The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
6rQBGer.jpg

Looks like they've completely given up on the COVID-19 precautions especially after the Pence tweet. These round tables are just Trump surrounding himself with drones sucking him off.

I don't understand how any black person could align themselves with Trump and the GOP. Apparently they're making good progress in beating the virus?

That's exactly what his base wants to hear. "You can't say anything anymore these days without being labelled a racist!"

What the actual feck? Seriously, where do they drag these feckers up from? This may be the biggest load of shit I have ever heard, and that's saying something given Trump's record.

So now you can't call racists, racist?

feck off Donald.

Each time I see him speak I can’t believe he’s president.
He always knows something very well, he knows Chicago very well, it’s great, great people, somethings always great, and then it’s easy, get on the path it’s gonna be easy, quick and easy; and he talks in that ridiculous tone to top off his bullshit.

Never heard of Raynard Jackson, or at minimum I simply do not remember him despite him having been in Republican circles for years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ynard-jackson-white-house-today-a9559741.html
Trump fails to correct Republican consultant who accused cable hosts of killing more black people than KKK
GOP consultant falsely says cable hosts guilty of 'killing more black folks than any white person with a sheet ever their face'

--He also contended, without any evidence, that Mr Lemon and Ms Reid are guilty of "killing more black folks than any white person with a sheet ever their face."--

Never heard of Raynard Jackson, or at minimum I simply do not remember him despite him having been in Republican circles for years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ynard-jackson-white-house-today-a9559741.html
Trump fails to correct Republican consultant who accused cable hosts of killing more black people than KKK
GOP consultant falsely says cable hosts guilty of 'killing more black folks than any white person with a sheet ever their face'

--He also contended, without any evidence, that Mr Lemon and Ms Reid are guilty of "killing more black folks than any white person with a sheet ever their face."--

''Only the best people'' he claims.

I posted the video a few posts up. It's shocking tbh. Trump nods in agreement. It's pure insanity.

What the actual feck? Seriously, where do they drag these feckers up from? This may be the biggest load of shit I have ever heard, and that's saying something given Trump's record.

This can't be real, how the feck is this real. It's beyond fecking parody. This is like the North Koreans being forced to wave those little flags when they see Kim Jong Un. We're such a stupid species.

This can't be real, how the feck is this real. It's beyond fecking parody. This is like the North Koreans being forced to wave those little flags when they see Kim Jong Un. We're such a stupid species.

Finally the west has a taste of American Attitutde

This is what they've been doing all across the 3rd world and other non western countries, shoving their boots towards people throat being backed by muscles behind them. The only reason the west keep on trying to swallow this abominations is because they're superpower. If you feck with us you can choose bombs or sanctions, and there's nobody's gonna speak up for you.

WSJ aside, "Tells it like it is" is such a crap excuse to vote for someone since Trump doesn't deal with reality. "Tells it like he think it is, but can't provide any proof to back up his claims" feels better suited.
I'd argue that a lot of Americans aren't really dealing with reality to be fair. "The world's greatest country" and " the American dream" was true once, but that era is long gone. Both those sayings seem to still stick around though.

So Trump's solution to ending racism is putting a stop to calling people racist. This is now literally that South Park episode where Randy plays wheel of fortune and successfully campaigns to ban the word N-word guy.

It would be funny, but it's not, because it's real.

I'd argue that a lot of Americans aren't really dealing with reality to be fair. "The world's greatest country" and " the American dream" was true once, but that era is long gone. Both those sayings seem to still stick around though.

This was probably true when Americans could lynch black people without the public outcry right? Those must be the times you are referring to when you say "was once true"? :wenger:

A professor in Norway said in the news today that people here should stop using the word "indianer (same as Indian I guess)" about the original population in the US. Is this the same as the N-word?

I remember as a kid we used to play "indian and cowboy". There was never any thought about racism, I for my self liked to be an Indian as I liked them and their culture and it was more fun to use a bow.

But maybe some from the US can enlighten me here, this was new to me. Is that word interpreted as something with the oppression and namegiving from when the europeans came and almost eradicated the "original people" over there?

Also, are they demonstrating? They must be one of the most oppressed people I know of, they lost it all.

A professor in Norway said in the news today that people here should stop using the word "indianer (same as Indian I guess)" about the original population in the US. Is this the same as the N-word?

I remember as a kid we used to play "indian and cowboy". There was never any thought about racism, I for my self liked to be an Indian as I liked them and their culture and it was more fun to use a bow.

But maybe some from the US can enlighten me here, this was new to me. Is that word interpreted as something with the oppression and namegiving from when the europeans came and almost eradicated the "original people" over there?

Also, are they demonstrating? They must be one of the most oppressed people I know of, they lost it all.

I may be wrong but I think First Nations is used. Although the Bureau of Indian Affairs still exists in the Federal Government.

I may be wrong but I think First Nations is used. Although the Bureau of Indian Affairs still exists in the Federal Government.

So from a "First nations" pov, that word is not appreciated? Or is it ok to use? If not, then strange that a bureau still has that name.

So from a "First nations" pov, that word is not appreciated? Or is it ok to use? If not, then strange that a bureau still has that name.

I think it best to ask the people in question how they like to be referred to. I think you'll get different answers from different people. I remember getting in 'trouble' referring to 'oriental' when I came to California. Apparently that's a no-no, or at least it was with the person I was talking with.

