The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Democrats have already failed. Congress has already failed. If the role of Congress is oversight, what the feck is the point then? I don't know how this is not corruption.

I really think the dems have played this badly, which is surprising given how highly regarded Pelosi is.

Even if you don't love it, you do your job. Her job is to impeach Trump, that is the only constitutional tool appropriate in this situation.

I really think the dems have played this badly, which is surprising given how highly regarded Pelosi is.

Even if you don't love it, you do your job. Her job is to impeach Trump, that is the only constitutional tool appropriate in this situation.
That's my point. If Trump is a criminal, which she says he is, political calculations shouldn't matter. Impeach him.

The Democrats have already failed. Congress has already failed. If the role of Congress is oversight, what the feck is the point then? I don't know how this is not corruption.

They are already setting up the next failure with Biden. If he runs for president they might as well hand Trump another 4 years on a golden platter. They are setting them up to lose bigly.

I don't know much about the American constitution but this is ridiculous. The president is basically above the law of he chooses to be.

That's not new. It happened the moment Ford pardoned Nixon.

That's why if they are going to impeach they want to take Pence down too. And rightly so.

Ford wasn't corrupt, he just wanted to close the chapter on Watergate and get on with his job. But pardoning Nixon meant he as President put himself above the law, and meant a former President can be protected by the political presence he leaves behind.

That's not new. It happened the moment Ford pardoned Nixon.

That's why if they are going to impeach they want to take Pence down too. And rightly so.

They have nothing on Pence though, Team Trump never let Pence into even the outer circle so its doubtful Pence had any clue what was going on.

I didn't ghost anyone. This needs to a combing of everyone.

Anyone that lives here needs to stand up

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

A symbol of hope, freedom and democracy, the Statue of Liberty sits on Liberty Island in New York Harbor. ... Some say the seven spikesrepresent the seven seas and seven continents of the world, others say they represent the rays of the sun and show that Lady Liberty is divine.

To be fair, like 3m more people voted for the other option.

But the fact that he's continuing to maintain a level of support is the most depressing part.

Status
Not open for further replies.