The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we could see his tax returns leaked in the next few weeks.

They're leaking stuff on a timing basis and the bombshell leaks will come later

The intelligence community playing Trump here? Seems like they're leaking information bit by bit, getting the WH to lie on record and then proving the lie a couple of days later.

The new info from NYT, CNN, etc. states that while there was communication, there was no evidence of collusion. They'll get the WH on record in the next few days, then release information that contradicts them i.e evidence of collusion.

US intelligence has brought down foreign governments before. It's the first time they're bringing down an actual US government. Grab your popocorn folks. It's about to get really interesting.

But now Trump’s new FCC Chairman Ajit Pai, a former Verizon attorney, is pushing to repeal the net neutrality reform by rolling back that re-classification — and he’s getting help not only from a legion of telecom lobbyists, but from civil rights groups.

In a little-noticed joint letter released last week, the NAACP, Asian Americans Advancing Justice, OCA (formerly known as the Organization for Chinese Americans), the National Urban League, and other civil rights organizations sharply criticized the “jurisdictional and classification problems that plagued the last FCC” — a reference to the legal mechanism used by the Obama administration to accomplish net neutrality.

It’s not the first time civil rights group have engaged in lobbying debates seemingly unrelated to their core missions, but in favor of their corporate donors. At a time when OCA received major funding from Southwest Airlines, the group filed a regulatory letter on behalf of the airline in support of Southwest’s bid to open flights at Houston airport. The NAACP, after receiving financial backing from Wal-Mart, helped the retail chain during its contentious bid to open stores in New York City.

Telecom issues, however, are a particular specialty. Last week’s letter was organized by the Multicultural Media, Telecom & Internet Council (MMTC), a group funded by the telecom industry that has previously encouraged civil rights groups to oppose net neutrality. MMTC in previous years reported receiving about a third of its budget from industry-sponsored events; its annual summit, which was held last week, was made possible by $100,000 sponsorships from Comcast and AT&T, as well as a $75,000 sponsorships from Charter Communications and Verizon.

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/13/naacp-trump-netneutrality/

The intelligence community playing Trump here? Seems like they're leaking information bit by bit, getting the WH to lie on record and then proving the lie a couple of days later.

The new info from NYT, CNN, etc. states that while there was communication, there was no evidence of collusion. They'll get the WH on record in the next few days, then release information that contradicts them i.e evidence of collusion.

US intelligence has brought down foreign governments before. It's the first time they're bringing down an actual US government. Grab your popocorn folks. It's about to get really interesting.

Trump's pissed off so many people along the way, there will be many others... matter of time.

Meanwhile someone high up in the Kremlin building is smiling.

If an individual cannot be bothered to fact check, or is unwilling to exercise critical thought then they can quit whining about fake news. It isn't a new thing, there has been fake news stories for decades.

Coolie?

:lol: Yu see it?
dem call mi coolie, chiney ar Brown man depending on which part ah di island mi deh. :lol:

Obviously Kellyanne isn't the biggest problem of this administration but remarkable how openly she gets some flack. :D

An anchor from a different network said Conway hasn’t been invited on the anchor's show for months, saying the viewer gets “nothing out of her” because “she constantly obfuscates and misrepresents the truth.”

“At best, Conway is low-hanging spinning fruit, sugary but empty. At worst she's an apparatchik or, as Carl Bernstein puts it, ‘a propaganda minister.’ Neither is good for the republic,” added the anchor, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “That's why I've chosen not to have her on.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/kellyanne-conway-tv-media-trump-235022

Was an utter clusterfeck so far. Interesting to see what disaster is round the corner for this administration.

Something I find very strange about tRump and his staffer's is that they make it sound like they have been in office for years.

I get that many went through the primaries, election and transition together, but thats still only 18 months and another 1 month in power. I guess that since they have been under siege from the first moment of power, 4 weeks must feel like 24 months. Conway and Spicer make comment as though there has been alot of precedent. Eg, Flynn, they talk of the lack of trust eroding .... they guy had been in the job 3 weeks, there was not enough time yet to have a pee.

How are these guys going to handle this level of emotional stress? Conway looks seriously unwell at the moment: like she has hangovers most mornings as she has to hit the bottle every night simply to cope and also suffering from sleep deprivation. I think she may require hospitalisation quite soon.

Within just 3 weeks, there are widespread reports that entire departments are overworked and demoralised. How are these guys going to feel after 4 months, let alone last 4 years!!!! As many fall by the wayside because of stress, burnout, incompetence or illegality, tRump will find it harder and harder to hire qualified people willing to work for him.

