The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's turned you guys into a joke... Literally every US related conversation I've had recently it's been people ripping Trump, America and Americans in general...

His true fans really don't give a crap about what happens outside of their bubble as its all 'fake news' now

By 9 states 35 are too scared to vote against you While 129 states openly vote against you.

I suppose 9 states is a start.

The list is interesting Guatemala and Honduras receive support and money from the US to fight narco traffickers, right?

He's turned you guys into a joke... Literally every US related conversation I've had recently it's been people ripping Trump, America and Americans in general...

I don't know any rational person who associates Trump's personal behavior with that of the average American, so maybe its a bit of an indictment of the people you associate with.

That those in favor dont agree with the call to make Jerusalem the capital but what does it eventually do?

Depending on the formulation, the international community doesn't recognize Jerusalem as the exclusive capital of Israel.

Because Trump speaks for all Americans?
I don't know any rational person who associates Trump's personal behavior with that of the average American, so maybe its a bit of an indictment of the people you associate with.
It's just how people think mate, and let's be honest enough of you voted for the guy, and still stick by him for an association to be made. I'm clearly not stating it's all of you as I said a few posts later.... It is what it is.

And @Raoul, this is me an English man having conversations with other English people so you'll likely have no frame of reference to compare or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans and others do it with us and the Brexit vote.

Like I said, it is what it is.

Last edited:
So what happens now with this vote? Whats the end product? They unrecognize Jerusalem as the capital?
Same thing as always happens in UN: absolutely nothing.

I really don't get why was passing on Albania's ambassador head when he voted yes. Total idiot.

It's just how people think mate, and let's be honest enough of you voted for the guy, and still stick by him for an association to be made. I'm clearly not stating it's all of you as I said a few posts later.... It is what it is.
So you do the same with terrorists? If one Muslim or one Christian is branded a terrorist, you consider all Muslims or all Christians terrorists? Then you go on say "Oh thats how people think mate"? Thats fecking mental.

You clearly are attempting to impune the entire population since you stated "he's turned you guys into a joke" and "literally every US related conversation I've had recently it's been people ripping Trump, America and Americans in general".

And @Raoul, this is me an English man having conversations with other English people so you'll likely have no frame of reference to compare or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans and others do it with us and the Brexit vote.

Like I said, it is what it is.

It is the opposite actually. She got over 4mill plus votes.

You clearly are attempting to impune the entire population since you stated "he's turned you guys into a joke" and "literally every US related conversation I've had recently it's been people ripping Trump, America and Americans in general".
So you do the same with terrorists? If one Muslim or one Christian is branded a terrorist, you consider all Muslims or all Christians terrorists? Then you go on say "Oh thats how people think mate"? Thats fecking mental.
Have you seen me parrot it? I'm telling you what I'm hearing.... It is what it is. It's hardly controversial to state that some people are thinking 'wtf America'. I get why some of you get defensive but it is what it is.

That's not really the opposite, enough people voted for the guy which is why he is president. Now the majority didn't vote for him but with the american system enough isn't determined by a simple majority.

Have you seen me par parrot it? I'm trekking you what I'm hearing.... It is what it is. It's hardly controversial to state that overtime are thinking 'wtf America'. I get why some of you get defensive but it is what it is.

The WTF America crowd are generally not politically educated enough to know the nuances of what happened. Just your average punters who see a headline and feel compelled to comment about it based on their own political views.

The WTF America crowd are generally not politically educated enough to know the nuances of what happened. Just your average punters who see a headline and feel compelled to comment about it based on their own political views.

Also, the media outlets outside the US don't regularly report on the Muller probe.

Also, the media outlets outside the US don't regularly report on the Muller probe.
Yes you're both right. But it is what it is.... If you think they're all uninformed why do you care what they think?
What does that have to do with me saying enough people voted for a link to be drawn? Enough people voted Brexit under the guise of taken back control of our borders for us to recognise that we have an issue, and for people to take the micky out of the little Englander mentality.

You don't see me denying it or catching offense (knowing full well that it's nothing to do with me and its not all of England) so I don't know why you are...

As far as I can tell, it's done on more or less a weekly basis, in France and the UK.

Ermm to inform them?
They're taking the piss. They obviously know (you'd think,) but it's a joke now. 'Those Americans what have they done? Turkeys voting for xmas' .... 'Lingard couldn't get into a pub team'

Both bollox but there is a reason why the jokes being made... In the first case it's because as I stated enough Americans voted for him, and a lot are still backing him on social and news media. Either you accept that or you don't that's on you... In the second case, take a trip over to the football forum and full your boots.

Or I guess like @Raoul said it must just be my people...

Yes you're both right. But it is what it is.... If you think they're all uninformed why do you care what they think?

What does that have to do with me saying enough people voted for a link to be drawn? Enough people voted Brexit under the guise of taken back control of our borders for us to recognise that we have an issue, and for people to take the micky out of the little Englander mentality.

You don't see me denying it or catching offense (knowing full well that it's nothing to do with me and its not all of England) so I don't know why you are...

Well then make the case about those specific people rather than going after the entire population.

He'll insult a few world leaders on twitter.

Doesn't remember their names.

And I'm more with @afrocentricity on this one, especially given the awareness of the similarity with Brexit's impact on view of UK. Its not that I didn't know there were conservatives (I was an exchange student in Mississippi) or how they thought. It's that maybe I didn't realize how close/vulnerable the country was to making really poor but meaningful decisions in elections.

It sure is hard to reconcile, because I find a world of things and people to admire in the US and the UK, hence why I moved to one of the two. I'm just not so confident in the continued progress of either of the countries as I was before.

Well then make the case about those specific people rather than going after the entire population.
Your just being touchy. These are people making casual conversation and taking the piss...

People generally do take notice when one attempts to smear them by nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation etc.
Anyway.... It's funny you catching feelings about me relating that people are making jokes about your country on one hand and then explaining away the actions of the man that has brought this on your country on the other.

Claiming he's no racist, and telling me to 'stop playing the race card' when I disagreed with you... Still confused about that one.

Oh and the pivot, when's that coming again?

Look closer to home...

Are you going to give me another 3 point infraction for daring to question you?

@afrocentricity you are free to infer whatever you deem sensible. But I was pointing out the fact that she actually got more votes than him.
I agree mate. EC voting system is a sham.

Anyway.... It's funny you catching feelings about me relating that people are making jokes about your country on one hand and then explaining away the actions of the man that has brought this on your country on the other.

Claiming he's no racist, and telling me to 'stop playing the race card' when I disagreed with you... Still confused about that one.

Oh and the pivot, when's that coming again?

Look closer to home...

Are you going to give me another 3 point infraction for daring to question you?

Why not stick to the original topic and answer your claim about you guys have turned into a joke. It was a myopic half thought out post. You make yourself out to be some sort of moral paragon on race issues but your sense of morality doesn't seem to extend to a person's nationality when infact you are basically resorting to the same sort of stereotyping that you claim to to be offended by on matters about race.

Status
Not open for further replies.