Red Indians (or Redskins) is classes as being offensive and insensitive by many. I think Native American is the accepted term.

Yeah First Nation is what I understand to be correct. Although on the official US Coronavirus records it's Navajo Nation.

Last edited:
Are you sure you want to say that he thinks it was great to lynch black people?

Nope, not saying that at all. I'm asking him to assess his statement that America may have once been the "world's greatest country". When?

Indian is fine, although Native American is preferred to avoid confusion with East Indians. First nations also works.

I think it best to ask the people in question how they like to be referred to. I think you'll get different answers from different people. I remember getting in 'trouble' referring to 'oriental' when I came to California. Apparently that's a no-no, or at least it was with the person I was talking with.
Orientals is a very, very outdated pejorative term to describe east asians.

Personally I think people are going overboard with the semantics, because cynically speaking that's about the only thing they can conjure up as a make up to cover the more dividing racism in the society

It's never about what word you use to hurt the other race, it's always about intent and context. As an example, the Amy Cooper Karen we saw on video doesn't use derogatory word, she used "African American" the correct and polite form and how it should be used, and how it's taught to describe a black man, but there's no doubt what she says contains pure racist intention.

It's never about the word, it's never about what culture is racist, what color is racist, what song is racist, those are gimmicks. English isn't my first language so I think some of what I'm trying to say is lost in translation. When I was small we call each other racist slur as "tiko/cina" towards one another but we remain the bestest of buddies until today. You don't need racist word to hurt and show racism, it's always about the context.

The problem in my opinion is that the PC culture brush up all the small fire or racism with a blanket of gimmicks that doesn't actually solve the underlying issue. People from all sides are told they're wrong, are being e-crucified, instead of being taught that what they did is wrong. It's like you send a predator team to hunt, kill and eliminate every terrorist, you ended up creating more terrorist for every terrorist you killed.

When people are crucified for using the N word, they won't use that word, but they'll still hate Blacks. Because they're not actually told and educated on why you should maintain racial harmony but simply told the end game of "You're racist, we demand you're fired/cancelled/removed"

Eliminating real racism should start from the roots of the problem, the hate for one particular race which normally and ussually grows from misinformation, scapegoating, systematical racism, politics, divide and conquer etc. If any racist reading this, reflect on yourself why you hate "certain race" and make a list, see how many of that is fickle imagination that's usually based on false narratives and stigma / stereotyping from the old days.

For me banning "X" words, changing "Y" words is like whack a mole, people can always comes up with new derogatory words. You need to change the mindset behind racist, not limiting what words they can use.

Indian is fine, although Native American is preferred to avoid confusion with East Indians. First nations also works.

Orientals is a very, very outdated pejorative term to describe east asians.

Is the word completely outlawed though? I don't think it is. I was talking about gangs and she corrected me to Asian gangs which confused me because I thought that meant from the Sub-Continent, being English.

I also really pissed off somebody recently because I was talking about 'third-world' countries. apparently that's a big no-no now.

Didn't the term appear because the explorers back then thought they had sailed to India? Or something like that.

Is the word completely outlawed though? I don't think it is. I was talking about gangs and she corrected me to Asian gangs which confused me because I thought that meant from the Sub-Continent, being English.

I also really pissed off somebody recently because I was talking about 'third-world' countries. apparently that's a big no-no now.
No, and it's not offensive to everyone, it's just a term they've been trying to move away from for decades. First i've heard about third world countries pissing someone off though.. you weren't ranting about them were you?:p

No, and it's not offensive to everyone, it's just a term they've been trying to move away from for decades. First i've heard about third world countries pissing someone off though.. you weren't ranting about them were you?:p

No I was trying to impress a woman with my knowledge but she kept frowning at me. Developing nations or something, I think she said.

The term Indian mostly seems dumb and lazy to me. Didn't Columbus land there and thought, ah we're in India. "Indians proceed to tell them, uh, nope this is not India". Well, feck it, Indians it is.

This is probably a grossly simplified version of event (or untrue all together), but I'm sure someone can educate me on this,

This was probably true when Americans could lynch black people without the public outcry right? Those must be the times you are referring to when you say "was once true"? :wenger:
Well, I didn't consider that to be honest, and I admit that there might be too many dark moments in US history to ever justify the phrase world's greatest country. I was referring to the time period when the US was the go to country for anyone who wanted to start from fresh and had the opportunity to create a good life. I was thinking about the massive waves of immigration starting in the late 1800s. I'm aware that many of those waves had to handle a lot of discrimination as they arrived as well.

Well, I didn't consider that to be honest, and I admit that there might be too many dark moments in US history to ever justify the phrase world's greatest country. I was referring to the time period when the US was the go to country for anyone who wanted to start from fresh and had the opportunity to create a good life. I was thinking about the massive waves of immigration starting in the late 1800s. I'm aware that many of those waves had to handle a lot of discrimination as they arrived as well.

It wasnt easy back then too, it's not like those immigrants are loved and welcomed. But as everywhere else in the world those things are understandable given the situation.

But the Americans treatment towards blacks is on a different level of cruelness.

No I was trying to impress a woman with my knowledge but she kept frowning at me. Developing nations or something, I think she said.

Next time just ask if she's aware that Ireland, Sweden and Switzerland are all third world countries, then adopt a worldly expression, gaze at her manfully and ask if she'd like to see your developing regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.