The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case I'm all for fresh thinking when it comes to the jihad problem, I don't think Petraeus offers anything new there.
I might have agreed 4 month ago, but now the status-quo doesn’t look so terrible anymore.

Chris Christie is meeting Trump today. Only a matter of time imo. Although if Bannon wants Priebus gone, he won't like dealing with Christie any more than Priebus.

Isn’t Priebus the intermediary between the republicans in house and senat and the administration? Can they get rid of him without losing support from the republican party in parliament?

Are wikileaks unpopular now because they are not fitting in with certain agendas?

There never used to be an agenda. That's the issue. They were a tool for anyone and everyone to leak data. They now pick and choose what data is released to fit their own political goals.

Currently Assange is aligned with Russia and Trump so that's how WL is shaping their leaks.

I might have agreed 4 month ago, but now the status-quo doesn’t look so terrible anymore.

Isn’t Priebus the intermediary between the republicans in house and senat and the administration? Can they get rid of him without losing support from the republican party in parliament?

Priebus is very close with Ryan, they're both from Wisconsin and have known eachother for years. That said, I don't think Trump cares much about that. He probably wants more of an aggressive personality like Christie to parrot his own views rather than Priebus' calmer more moderate tone. Ultimately, if Trump isn't comfortable with someone, they aren't likely to be around for much longer. I would put Spicer in the same boat.

There never used to be an agenda. That's the issue. They were a tool for anyone and everyone to leak data. They now pick and choose what data is released to fit their own political goals.

Currently Assange is aligned with Russia and Trump so that's how WL is shaping their leaks.

Yeah I used to be completely behind wikileaks but I don't trust it at all now. It's changed from a tool to aid transparency and hold power to account into a propaganda machine and its social media team spends more time fuelling Assange's victim complex than actually leaking anything.

Priebus is very close with Ryan, they're both from Wisconsin and have known eachother for years. That said, I don't think Trump cares much about that. He probably wants more of an aggressive personality like Christie to parrot his own views rather than Priebus' calmer more moderate tone. Ultimately, if Trump isn't comfortable with someone, they aren't likely to be around for much longer. I would put Spicer in the same boat.
I don't think Christie will be pulled back into the fold - not the 1st time I've been wrong, but just can't see it atm.

I suppose you need to believe they leak what they get

I cannot see attention whores like wikileaks holding anything back as long as it will create headlines

Do you think they should not have released the Hilary emails?

You are right, but the administration needs at least one influential person, who connects them with Senat&House. Pence is doing this probably in part, but he is VP, which puts him in a difficult position. Trump might throw a tantrum, but in the end he needs the support of the party. Bannon and Trump are imo walking a fine line and they need to be careful not to overstep it. Trump won’t survive 4 years, if he alienates the party leaders. Personally I would be surprised if Priebus has to go, but it looks a bit like that.

I cannot see attention whores like wikileaks holding anything back as long as it will create headlines

I think they should have also released the GOP data.

If Wikileaks were given something big and refused to publish because of some agenda I think it would have found other medias by now.

Trump is apparently considering replacing Flynn with.. General Petraeus. You really couldn't make this shit up..

I think they should have also released the GOP data.

If Wikileaks were given something big and refused to publish because of some agenda I think it would have found other medias by now.
I'm pretty certain I read that WikiLeaks gotten their hands on GOP and/or 45 e-mails too. I agree with Pexbo. If they have e-mails from all parties, they should release all of them if they want to be taken seriously. Nobody can tell me that GOP and 45-e-mails do not contain compromising information.

I'm pretty certain I read that WikiLeaks gotten their hands on GOP and/or 45 e-mails too. I agree with Pexbo. If they have e-mails from all parties, they should release all of them if they want to be taken seriously. Nobody can tell me that GOP and 45-e-mails do not contain compromising information.

Ive no idea if they do or not

But where did you read that they have them?

This same guy would have gone to any length over the emails.
They're not even subtle. They must think we are idiots. :lol:
One thing is for sure: Chaffetz won't go to heaven but burn in hell for a very long time.

Ive no idea if they do or not

But where did you read that they have them?
I wish I would remember. It was either shortly before or after the election, and it wasn't an obscure website or somebody from the Dem campaign. Give me a bit of time to find out but I remember that I was appalled by WikiLeaks' partisanship when I read this.

If they did, and it was apparent they weren't releasing them, wouldn't the source have released them elsewhere now? NYT and the Guardian, (and of course The Intercept) have instructions to securely leak files. (Though unlike Wikileaks all 3 will redact personal info before releasing)

If they did, and it was apparent they weren't releasing them, wouldn't the source have released them elsewhere now? NYT and the Guardian, (and of course The Intercept) have instructions to securely leak files. (Though unlike Wikileaks all 3 will redact personal info before releasing)
I don't know. To release something, you need to get your hands on it, no? If WikiLeaks sits on data, I guess no media can force them to release it.

I don't know. To release something, you need to get your hands on it, no? If WikiLeaks sits on data, I guess no media can force them to release it.

I meant, Wikileaks does not have their own hackers, they have sources. If the source wanted to release it, they would have sent it to someone else if WL was sitting on it. If the source was Russia, if the source wanted to help only Trump, they would not have hacked GOP data at all (or at least they would not have given it to WL to sit on).

She looks like she hasn't slept for days and is spooning coffee granules straight from the jar.

She does seem broken. I can't imagine anyone with a shred of integrity being comfortable being asked to go on TV every day and lie on behalf of the President. That's obviously not what most of them signed up for when they took the job.

I meant, Wikileaks does not have their own hackers, they have sources. If the source wanted to release it, they would have sent it to someone else if WL was sitting on it. If the source was Russia, if the source wanted to help only Trump, they would not have hacked GOP data at all (or at least they would not have given it to WL to sit on).
Admittedly I do not remember if hackers had shared GOP / 45 hacks with WikiLeaks. (I really need to retrieve that article.) However, it would have been stupid by any hackers who wanted Agent Orange to win not to hack him or the GOP. It will be quite convenient to gently encourage 'collaboration'.

Admittedly I do not remember if hackers had shared GOP / 45 hacks with WikiLeaks. (I really need to retrieve that article.) However, it would have been stupid by any hackers who wanted Agent Orange to win not to hack him or the GOP. It will be quite convenient to gently encourage 'collaboration'.

Ya, my basic point is that anyone who had the files and wanted to release them could have done it, with or without WL.

Status
Not open for further replies.