The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fascinating personally. He's a living embodiment of the rejection of objective truth. The media portray it as him tearing down that pillar of modern society, but I think it's much more a case of him exposing the erosion of it in wider society. He himself rejects it but he also clearly recognises huge portions of the population do too. Exposing that is ultimately good for society I think. It hasn't quite led to a constructive discussion but I think it will.

I agree it's fascinating. I keep reading on Twitter that "this is not America" whenever the latest outrage or lie is being perpetuated but the truth is it is, at this present time, America (or at least enough if it for this to be happening) Ultimately good will come from this we hope but I fear for the USA, and the world, that there is far more damage to come. It's extraordinary, and hugely depressing, to think that this man could actually be reelected.

Have sympathy for Trump on Chinese tariffs. They make their market notoriously difficult to enter. They really have no leg to stand on.

Bit rich coming from the Chinese to be honest. This criticism of building walls..

That's a weird way of thinking, I presume you are talking about the great wall of China.

How about this, next time the US or Germany speaks about human rights or genocide, would you say, a bit rich coming form the US or Germany, pointing at what black people/native Americans and jews suffered at the hand of the two countries?

Sadly the aftermath will only be felt long after he's gone... or reelected...
The problem for America is virtually every OECD country will now place tariffs on their goods. Fighting a battle on one front is tough, fighting on multiple fronts is virtually unwinnable. This is a game of chicken.

The way to resolve imbalances however is to negotiate, not start a trade war.
Don't disagree. Debatable how well negotiations would have worked but this will certainly not. Especially as he's started with so many countries at the same time.

That's a weird way of thinking, I presume you are talking about the great wall of China.

How about this, next time the US or Germany speaks about human rights or genocide, would you say, a bit rich coming form the US or Germany, pointing at what black people/native Americans and jews suffered at the hand of the two countries?
It was supposed to be a badum tss joke.

Guess it wasn’t funny:(

It was supposed to be a badum tss joke.

Guess it wasn’t funny:(

Haha, sorry, i'm not familiar with who thinks what in here, i would have got the joke if i knew more about your posts history in here. My bad!

Miller carries the remarkable distinction of having a face that remains distinctly punchable
in a GoP field overflowing with punchable faces.

I see no hope now...whatever Mueller comes up with, they will not impeach him. His base support does not care about facts, it's all about emotions with them. Reps would rather take their chances in the midterms.

I see no hope now...whatever Mueller comes up with, they will not impeach him. His base support does not care about facts, it's all about emotions with them. Reps would rather take their chances in the midterms.

Its why the midterms are going to be so crucial.

I don’t believe any one is inherently evil. We all at least think what we do is the right thing. Stephen Miller is one of those people that shakes this believe to its core.

Everything about him just reeks of malevolance. His ideas, his past, but mostly that face with the hollow, dead eyes. It’s guy like him that make this precidency so dangerous. Trump himself is just a dumb kid in a toy store. It’s calculating white supremacist nazi’s like Miller that see their chance to exploit this.

Last edited:
I don’t believe any one is inherently evil. We all at least think what we donis the right thing. Stephen Miller is one of those people that shakes this believe to it’s core.

Everything about him just reeks of malevolance. His ideas, his past, but mostly that face with the hollow, dead eyes. It’s guy like him that make this precidency so dangerous. Trump himself is just a dumb kid in a toy store. It’s calculating white supremacist nazi’s like Miller that see their chance to exploit this.

Agreed. He would look entirely at home in an SS uniform. Trump's Himmler.

I don’t believe any one is inherently evil. We all at least think what we do is the right thing. Stephen Miller is one of those people that shakes this believe to its core.

He’s certainly the Himmler figure, but it’s important that we don’t forget Trump’s own malignance. He’s not a dumb kid in a toy store, he’s the same guy who used to refuse housing to black people. The same guy who used to trick his friends wives into bed. The same guy who demeaned and emotionally tortured every human who crossed his path, often for no reason other than his own joy at their misery.

Trump is filth. Absolutely twisted, vile garbage. It’s important we don’t forget that, just because he’s surrounded himself with other evil people.

great idea - but I reckon will be hit with a pellet gun in seconds of going up.

More than likely the 'pellets' will miss the balloon and fatally hit the temples of the people coordinating this event. Israeli expertise will be used to achieve this of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.