The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same week he accidentally tweeted his own password 2 DAYS RUNNING and also tweeted to share a The Onion video mistaking their ridicule for support. The bloke is on a roll.

Quiet night in this thread, only one page added overnight. The last couple of weeks it's usually been at least four, so didn't get my usual "what's he done now?" buzz this morning.

Quiet night in this thread, only one page added overnight. The last couple of weeks it's usually been at least four, so didn't get my usual "what's he done now?" buzz this morning.

I think people are just trying to pace themselves. It can easily get very exhausting and there's four more years of this coming.

I think we've reached a point where he can do 3 things in a night that would have gotten previous presidents 6 months of furious coverage, and everyone thinks its been a fairly quiet night. I gather all he did yesterday was plan to remove white supremacists and far right terrorists from the terrorist watchlists, and make it Muslim only..

Started another twitter rant this time calling Arnie a bad governor:lol:

Haha love Schneider

Trump's posse all look (and sound) like caricatures

Guess that's why South Park won't bother with them next season (Ianucci said similar about the UK, when asked about a new series of The Thick of It IIRC)

“It’s tricky and it’s really tricky now as satire has become reality,” Parker said. “We were really trying to make fun of what was going on [last season] but we couldn’t keep up. What was actually happening was way funnier than anything we could come up with. So we decided to just back off and let [politicians] do their comedy and we’ll do ours.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/feb/02/south-park-donald-trump-mr-garrison

Why is his administration allowing him to write so much crap on twitter? I feel like we're all in a big dream that hasn't stopped yet.

Ah, lang. You're a smart person. So what's gone wrong? In the interests of suffering humanity....

Close your eyes, lang. I want you to visualize your brain as a large, dimly lit hall. At the moment you're standing in the bottom, left-hand corner of this space. Before you, you can just discern bank after bank, tier after tier of gigantic computers stretching into the darkness. Everything is very quiet, and there is a musty smell.

Now this is the tricky bit. Sticking close to the bottom wall, I want you to move slowly to your right. Be careful not to fall over anything; there's an awful lot of stuff lying around in here that's never been used.

Okay. You've reached the center. Directly in front of you is the main aisle of the langbrain, vanishing into the distance between towering racks of computer equipment on either side.

Now, prepare yourself! You must leave the safety of the Wall of Prejudice and move boldly forward.

That's it! You've never been here before, so you'll probably feel a little disoriented, even fearful. Ignore those sensations! Think of the rewards that await you at the end of the corridor!

You now see a faint light beckoning you forward in the surrounding gloom. Move towards the light, lang!

You're out of breath, battling sensations of nausea, but you stand before the source of the illumination. It proves to be a small pilot light, casting a faint, green glow on an iron box fixed to a pole in the center of the aisle. Thick ropes of cable climb upwards from the box to disappear into the lowering darkness above.

You notice writing on the box, and lean forward for a closer look. The inscription says: "For regular use."

Brushing aside the thick mesh of cobwebs which surround the container, you attempt to prize it open. It's rusted shut. Now, consumed with a kind of frenzy, you exert all your force. Every muscle in your body protests. Sweat pops into your eyes. Finally, with a groan like the announcement of the Day of Judgement, the box opens.

Eagerly, but with a strange sense of trepidation, an uncontrollable trembling in every limb, you raise yourself from the ground and inspect the box's contents.

Here too the spiders have been at work. A miasma of silken tracery fills the box. You tear the veil aside. A simple switch is revealed. Above it, a single word describes its function: "BRAIN".

The switch is set to OFF.

It is for you to write the ending of this tale.
Good stuff. I hope you're not just wasting this talent trolling people online. You're almost at the level of a Trump speechwriter.

Why is his administration allowing him to write so much crap on twitter? I feel like we're all in a big dream that hasn't stopped yet.

It is fecking insane. I mean there's a lot of shit goint on but the POTUS engaging in late night twitter rants is mental.

Politics by twitter the new world order, at least it's visible i suppose.

It's actually quite impressive when you think about it. What kind of functioning democracy makes lying a central policy? :lol:

JS89532410.jpg

This still makes me angry. It frustrates me that Politicans can lie with zero consequences. They should be held accountable and bitch slapped publicly.

How corporate dark money is taking power on both sides of the Atlantic

A secretive network of business lobbyists has long held sway in US politics. Now their allies in the UK government are planning a Brexit that plays into their hands

The Heritage Foundation is now at the heart of Trump’s administration. Its board members, fellows and staff comprise a large part of his transition team. Among them are Rebekah Mercer, who sits on Trump’s executive committee; Steven Groves and Jim Carafano (State Department); Curtis Dubay (Treasury); and Ed Meese, Paul Winfree, Russ Vought and John Gray (management and budget). CNN reports that “no other Washington institution has that kind of footprint in the transition”.

Trump’s extraordinary plan to cut federal spending by $10.5tn was drafted by the Heritage Foundation, which called it a “blueprint for a new administration”. Vought and Gray, who moved on to Trump’s team from Heritage, are now turning this blueprint into his first budget.

