, of all people, Michelle Bachman and Jeff Sessions, he wasn’t crafting policy, he was a communications guy. He has no credible national security experience, but was said by two government officials to be running some National Security Council meetings — which is batsh-t crazy.

trump.jpg

Reince Priebus, Peter Navarro, Jared Kushner, Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon watch as President Trump signs an executive order in the White House on Jan. 23.

While the Trump administration has been one giant mess these past few weeks, we had not yet had the distinct experience of hearing Stephen Miller talk much. He would frequently be peering over Trump’s shoulders as he signed random executive orders, but pretty much kept quiet. Then, this weekend, perhaps thinking he was ready for primetime, the White House unleashed Miller on the Sunday morning shows.

What I saw was not simply unconventional or weird, even, but downright disturbing and unethical. Often looking like a deer caught in the headlights, or perhaps reading from a teleprompter, with tones and vocalizations that seemed not to quite match the words coming out of his mouth, the man simply told lie after lie after lie. I would call it peculiar, but dishonesty is now the norm out of the White House. However, it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever watched - in part because it’s not actually a joke — this inexperienced bigot is crafting America’s new (failed) policies.

In evaluating his statements, independent fact-checkers repeatedly gave him four Pinocchios, the worst score a statement can receive. He lied over and over and over again — with a straight face - to the very intelligent people who were interviewing him and refused to allow him to lie without being challenged.

You must see it for yourself. It’s a frightening spectacle. And without seeing it, everything I have just told you will make far less sense. Here is a video montage of his comments. From the moment it begins, it’s as if we’ve gone into an alternate universe. It’s worse than fiction. It was just a matter of him “not being ready for primetime,” which he isn’t, but it appears that he was actually operating at maximum capacity. It’s just that his best is offensively terrible.

trump.jpg

OK. Now that you’ve seen that, if you have not yet seen Miller’s extended interview with George Stephanopoulos, it’s three of the most painful minutes my brain has ever experienced. I hate to even ask you to watch it, because it’s not fair for you to have to suffer through it, but he lies over and over and over and over again. It’s preposterous. Watch it here.

If “Saturday Night Live” created that very skit, with his actual words, tone, and behavior, it would seem like they did too much. Again, though, this is not about style — it’s about a man with a deep history of bigotry and discrimination and no credible history in making policies, now crafting policies that affect our nation, our security, and honestly have a far reaching impact on the world at large.

Shame on the 62,979,879 who voted for Donald Trump. This is pretty much what we thought we’d get from him, but seeing it in action is worse than I could’ve ever imagined.

Steven Miller is such a boss :lol:. He's what Trump wishes Spicey and Crypt Keeper Conway were. He literally has no fecks for reality and just gives a straight face like a boss while uttering bullshit for agent Orange.

Yea but just like the rest, anyone with any sense can see thru it... Smarmy fcuker too...

It's crazy, I keep having to check myself and question my perspective, whether or not this is all happening as I see it?

This is unravelling faster than I imagined.

We're at the stage that if Fox News did a segment arguing the virtues of a war with China, the President of the United States of America could well agree via twitter minutes later.

Stephen Miller is just a good example of Trump insiders who are willing to lie to gain favor with Trump. If you can follow up Trump's twitter lies with TV interviews reinforcing what Trump said, they you will be on Trump's good side, which is of course what everyone on his team wants.

Its also a bit telling that Spicer wasn't sent out, especially since Miller was talking in Spicer's room. Pretty embarrassing for Sean. Can't see him lasting much longer at this rate.

Don't call him crazy!

To the Editor - NYT:

Fevered media speculation about Donald Trump’s psychological motivations and psychiatric diagnosis has recently encouraged mental health professionals to disregard the usual ethical constraints against diagnosing public figures at a distance. They have sponsored several petitions and a Feb. 14 letter to The New York Times suggesting that Mr. Trump is incapable, on psychiatric grounds, of serving as president.

Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

His psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab. The antidote to a dystopic Trumpean dark age is political, not psychological.

ALLEN FRANCES

Coronado, Calif.

The writer, professor emeritus of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University Medical College, was chairman of the task force that wrote the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV (D.S.M.-IV).

Don't call him crazy!
Don't agree with that, at all. It read as someone starting from the position of wishing to distance the mentally ill from Donald Trump, which whilst understandable, is not how to go about diagnosis.

I say this as someone on benefits due to mental illness.

Whether or not he fits the criteria for NPD is not that relevant. His behaviour is consistently at odds with someone in sound mental health.

Again, I'm all for that, but it's the notion that Trump - who has been very public about "America first!", "worst deal ever!", "the [insert random country]'s are screwing us!", etc. - would give up pretty much the only hand America has to play in advance of a deal with Russia that has people puzzled and suspicious. It's totally out of sync with how he's claimed to want to approach all other bilateral relations on the international scene. It doesn't necessarily mean he's in the Russians' pocket - it could be coming more from Bannon's belief in an existential civilisational clash in which Russia happens to fall into the same, or a similar, camp to the US vis-a-vis Islam.

Hold on. I just realized something very important that needs answering.

Is there a dog in the White House? If not, that's a bad sign (probably to do with Bannon being the anti-Christ or summat), after all even Nixon had Checkers.

Again, I'm all for that, but it's the notion that Trump - who has been very public about "America first!", "worst deal ever!", "the [insert random country]'s are screwing us!", etc. - would give up pretty much the only hand America has to play in advance of a deal with Russia that has people puzzled and suspicious. It's totally out of sync with how he's claimed to want to approach all other bilateral relations on the international scene. It doesn't necessarily mean he's in the Russians' pocket - it could be coming more from Bannon's belief in an existential civilisational clash in which Russia happens to fall into the same, or a similar, camp to the US vis-a-vis Islam.

then when he tops it all off with talking about Obama being soft with his response to Russia.....:wenger:

I don't consider code names necessary to begin with - the guy isn't Voldemort, one can simply use his name - but I'd probably use a term that isn't associated with the suffering and deaths of millions of people. Calling him 45 is a bit childish in my eyes but at least it doesn't trivialize a disgraceful operation.
how about President Moron then?

Is there a dog in the White House? If not, that's a bad sign (probably to do with Bannon being the anti-Christ or summat), after all even Nixon had Checkers.

He has his bitches/interns there.

Does Trump count?

Status
Not open for further replies.