The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody explain to me again why Americans believe that impeaching a corrupt President would be harmful to the country and would affect his ability to govern? What the hell is a Vice President for?

Why is political posturing involved when it should purely be based on the fact that a person in office has committed a crime and should be held accountable regardless of his affiliation.

I don't understand why the Senate would defend a corrupt President just because he is one of theirs? Surely their first priority should be towards the Constitution and the American people?

Politics is tribal, especially right now and they're all corrupt themselves in protecting Trump. Bought and sold by their donors.

One page back there’s a video of 15,000 people giving an ex president a standing ovation at a sports game.

The country is weird as all hell. They treat their head of state like a deity.
They haven’t got much common sense where politics is concerned and it’s going to take a lot of kicking their heads to get a little bit of sense lodged in there.

Can somebody explain to me again why Americans believe that impeaching a corrupt President would be harmful to the country and would affect his ability to govern? What the hell is a Vice President for?

Why is political posturing involved when it should purely be based on the fact that a person in office has committed a crime and should be held accountable regardless of his affiliation.

I don't understand why the Senate would defend a corrupt President just because he is one of theirs? Surely their first priority should be towards the Constitution and the American people?
the American constitution was written by upper class slave owners and has always been a choose your own adventure deal depending on who controlled the supreme court, it has never been about prioritising people outside the upper classes

The senate was devised to ensure that small states that can only function though gross human rights abuses get an equal say to metropolises where most of the people actually live, it has never been about prioritising the people, it has always been about prioritising business interests, the first was were was slave owners

the US political system is solely built to protect the upper classes and expecting anything else is foolish

On Sunday, the president fired off a series of enraged tweets as he headed for a second day of golf at his course in Sterling, Virginia. Lamenting what he called “another false report in the Failing New York Times”, he wrote: “If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible, & a National Holiday would be immediately declared.

If Obama made the deals that I have made both at the Border and for the Economy, a National Holiday would be declared. With me, our recordsetting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!”

I guess it makes a change from merely running in to schools to save the victims of the gun sales he champions.

On Sunday, the president fired off a series of enraged tweets as he headed for a second day of golf at his course in Sterling, Virginia. Lamenting what he called “another false report in the Failing New York Times”, he wrote: “If President Obama made the deals that I have made, both at the Border and for the Economy, the Corrupt Media would be hailing them as Incredible, & a National Holiday would be immediately declared.

If Obama made the deals that I have made both at the Border and for the Economy, a National Holiday would be declared. With me, our recordsetting Economy and all that I have done, no credit!”

Does Trump think that the press have the authority to create a new national holiday rather than the government? Surely if he thinks his work deserves one, he would be the one to create a new holiday?

Or is it just that he's talking out of his arse as per?

(Reuters) - An 11-year-old boy managed to hack into a replica of Florida’s election results website in 10 minutes and change names and tallies during a hackers convention, organizers said, stoking concerns about security ahead of nationwide votes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ebsite-in-minutes-at-convention-idUSKBN1KZ0O2

Best of luck for 2020. In theory if you get 80% of the population voting for the Dems it could be changed to 80% voting for Reps. No point rushing out to vote unless the voting systems are tamper-proof.

Montego Bay
Seen, I been in trelawny just over a week. Something you said about politics over here did cross my mind while listening to political debate. Very tribal!

Last edited:
ààa13aaa1a1332
Seen, I been in trelawny just over a week. Something you said about politics over here did cross my mind while listening to political debate. Very tribal!
Yes it's weird, you born and grow up supporting a political party mostly because of where you live and just what you're told to do. Has nothing to do with party ideology or anything like that. They are both Conservative and usually agree for the most part on policy :lol:. It's completely different to USA politics

Yes it's weird, you born and grow up supporting a political party mostly because of where you live and just what you're told to do. Has nothing to do with party ideology or anything like that. They are both Conservative and usually agree for the most part on policy :lol:. It's completely different to USA politics
Eye opener. Man dem a tell me bout fight bruck out over which party :lol:

I asked my mother in law whether she believes the sick should get to be seen by a doctor for free. Yes
Should the poor get food stamps. Yes Rebecca does.
What about a subsidy on a house or an apartment if you can't make the rent even though you're working full time. Yes

I said then you're a Democrat. No I'll never vote for them. I'm a republican. That's what we're dealing with

I asked my mother in law whether she believes the sick should get to be seen by a doctor for free. Yes
Should the poor get food stamps. Yes Rebecca does.
What about a subsidy on a house or an apartment if you can't make the rent even though you're working full time. Yes

I said then you're a Democrat. No I'll never vote for them. I'm a republican. That's what we're dealing with
These are the people that were shocked when they found out Liberace was gay. If it doesn't come from their preferred news source then it doesn't exist.

Luckily I wasn't indoctrinated into supporting a party but when I realised that there was little difference between the two when older...Mind blown.

Until the baby boomers depart this earth there wont be a significant chance in party voting unfortunately, old people are for the most part stuck in their ways where they see being racist is fine, tattoos are the devils work and healthcare should be earned not given, all crazy whackadoo policies they mostly grow up on.

Does Trump think that the press have the authority to create a new national holiday rather than the government? Surely if he thinks his work deserves one, he would be the one to create a new holiday?

Or is it just that he's talking out of his arse as per?
He’s throwing it out there to see the reaction. A sort of precursor to authorising a National Trump day if you will. It’s in his head now and he won’t rest until he gets a National holiday to recognise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.