The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

images

A lot of silence on the record deficit though.
Funny how the unemployment numbers were fake news until Jan 19, 2017 but at least now we can say with certainty that the numbers are correct.

Today, we also know the deficit numbers are fake statistics made up by the Deep State to scare the people about the big, beautiful tax cuts.

When he resigns he will claim it's because he has done more work than all previous presidents combined , and there is nothing more to be done.

When he resigns he will claim it's because he has done more work than all previous presidents combined , and there is nothing more to be done.

When he resigns his biggest task will be claiming his innocence.

Spency will pardon him.

Yep, most likely.

Although in a weird way, I think he'll enjoy that less than any legal challenge he has to ensue. A pardon will basically result in people no longer really caring about him, and his tenure in charge being regarded as a joke while history moves on. A legal struggle would likely allow him to remain somewhat relevant and in the media a lot. Although he'll no doubt do all he can to ensure focus remains on him.

Yep, most likely.

Although in a weird way, I think he'll enjoy that less than any legal challenge he has to ensue. A pardon will basically result in people no longer really caring about him, and his tenure in charge being regarded as a joke while history moves on. A legal struggle would likely allow him to remain somewhat relevant and in the media a lot. Although he'll no doubt do all he can to ensure focus remains on him.
In no way he will just down phone . He will still tweet every day, claiming credit for any republican presidential success , and denouncing any democrat.

In no way he will just down phone . He will still tweet every day, claiming credit for any republican presidential success , and denouncing any democrat.

Oh he'll do all he can to remain relevant, but I think he'll be surprised when people no longer really care. Or, they'll still care, but he'll be nowhere near as relevant as he is now/has been for the past few years.

If impeachment happens for campaign finance violations or Russian collusion, Pence would be drawn in too and your next president will be

throwback-thursday-weightgate-or-were-paul-ryans-workout-photos-faked-body-image-1484845042.jpg

Not if Ryan's stood down by then.

Rather ironically, if the Dems could somehow flip the house come November, and Trump/Pence were forced to resign afterwards, then the Dems would technically get the Presidency. But presuming he doesn't go rogue Trump would avoid that by appointing a new VP before his departure.

Not if Ryan's stood down by then.

Rather ironically, if the Dems could somehow flip the house come November, and Trump/Pence were forced to resign afterwards, then the Dems would technically get the Presidency. But presuming he doesn't go rogue Trump would avoid that by appointing a new VP before his departure.

The option of a Dem becoming president during a Republican term has literally no previous precedence so I'd be interested to hear from someone who might have more knowledge. I also don't think they'll let a president facing impeachment choose a new VP on his own accord because he might handpick someone who will pardon him.

The option of a Dem becoming president during a Republican term has literally no previous precedence so I'd be interested to hear from someone who might have more knowledge. I also don't think they'll let a president facing impeachment choose a new VP on his own accord because he might handpick someone who will pardon him.

Yeah, it'd be completely new but then the President obviously (technically) operates as a sole individual and so his party affiliation just happens to be something he chooses to identify himself with. But then obviously it's become so ingrained for a President to operate within the two parties over the years.

Yep, most likely.

His business empire is going to crumble after he leaves office. Things were already bad but his credibility as a businessman and a person is now as low as ever. There's no way he can approach anyone to make a business deal unless it's Russians.

The reverse happened briefly in The West Wing when Bartlett invoked the 25th.

Bit of useless trivia.

If Trump can't run in 2020 or decides not to, what happens to the 2020 campaign money that's raised?

I wonder what the reaction to a hypothetical Trump pardoning would be, mass protests or just a collective sigh of relief? Also if it's concluded that Trump has colluded with Russia I don't see how he could be pardoned, it would be far worse than Nixon.

Status
Not open for further replies.