The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is, but I doubt his departure will matter all that much - in the end he'll just be replaced by another climate change denier.

Denying climate change is one thing. Trying to destroy the EPA so that companies can make a buck is another. You can be a against climate change and for the environment. Scott Pruitt is one of those folks who would gladly see the world burn if it meant he and his corporate buddies could profit from fire hoses.

Imagine Pruitt will be next out the door

There's reports that Shulkin was forced out not for the Europe flights but because he was opposed to privatizing the VA. At the rate Pruitt is rolling back the EPA, I think he must be conservative darling now.

Denying climate change is one thing. Trying to destroy the EPA so that companies can make a buck is another. You can be a against climate change and for the environment. Scott Pruitt is one of those folks who would gladly see the world burn if it meant he and his corporate buddies could profit from fire hoses.

Irrespective of whether or not his successor tries to destroy the EPA a climate change denier is still going to be terrible to have in charge. And certainly won't benefit the EPA at all.

Trump - "Democrats allow open borders, drugs and crime!"

I never knew that having a Rep president and a Rep majority in the house and senate meant that the Dems are controlling the country.

There's reports that Shulkin was forced out not for the Europe flights but because he was opposed to privatizing the VA. At the rate Pruitt is rolling back the EPA, I think he must be conservative darling now.

Yes, the Wimbledon stuff was all invented to frame Shulkin in order to get rid of him. If he was standing in the way of privatization then that would've gotten him sacked.

As for Pruitt, despite his role at the EPA, there's only so much smugness and corruption that Trump can tolerate before it starts to make him look bad.

Also, don't forget that Trump is already annoyed at Pruitt for this.....

Yes, the Wimbledon stuff was all invented to frame Shulkin in order to get rid of him. If he was standing in the way of privatization then that would've gotten him sacked.

As for Pruitt, despite his role at the EPA, there's only so much smugness and corruption that Trump can tolerate before it starts to make him look bad.

Also, don't forget that Trump is already annoyed at Pruitt for this.....

Yeah if we go into murky ethics of Pruitt, there's also a story that he's been renting a condo on Capitol Hill for $50 a night from a lobbyist when even people like Paul Ryan are sleeping in their offices. The man is brazenly corrupt to a fault.

Yeah if we go into murky ethics of Pruitt, there's also a story that he's been renting a condo on Capitol Hill for $50 a night from a lobbyist when even people like Paul Ryan are sleeping in their offices. The man is brazenly corrupt to a fault.

Yes that's been making the rounds in recent days, prior to this most recent story about him usurping the White House and giving his favorite staffers raises. I'd imagine his days are numbered at this point.

Is anybody really shocked that this bunch of right wing millionaire and billionaire crooks are all being found out for being..... crooked and ripping the tax payer off and using their government positions to further their own personal agenda and line their own and their friends pockets?

Pruitt, Carson, DeVos . At that point his cabinet would start to look vaguely normal.
I'd say DeVos. Children are the future of not only America but the world. Climate change deniers can put the countries environment back for 5 years but 5 years of bad education can decimate a generation of children.

You better watch out somebody might call you a misogamist for bringing Melania into the conversation. Apparently you make a joke about one woman and you hate them all. Strange but apparently true.

Are you suggesting femininity is like the Borg ?

I'd say DeVos. Children are the future of not only America but the world. Climate change deniers can put the countries environment back for 5 years but 5 years of bad education can decimate a generation of children.

It's not going to matter much how well educated some American kids are if the world's climate changes enough to melt the ice caps and cause mass migration, drought and flooding.

It's not going to matter much how well educated some American kids are if the world's climate changes enough to melt the ice caps and cause mass migration, drought and flooding.
That's not going to happen in 5 years though. You can still turn around all the bad that Trump does on climate after he is out. 5 years can devastate a generation of children though.

That's not going to happen in 5 years though. You can still turn around all the bad that Trump does on climate after he is out. 5 years can devastate a generation of children though.
To the best of my knowledge we really can't. We're already damaging the climate much more than we can ever turn around and our best hope is to keep the rise in temperature to a minimum...

I havent followed the science that closely, but from what I gather it seems like one the tipping point is reached temperature wise its basically irreversible. Permafrost melts enough to release the vast methane reserves that have been trapped for millions of years, the ice caps melt so less heat is being reflected back and is instead being absorbed into the sea, and then we're basically fecked.

To the best of my knowledge we really can't. We're already damaging the climate much more than we can ever turn around and our best hope is to keep the rise in temperature to a minimum...
Yeah but 1 country for 5 years isn't going to be the tipping point. At the end of the day I think we have already past the tipping point. It's about trying to slow down what is probably now inevitable.

I havent followed the science that closely, but from what I gather it seems like one the tipping point is reached temperature wise its basically irreversible. Permafrost melts enough to release the vast methane reserves that have been trapped for millions of years, the ice caps melt so less heat is being reflected back and is instead being absorbed into the sea, and then we're basically fecked.
Yeah I've pretty much said that below you.

Yeah but 1 country for 5 years isn't going to be the tipping point. At the end of the day I think we have already past the tipping point. It's about trying to slow down what is probably now inevitable.
Yeah but when that 1 country is that huge, populous and influential...

Anyways not really worth arguing about it, i'm sure we can agree both DeVos and Pruitt are dangerous.

If he wants a fight, Bezos is as good as any to give it back. The man is a pitbull.

I've met Amazon executives who were literally constipated for weeks before they had to give presentations to him.

He might look small but he is scary.

Almost right. It's "Keep America Great EXCLAMATION POINT".

On a more serious note: It makes sense to throw some slogans out there to see what sticks and what not so I wouldn't be reading to much into that. When will a sitting president start campaigning anyway?

Its just bizzare how America is "great" in one moment and the next one hes having some aneurysm all over twitter where everything is terrible

If he wants a fight, Bezos is as good as any to give it back. The man is a pitbull.

I've met Amazon executives who were literally constipated for weeks before they had to give presentations to him.

He might look small but he is scary.

Yup. Bezos is tough enough to take this, Amazon is a beast of a company anyways and I wouldn't be surprised if their sales went up with all this attention too.

If he really wants to he has enough money to buy the attention of Trump voters for hours and hours.

Yup. Bezos is tough enough to take this, Amazon is a beast of a company anyways and I wouldn't be surprised if their sales went up with all this attention too.

If he really wants to he has enough money to buy the attention of Trump voters for hours and hours.

Every state governer and senator is standing with hat in hands infront of Amazon for their second HQ now. Bezos can toy with them.

Trump just said he wants to deploy the military to the Mexican border. That caravan really as him spooked.

Every state governer and senator is standing with hat in hands infront of Amazon for their second HQ now. Bezos can toy with them.
Not anymore. They short listed some cities but I get your point.

Bezos really must have pissed in Trump s wheaties. It just seems like it's almost direct treason for an American President to attach one of the country s biggest corporate success stories. Will the powers behind the economy stand for that? Real estate developers if you can even call Donnie that are a dime a dozen.

This is f*cking ridiculous. Trump clearly has an agenda in this matter - isn't there any US body to stop him using the presidency to settle personal scores? Just ludicrous...

Status
Not open for further replies.