They are making it easy though since they serve up fresh shit each day without anyone having to dig or bend the facts. We all knew Trump was an ill fit for president, but i honestly did not believe it would be so much of a clusterfecck

This time not 45 or one of his allies but Russia: You can't make this stuff up ... :lol:

So, for the moment, instead of addressing the Flynn resignation the Russian foreign ministry is commenting via a phone call two well-known Russian pranksters called Vovan and Lexus made to Maxine Waters, a Democratic representative from California and former chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, who has taken strong anti-Putin positions.

The callers claimed to be Ukraine’s president. Waters, reportedly surprised, was noncommittal, then listened politely as they strung out an increasingly fanciful tale that eventually included a Russian invasion of Gabon in West Africa, and a claim, as RT reported, that Moscow had hacked the election system in the fictitious country of Limpopo, completely reversing the outcome and installing its puppet Ai Bolit as president. Since the situation there has become even “worse than in the U.S.,” the ousted president of Limpopo was considering fleeing to Ukraine, they said. The names come from well-known children’s stories in Russia.

Waters remained noncommittal and said she would ask for more information on all this. (For all she knew, her interlocutor had lost his mind, and she was looking for a polite way out of the conversation.)

But the Russian foreign ministry was gleeful. Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova tweeted: “President Ai Bolyt from Lim-Po-Po country... Russian fairytales are becoming truth. God, don’t leave America!”

Mocking a United States congresswoman and hoping to improve relationships with United States at the same time would seem a strange approach to diplomacy, unless one understands just how completely many Russians had been led to believe that the Republican administration of Donald Trump was on their side, and vice versa.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...e-russia-s-acting-like-its-dog-just-died.html

USA the ****. Having the piss taken out your country by the Russian foreign ministry on twitter. Suck it up, alt-right pricks. You did this.

The bizarre thing is that they are so twisted up with confirmation bias that they will find a positive angle to spin it in their own heads.

I liked how the prank seemed to go though, I imagine her basically "mmhmm"ing and "sure darling"ing them for the whole of it before they hang up and guffaw with each other congratulating each other on how they tricked her so bad.

As desperate as they'd have been to bring it to an end with Spicer's repeated line about it being a mere trust issue, the media really isn't going to let this one fade away without some real answers.

A new day, a new 'revelation'. Who'd have thought that shitting all over the press and your own intelligence agencies would come back to bite you in the ass. Not Trump.

The bizarre thing is that they are so twisted up with confirmation bias that they will find a positive angle to spin it in their own heads.

I liked how the prank seemed to go though, I imagine her basically "mmhmm"ing and "sure darling"ing them for the whole of it before they hang up and guffaw with each other congratulating each other on how they tricked her so bad.

Yeah, it all sounds painfully unfunny. The Russian politician yucking it up over such a lame gag is almost as embarrassing for Russia as it is for America. Almost.

Yeah, people on here don't seem too concerned by this. Obviously Trump has brought it on himself, but it looks like the CIA and whoever else have taken it into their own hands to essentially make or break this awful but democratically-elected administration. No good can come of that in the long term.

Yeah, people on here don't seem too concerned by this. Obviously Trump has brought it on himself, but it looks like the CIA and whoever else have taken it into their own hands to essentially make or break this awful but democratically-elected administration. No good can come of that in the long term.

If you believe the conspiracy theories, they did that a long time ago to a certain Dem president. This just evens the scale.

That's a very good point but desperate times call for desperate measures, surely? If the Trump administration was any less awful I'm sure they'd leave well alone. Which is a low bar for any future government.

That's a very good point but desperate times call for desperate measures, surely? If the Trump administration was any less awful I'm sure they'd leave well alone. Which is a low bar for any future government.

Trump is awful but I don't really buy the 'desperate times' idea, America isn't at war (in a significant way) or facing imminent collapse or anything. The people made a choice which now looks like is being subverted. I mean the guy hasn't been in charge for a month and it looks like this has been in the works since before the inauguration. Actions like this could ultimately play a bigger role in pushing America towards that state of crisis than Trump himself.

On the other hand if the intelligence agencies really do not trust Trump and are holding back information from him on that basis, then obviously that is a huge problem and it doesn't seem like something Trump can ultimately survive anyway.

I don't know, there doesn't seem to be any good ending here, although in the event that it does all come crashing down I'll certainly have a little "laugh at Trump!" moment, but that's more cause he's an asshole than for anything he's actually done in office yet.

Being elected does not mean being unchallenged in the period they got selected for. Neither CIA or FBI asked Flynn to initiate contact to the Russian ambassador. He did it this on he´s own so he is reaping what he sowed and the agencies job is to catch people like him breaking the law to protect the state and not necessarily the government ( It is are not the same ). If the people in the Trump administration had acted accordingly and appropriately then they would have nothing to worry about.

