The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy in this video said everyone knew that people were trolling the Trump admin with fake ticket requests etc and that there were TikTok or twitter or whatever else videos floating around.. did any of you folks here know this was happening? Any videos that you can share about this trolling effort?
I remember seeing a couple of twitter posts here about that at the same time Trump campaign team were boasting of having 100k+ reservations etc etc. But I didn't really think much about that at the time but it makes sense now.

I remember seeing a couple of twitter posts here about that at the same time Trump campaign team were boasting of having 100k+ reservations etc etc. But I didn't really think much about that at the time but it makes sense now.

Part of me thinks there's "resistance rebels" among trump team. Probably they've had enough and play along with this shenagigans.

It's not like having common sense and actually speaking up leads you anywhere there. You'll be fired on the spot and probably got dicked around if you're not singing the same tune.

The guy in this video said everyone knew that people were trolling the Trump admin with fake ticket requests etc and that there were TikTok or twitter or whatever else videos floating around.. did any of you folks here know this was happening? Any videos that you can share about this trolling effort?
I posted a tweet about a version of the trolling earlier in this thread, it had to do with using certain cellphone numbers to sign up for tickets.

It wasn’t national news, but it was moderately well known that efforts were afoot to screw with the rally by trolling.

Yes it was quite well known, this link is a report saying K-pop online groups were getting involved from June 17th

https://www.insider.com/tiktok-users-trolling-trump-requesting-tickets-to-his-rally-2020-6

CNN wrote about it as well before the event and that was featured on this YT vid

I can't decide if the Biden campaign is genius or plain old lucky right now, he's doing absolute zilch and letting Trump self destruct. Even their campaign ads are recycling footage of Trump talking into a mic.

fecking disgusting, especially given that it could surely only have been someone from within the sport, as fans don’t have access to those areas?

Also from further down that article:

But outside the track on Sunday, vehicles waving and flying Confederate flags lined the boulevard running past the massive speedway, and a plane flew above the track pulling a banner of the Confederate flag that said, "Defund NASCAR."

fecking rednecks.

I can't decide if the Biden campaign is genius or plain old lucky right now, he's doing absolute zilch and letting Trump self destruct. Even their campaign ads are recycling footage of Trump talking into a mic.

It’s more good fortune than anything else. Neither of them can campaign at the moment, which works out very nicely in favor of Biden. The fact that the COVID situation will probably linger for another couple of months at least, means Trump may not have time to turn things around in the remaining two months before Election Day - especially with early voting.

I never thought seeing a photo of someone looking downtrodden would make me so happy, but there you go

Delicious if true just how much it may have fecked with their campaign data.

If remotely true Im expecting Tick Tok... the CHINESE app is being used by ANTIFA and the dems to undermine the election
Many people say we should consider those who use this weaponised app as enemy combatants andsend them to Gitmo to be waterboard into admitting they are working to overthrow your democratically and bestest ever president
But Im a nice man - many say im the nicest and possibly even to nice but i am nice so so am only going to make tick tok illegal and having the app on a phone or doing the dances will be punishable with removal of voting rights and 4 years hard labour building the wall in mexico - which mexico are totally paying for biggly let me tell you.

It’s more good fortune than anything else. Neither of them can campaign at the moment, which works out very nicely in favor of Biden. The fact that the COVID situation will probably linger for another couple of months at least, means Trump may not have time to turn things around in the remaining two months before Election Day - especially with early voting.

It also takes away the possibility of Biden's gaffes being dissected relentlessly. They can only hope Uncle Joe has a couple of good debate performances in him even if it is at the 2012 VP debate level.

It also takes away the possibility of Biden's gaffes being dissected relentlessly. They can only hope Uncle Joe has a couple of good debate performances in him even if it is at the 2012 VP debate level.

True - although I think his gaffes are a bit overplayed in terms of their relevance, especially when juxtaposed against who he's running against.

I really hope that if Trump is given the boot in November that investigations are immediately launched into Barr’s corruption.

He’s acting as Trumps personal fixer.

Don't know why he's worried - he'll be fine as long as the masses who attended his inauguration vote for him.

I really hope that if Trump is given the boot in November that investigations are immediately launched into Barr’s corruption.

He’s acting as Trumps personal fixer.

If there's a Dem President and Dem Senate, they will almost certainly go after both Trump and Barr for all the crap they covered up during his term.

If there's a Dem President and Dem Senate, they will almost certainly go after both Trump and Barr for all the crap they covered up during his term.
I'm not sure that they will, mate. Institutional officials have a bad habit of 'protecting the office from disrepute' by not prosecuting...those who bring it into disrepute.

I very much doubt that even if they take full control they’ll go after Trump.

They don’t have the backbone for it.

I'm not sure that they will, mate. Institutional officials have a bad habit of 'protecting the office from disrepute' by not prosecuting...those who bring it into disrepute.

True but both will be private citizens at that point and we have never seen levels of corruption as we have under Trump. Both will have massive targets on their backs.

Besides, the Dems would probably envisage year after year of similar retaliation.

Re: the post above ~
It's ridiculous that any effort on the Dems' part would likely be viewed as mere spite.

Besides, the Dems would probably envisage year after year of similar retaliation.
I can already hear Biden talking about “a new era of bipartisanship” and “drawing a line under prior transgressions and looking to the future” blah blah blah.

Roughly translating to “if we do this now they might do it back to us later”.

I can already hear Biden talking about “a new era of bipartisanship” and “drawing a line under prior transgressions and looking to the future” blah blah blah.
Gawd. :(

Hopefully the Dems would just let the SDNY and the other dozen-odd investigations into Trump run their course.

Sucks taking the high road, but a Democratic president needs to work to re-unite the States, rather than just seek retribution for the disaster that is the GOP.

Probably, but its dumb though. The Republicans are ALREADY launching investigations into Dems any chance they get and have been for years. Meanwhile on the GOP side the same crooks keep getting allowed to walk away (not that they ever walk that far), and continue to poison politics for decades. Democrats need to stop dicking around and start sending criminals to jail. Being worried about political retaliation is a really crappy excuse for letting criminals walk free. The public are also generally pretty fine with people proven guilty in a court of law actually going to jail, much that politicians would like to pretend that their wrongdoing is somehow a protected activity.

Probably, but its dumb though. The Republicans are ALREADY launching investigations into Dems any chance they get and have been for years. Meanwhile on the GOP side the same crooks keep getting allowed to walk away (not that they ever walk that far), and continue to poison politics for decades. Democrats need to stop dicking around and start sending criminals to jail. Being worried about political retaliation is a really crappy excuse for letting criminals walk free. The public are also generally pretty fine with people proven guilty in a court of law actually going to jail, much that politicians would like to pretend that their wrongdoing is somehow a protected activity.
Obviously, there a number of reasons why the Dems (and Labour) don't take a more proactive course. I don't think that it's worked out for them though.

Obviously, there a number of reasons why the Dems (and Labour) don't take a more proactive course. I don't think that it's worked out for them though.

To be fair to them there's also a desire when a new President comes in to carry out their own policy agenda, and usually the window for achieving big change is fairly small. If they spend their honeymoon period mired in criminal investigations then it doesn't leave much room for achieving other things.

True. It's a missed chance to, perhaps, almost end executive criminality though, and is therefore a pity.

True. It's a missed chance to, perhaps, almost end executive criminality though, and is therefore a pity.

Yeah. I'd love a president to come in who didn't have some huge policy agenda other than to genuinely clean up the place. It's not exactly a glamorous platform to run on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.