The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what half of this means, but it seems like he knows what he’s talking about re: Flynn.

He's saying the appeal judges (two of whom were Trump appointees IIRC) are full of shit, and wants the original judge to ask for the case to be reviewed by the whole bench of 5th circuit judges (en banc review). It might actually happen too, as Sullivan is likely to be super pissed about this.

It's probably pointless though as the 5th is very conservative and Trump has stacked it even more that direction.

Elections have consequences. To sit it out because certain candidates failed your purity test, even though they are the closer to your way of thinking than the other, in a shit political system like this makes you a fool in my opinion.

He's saying the appeal judges (two of whom were Trump appointees IIRC) are full of shit, and wants the original judge to ask for the case to be reviewed by the whole bench of 5th circuit judges (en banc review). It might actually happen too, as Sullivan is likely to be super pissed about this.

It's probably pointless though as the 5th is very conservative and Trump has stacked it even more that direction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...ifth_Circuit#Current_composition_of_the_court
He's made five (about to be six) appointments and most of them are in their 40s. As much as I hate the man, he's nailed it in setting the courts up for the next couple of decades at a minimum, and, if he gets another term he can do even more damage especially knowing he's on his second term.

Elections have consequences. To sit it out because certain candidates failed your purity test, even though they are the closer to your way of thinking than the other, in a shit political system like this makes you a fool in my opinion.
This x1000. The latest Ezra Klein podcast is with a health economist, and they make the point that as much as people dislike HRC, she would have been amazing at coordinating a Covid response. Her likely pick for Chief of Staff was also coincidentally the head of the pandemic response team formed after SARS and handled Ebola.

but hey, her emails and yeah, she's just as bad as Trump am I right? Asking for 120,000 dead Americans.

Again, forget the war since it doesn't matter as much as hiring and firing DoJ people, and Respecting The Spooks, Trump's 2 biggest crimes, so here goes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair
In 2002, Plame wrote a memo to her superiors in which she expressed hesitation in recommending her husband, former diplomat Joseph C. Wilson, to the CIA for a mission to Niger to investigate claims that Iraq had arranged to purchase and import uranium from the country, but stated that he "may be in a position to assist".[4] After President George W. Bush stated that "Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" during the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Wilson published a July 2003 op-ed in The New York Times stating his doubts during the mission that any such transaction with Iraq had taken place.[5]

A week after Wilson's op-ed was published, Novak published a column which mentioned claims from "two senior administration officials" that Plame had been the one to suggest sending her husband. Novak had learned of Plame's employment, which was classified information, from State Department official Richard Armitage.[2] David Corn and others suggested that Armitage and other officials had leaked the information as political retribution for Wilson's article.

In the aftermath of the scandal, Richard Armitage in the U.S. Department of State was identified as one source of the information, and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was convicted of lying to investigators. After a failed appeal, President George W. Bush commuted Libby's sentence and in 2018, President Donald Trump pardoned him. No one was formally charged with leaking the information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismissal_of_U.S._attorneys_controversy
On December 7, 2006, the George W. Bush administration's Department of Justice ordered the unprecedented[1] midterm dismissal of seven United States Attorneys. Congressional investigations focused on whether the Department of Justice and the White House were using the U.S. Attorney positions for political advantage. Allegations were that some of the attorneys were targeted for dismissal to impede investigations of Republican politicians or that some were targeted for their failure to initiate investigations that would damage Democratic politicians or hamper Democratic-leaning voters.[2][3] The U.S. attorneys were replaced with interim appointees, under provisions in the 2005 USA PATRIOT Act reauthorization.[4][5][6][7][8]

Come back, Spiteful Sanders.

No, not really.

Well said.

You're right but i can understand why people aren't fecked with a shit political system

Last edited:
Yep. One is a glass of stale beer. Not my favourite thing, but I'd still drink it if I had to. The other one is a glass of liquid shit.

I remember being equally horrified by the actions of the W admin years ago.
Yup. Like I used Trump for some light entertainment in 2016, I used Bush for that back then.
I wonder who's next for the republicans?

Facing subpoena and calls for impeachment embattled AG Barr agrees to testify before Congress – in 5 weeks

Well, he wanted a slowdown on testing.

This will certainly mean more infection & deaths, but also give Trump an out to blame governors once this goes into effect. His logic will be that the new transmissions occurred after testing shifted to the states, thus the blame needs to be on those governors, not the federal government. This is the beginning of the ultimate federal hand washing of the problem.

The man is unhinged. The White House Twitter is even posting his bizarre rants.

This is what the next few months are going to be about isn't it? Not talking about his successes or his vision for the future of the US, but siege mentality and tin foil hat silliness. He's done, he might actually genuinely be done.

So let me get this right.....Flynn admitted lying and meeting the Russians and the Judges that Donald Plump appointed have let him off ? Is that right?
That about it . But if you take down a inanimate object you should get ten years.

The man is unhinged. The White House Twitter is even posting his bizarre rants.

This is what the next few months are going to be about isn't it? Not talking about his successes or his vision for the future of the US, but siege mentality and tin foil hat silliness. He's done, he might actually genuinely be done.

"They are looking at Jesus Christ and George Washington" :lol:

Who actually believes this stuff? Anyone who is going to vote for a second term for Trump is unbelievably stupid - there is no two ways about it.

"They are looking at Jesus Christ and George Washington" :lol:

Who actually believes this stuff? Anyone who is going to vote for a second term for Trump is unbelievably stupid - there is no two ways about it.

Well erm i mean Jesus didnt specifically condemn racism or slavery....

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

PS bad hombres from shithole countries need not apply

Maybe the biggest YouTube lawyer is suing over FOIA related to John Bolton. No idea if he will be successful.

I'm not sure how I feel about his ability as a lawyer after his gross misunderstanding of bird law when he reviewed an episode of It's Always Sunny.

I'm not sure how I feel about his ability as a lawyer after his gross misunderstanding of bird law when he reviewed an episode of It's Always Sunny.

To be fair to him, bird law is rarely followed. Just look at all the illegal migration (especially from Canada) followed by squatting on someone elses property and then having anchor babies. This is the issue Trump should be tackling. Birds have no respect for borders or national sovereignty!

Yeah, his Tweets were seriously missing the point that day.

ohyou.jpg

"Now it reads. No vacancy"

Status
Not open for further replies.