The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just itching to write that nobody thanks him.

Very quick though to give drug companies a bunch of money to be first to receive any vaccines or cures, in case any were developed. It's almost as if someone could benefit from it in another way.
Similar to how the White House awards a government contract to produce N95 masks is given to a company with no expertise in that, no employees and had filed for bankrupty last year. https://www.propublica.org/article/...s-contract-to-a-company-that-never-had-to-bid
And ofcourse they failed https://www.businessinsider.com/fema-paid-bankrupt-company-no-employees-55-million-n95-masks-2020-4

From the Bolton book, about striking Iran. Is he trying to make Trump look like a human being, and a sympathetic figure who sees human beings beyond his borders? Because he succeeded.

ZEezdvX.png
Remarkable. Bolton is such a scumbird he managed to make Trump look good.

"Four more years...Four more Years.." is that Trumps rallying cry, or.... is that Joe Biden's lament if he loses?

If you stop all the testing then no people die of Covid. I can't believe he hasn't realised he could've saved 100,000 lives by just inhibiting testing altogether. He's not as smart as I thought he was.
He should to rename it Schrodinger 's Virus after all if you don't test people have they died of the Corona Virus.

What is it with him and threatening people with force?
He's rapidly 'running out of bullets', perhaps, and is raging at the fact. Alternatively, his words suggest a pathetically sadistic sexual mindset. Or, finally, he's the coward who longs to be a tough guy.

The banning of visas for high-skilled workers might have interesting consequences for the long-term future of US' science and technology. If it stands (aka, Biden does not win), it might shift the center of science/technology to Europe/China quite soon.

Most suicidal decision a country can make.

The banning of visas for high-skilled workers might have interesting consequences for the long-term future of US' science and technology. If it stands (aka, Biden does not win), it might shift the center of science/technology to Europe/China quite soon.

Remember Canada too. Talking to friends who did grad programs in engineering at top US schools, its amazing how nearly all of their peers there were foreigners. Dunno why, but Americans just aren't going down these paths in large numbers.

I'm also caught up in this personally, not that I'm going to claim to be relevant to science and technology. But my absence will seriously hurt the recovery of NYC restaurants and bars :p.

Isn't it a temporary suspension though?

He's desperate to make out that Seattle is the kind of Mad Max-style wasteland one reads about in The Stand.

McEnany defending the use of the term Kung Flu are these people going to be employable after this farce is over?

I really hope for this hellspawn lady that she is mistaken in her belief that there is a God, because feck me, will she burn for all eternity if that dude is actually up there.

I really hoped that we'd seen the last of the 'What the President really meant to say was ----------' type of press spokesperson...

Isn't it a temporary suspension though?
At least until the end of the year. If Trump wins, I expect him to extend it indefinitely. I also expect the big tech companies to do most of the hiring in their European offices, and top European universities to massively benefit from this.
Remember Canada too. Talking to friends who did grad programs in engineering at top US schools, its amazing how nearly all of their peers there were foreigners. Dunno why, but Americans just aren't going down these paths in large numbers.

I'm also caught up in this personally, not that I'm going to claim to be relevant to science and technology. But my absence will seriously hurt the recovery of NYC restaurants and bars :p.
Yep. While the US produces more quality research than any other country *, most of those people are or have been in immigrant visas. It is not that Americans are bad at science, more than top universities/companies try to get the best, and the world is a bit bigger than the US.

Also caught in this personally. I was planning to stay until mid-September (if not the end of November based on some other things), but I will need to probably leave in a couple of weeks. Oh well, it was becoming boring staying at home all day long. :)

* Talking mostly about my field (AI). Not sure how things go in other fields. Also, I work in one of the big tech companies, and the vast majority were not Americans.

And he's off (his head):
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · 11h

Washed up Creepster John Bolton is a lowlife who should be in jail, money seized, for disseminating, for profit, highly Classified information. Remember what they did to the young submarine sailor, but did nothing to Crooked Hillary. I ended up pardoning him - It wasn’t fair!

I assumed he'd been watching Das Boot.

'Phoney Fake News Nick is losing it - he can't even read anymore! #VoteMe2020'

:lol: :lol:

Trump Merch Co said:
If YOU want to help President Trump defeat black radical leftie commie democrat Fake News Nick, buy this official 'Sick Nick' baseball cap, made in the USA by people in China. Only £3000000!

And he's off (his head):

So, should John Bolton and Hillary Clinton be in jail for disseminating highly classified information in order that they may be pardoned by President Trump? I'm trying to follow the logic here but to no avail.

What obvious shysters they are. Those red caps might as well have 'I'm a sucker' printed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.