The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

A very rare occurrence happend recently where I read a conservative article I fully agreed with. It was a WSJ article I think, or similar, but the essence of it was that Comey is completely letting himself down by releasing his memoirs at this stage.

While I appreciate that he wants to get his story out, that his IQ is likely double mine and that he’s also likely forgotten 10 times over what I’ve learnt when it comes to analytics and strategic thinking. I can’t help but think that releasing his thoughts through this medium reduces them to titilation and gives credence to the idea that he’s an unreliable witness.

I really do think he would have been much better off keeping counsel until he had his day in court. The conservative media has been keen to paint him as a narcissist drama queen and this is doing little to dispel that.

A very rare occurrence happend recently where I read a conservative article I fully agreed with. It was a WSJ article I think, or similar, but the essence of it was that Comey is completely letting himself down by releasing his memoirs at this stage.

While I appreciate that he wants to get his story out, that his IQ is likely double mine and that he’s also likely forgotten 10 times over what I’ve learnt when it comes to analytics and strategic thinking. I can’t help but think that releasing his thoughts through this medium reduces them to titilation and gives credence to the idea that he’s an unreliable witness.

I really do think he would have been much better off keeping counsel until he had his day in court. The conservative media has been keen to paint him as a narcissist drama queen and this is doing little to dispel that.
Agree.

i agree. i do wish this had waited.

And yet he still seems a model of restraint and decorum compared to Trump.

Blake a clear influence here...

800px-Europe_a_Prophecy%2C_copy_D%2C_object_1_%28Bentley_1%2C_Erdman_i%2C_Keynes_i%29_British_Museum.jpg

Pardoning an old Cheney guy. Obviously a dog whistle for the likes of Manafort, Cohen et al

a dog whistle to Manafort no doubt but not sure if he can help Cohen who seems to be dealing with issues state level

This presidential pardon ability is BS. If someone got convicted it usually means they’re guilty. The potus shouldn’t be allowed to interfere there.

The first time Comey met Trump was at the pre-inauguration intelligence briefing. Comey, who is 6’8” tall, writes that the 6’3” president-elect looked shorter than he did on television. “His face appeared slightly orange,” Comey writes, “with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assumed he placed small tanning goggles, and impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.”

“As he extended his hand,” Comey adds, “I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so.”

:lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/books/review/james-comey-a-higher-loyalty.html?smid=tw-share

and points out that he never saw Trump laugh — a sign, Comey suspects, of his “deep insecurity, his inability to be vulnerable or to risk himself by appreciating the humor of others, which, on reflection, is really very sad in a leader, and a little scary in a president.”

Thought this bit was quite interesting, I can’t ever remember seeing him laugh either.

Looks like a few people have spotted that in the past too
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/16/opinion/sunday/trump-does-not-laugh.html
https://www.thenation.com/article/have-you-ever-seen-donald-trump-laugh/

Also. someone who would know as much as Comey can never release the full facts. No matter what you would come away from reading book knowing that there is more he could have said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/12/books/review/james-comey-a-higher-loyalty.html?smid=tw-share

and points out that he never saw Trump laugh — a sign, Comey suspects, of his “deep insecurity, his inability to be vulnerable or to risk himself by appreciating the humor of others, which, on reflection, is really very sad in a leader, and a little scary in a president.”

Thought this bit was quite interesting, I can’t ever remember seeing him laugh either.
He does his weird fake smile, which is a signal for everyone else in the room to shower him with their laughs for him to bask in

His like and retweet numbers are waaaay down btw.

come back in 40 minutes.

Heard an exerpt from the book from Maddow this morning where Comey claimed Trump actually praised him for his handling of the Hillary investigation too :lol:

Last edited:

Claude is a fraud but this headline checks out. So much for Trump not telling the enemy about his plans. Fml he's dim.

Considering we've seen no attack yet, increasingly look like this is all rhetoric from Trump to make him look hard on Syria/Russia, while not actually doing anything to damage them at all. A sure comedown from what he was coming out with the other day.

"Untruthful slime ball" :lol:

The ass clown is one step away from screaming "feck YOU" on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.