This will, if passed, inflict devastating cuts on healthcare, social security, legal aid, financial regulation and environmental protections; eliminate programmes to prevent violence against women, defend civil rights and fund the arts; and will privatise the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Trump, as you follow this story, begins to look less like a president and more like an intermediary, implementing an agenda that has been handed down to him.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...te-dark-money-power-atlantic-lobbyists-brexit

I find all the background lobbying quite fascinating but i stopped myself reading up on it years ago as it always leads to thinking we're all fecked. Can't recall the name but the infrastructure firm that made a fortune out of iraq and had loads of prior influence was the one where i just thought feck this.

I'm sure it happens when any party is in goverment but i trust the right a lot less.

Bowling Green Massacre :O

Seriously.

Yesterday my work colleagues told me I was "looking for things to nitpick about" when I pointed out how Trump talked about himself instead of MLK Jr, referred to Frederick Douglass in the present tense, and stated he wants to make churches into political organizations...

I can't wait to see what they say today when I ask for a charitable donation for the families of the victims of Bowling Green

JS89532410.jpg

This still makes me angry. It frustrates me that Politicans can lie with zero consequences. They should be held accountable and bitch slapped publicly.
They would be held accountable if the electorate take it upon themselves to educate themselves. Unfortunately, most people are willfully ignorant.

On a side note, my mum is 54. Conway who's just 50 looks 20 years older. Did she do something to her face?

One thing that bugged me about that, @Will Absolute ... isn't a miasma gaseous? :lol:

I poked him about the use of the word too, but alas he seemingly didn't get it. He hasn't been back since, I think he's been continuously patting himself on his back, or his celebratory wank has definitely gone tantric.

They would be held accountable if the electorate take it upon themselves to educate themselves. Unfortunately, most people are willfully ignorant.

That will never happen, we have to accept that people will not bother with research and will accept and listen to bullshit. But if there were laws in place to protect the electorate from Politicians bullshitting (be it fines/bans whatever) then surely thats a good thing for democracy? All Brexit and Trumps win has confirmed to Politicians is they can lie (wildly) and get away with it. How is that a good thing for Democracy?

Here we go, strap yourselves in folks, this is gonna be good.............

All in the last hour.........

Oh and this one..

Can I just point out all he has posted on the official POTUS account is retweets of everything he Tweets on his personal one. Which in a strange way actually undermines the official Twitter account of the President of the USA. Can you imagine the shit Obama would get If he had done the same?

That will never happen, we have to accept that people will not bother with research and will accept and listen to bullshit. But if there were laws in place to protect the electorate from Politicians bullshitting (be it fines/bans whatever) then surely thats a good thing for democracy? All Brexit and Trumps win has confirmed to Politicians is they can lie (wildly) and get away with it. How is that a good thing for Democracy?
I agree it's not a good thing. The despairing thing is that, a lot of our politicians are now adopting it because it works. We are heading down the same road as the US.:(

It is odd that Conway is aging so terribly, can only presume the lack of sleep and stress from the campaign and present job is taking a toll. Were other propagandists like Baghdad Bob and Joseph Goebbels as unfortunate (in aging not their ultimate demise)?

Here we go, strap yourselves in folks, this is gonna be good.............

All in the last hour.........

Oh and this one..

Can I just point out all he has posted on the official POTUS account is retweets of everything he Tweets on his personal one. Which in a strange way actually undermines the official Twitter account of the President of the USA. Can you imagine the shit Obama would get If he had done the same?

The president of the United States of fecking America ffs. I would expect a competition winner to be more presidential.

I agree it's not a good thing. The despairing thing is that, a lot of our politicians are now adopting it because it works. We are heading down the same road as the US.:(

Exactly, and that is something I will simply not accept. I don't mind Poiliticians having opinions, that's fine we all do. But when those opinions are presented as fact then we have problems.

Exactly, and that is something I will simply not accept. I don't mind Poiliticians having opinions, that's fine we all do. But when those opinions are presented as fact then we have problems.
The government not having any opposition even exacerbates it. The only thing that can help is if we, who know better become more politically active.

I find all the background lobbying quite fascinating but i stopped myself reading up on it years ago as it always leads to thinking we're all fecked. Can't recall the name but the infrastructure firm that made a fortune out of iraq and had loads of prior influence was the one where i just thought feck this.

I'm sure it happens when any party is in goverment but i trust the right a lot less.
If you're worried about stuff like this, never read Private Eye, you won't sleep

A very valid point made here, she IS PAID by the taxpayers, and being paid to lie too. I don't think that's how most taxpayers want their hard earned dollars to be spent. People protesting have exactly the right idea, we all need to do this to show them that it will not be tolerated. As mentioned above, the UK is fast trying to adopt the same approach and we shouldn't stand for it.

Also, the CNN article in the tweet above is actually pretty good, and well worth a read. It clears up the whole "Bowling Green massacre" bullshit.

The government not having any opposition even exacerbates it. The only thing that can help is if we, who know better become more politically active.

But Trump situation has made it very clear that even if the opposition calls out the lies, people will either: 1. Not believe it. 2. Won't care.

So you can't rely on that, it has to be a law.

It is odd that Conway is aging so terribly, can only presume the lack of sleep and stress from the campaign and present job is taking a toll. Were other propagandists like Baghdad Bob and Joseph Goebbels as unfortunate (in aging not their ultimate demise)?

Here's Goebbels in 1935 and 1945. You decide! :D

00hansGoe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.