I actually think the American democracy will benefit from this long term as the politicians and those around them are held accountable which means people at the top need to think twice before committing serious acts that break the law or constitution ( right now it seems almost no one gives a feck as they all think they can do whatever they want, this is dangerous ). The current generation of republican senators seems morally bankrupt and this just enforce the need of the agencies to do their job and uncover what unlawfulness they commit to the public even more important.

Trump is awful but I don't really buy the 'desperate times' idea, America isn't at war (in a significant way) or facing imminent collapse or anything. The people made a choice which now looks like is being subverted. I mean the guy hasn't been in charge for a month and it looks like this has been in the works since before the inauguration. Actions like this could ultimately play a bigger role in pushing America towards that state of crisis than Trump himself.

On the other hand if the intelligence agencies really do not trust Trump and are holding back information from him on that basis, then obviously that is a huge problem and it doesn't seem like something Trump can ultimately survive anyway.

I don't know, there doesn't seem to be any good ending here, although in the event that it does all come crashing down I'll certainly have a little "laugh at Trump!" moment, but that's more cause he's an asshole than for anything he's actually done in office yet.

Not sure if serious or just trolling...

But anyway, back to the previous point - surely the intelligence agencies are taking this route because of a Congress that's put party above country? The legislative branch as a system of checks and balances is a sham at the moment because of the utter lack of shame of the GOP. Even today, Rand Paul has
come out saying that it doesn't make sense to investigate a fellow Republican. Wtf?

The CIA is sworn to protect the US and the constitution against enemies both domestic and foreign. They're just doing their job.

Will it break his electorate though if Fox and the right wing radio spin it away? I think allot depends on how his protectionist measures effect the US economy. There is some talk of some manufacturers moving back to the US. If this happens and the economy grows it could give him the boost he needs in 4 years time. As a liberal I don't want that but I think that's the reality.

Meh, they'll have been doing it for decades. The shit the CIA were pulling last century, at times with basically no government oversight was frankly ridiculous. Hell, the FBI used to keep dossiers on politicians and journalists for blackmail purposes under Hoover.

Not sure if serious or just trolling...

I don't think disagreeing with certain policies of his is a cause to celebrate this mess. The things Trump has tried to do since taking office are basically the fulfilment of promises he made during his campaign, i.e. they are the reasons people voted him in. I might disagree with some of them but if that's what Americans want then so be it, it's their country.

As for the rest, I hope you and @Red Viking are correct, I just wonder who keeps the CIA and the rest in check? How can we know for sure their motives? And what effect will wielding this kind of power have on them in the long run? These seem like important questions to me.

Meh, they'll have been doing it for decades. The shit the CIA were pulling last century, at times with basically no government oversight was frankly ridiculous. Hell, the FBI used to keep dossiers on politicians and journalists for blackmail purposes under Hoover.

Ah yeah, that's a point.

@2cents if members of the Trump administration have been potentially committing treason, who do you think should be investigating that, if not the CIA? Presumably you think somebody should be?

Was watching Fox News to see how they would cover it. They had the Intel committee chairman doing a interview where he was just moaning about who was leaking this stuff on Flynn.

He has also said he was not going to investigate Flynn's conduct :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't think disagreeing with certain policies of his is a cause to celebrate this mess. The things Trump has tried to do since taking office are basically the fulfilment of promises he made during his campaign, i.e. they are the reasons people voted him in. I might disagree with some of them but if that's what Americans want then so be it, it's their country.

As for the rest, I hope you and @Red Viking are correct, I just wonder who keeps the CIA and the rest in check? How can we know for sure their motives? And what effect will wielding this kind of power have on them in the long run? These seem like important questions to me.

Both Agencies can only bring someone down if those people have committed crimes and they have the necessary proof to prove it. If they fabricated proof then it would be a extremely serious misuse of their power and i would never in anyway support such actions regardless of who is the target. I don´t condone much of what they have done in the past especially CIA but what they do now is an entirely different matter.

You can never know for sure what peoples motives are as you can´t actually read thoughts. But they should act independently and within the law to protect the state and more importantly the people as that is their duty. They most not act upon personal preferred ideology.

They don´t actually have a lot of direct power in a sense they can do whatever they want to anyone. They can only use your own actions against you so making sure that your slate is clean and if you have no shady business going then you have nothing to worry about. I don´t care weather people are republican or democrat but bad apples most be treated the same regardless of the party they represent and this is were the republicans are failing massively currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.