The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 diet Cokes a day, copious amounts of dessert, Arby's & McDonald's for lunch. At this point even hell must hate him pretty bad for coronary heart disease to have stayed away.

That's a fascinating article from the NYT.

I agree FG, but I’ll also add that it’s an absolute hatchet job at the same time. That’s sourced from god knows how many White House staffers. It looks to me like they’re taking a hand in doing exactly what they say he fears the most - delegitimising him. The picture is being painted from the inside. This is a lazy, irrational, paranoid lunatic that doesn’t know the first thing about running the country and doesn’t have the work ethic to wing it.

This is the groundwork to pushing him out, the tax bill is almost sorted, his purpose is served.

Its amazing how many of the GOP blowhards are just so not funny

Yeah, baffling as to how people think him ranting like an actual child is somehow him telling it like it is or addressing the common man or whatever other shite is peddled.

I agree FG, but I’ll also add that it’s an absolute hatchet job at the same time. That’s sourced from god knows how many White House staffers. It looks to me like they’re taking a hand in doing exactly what they say he fears the most - delegitimising him. The picture is being painted from the inside. This is a lazy, irrational, paranoid lunatic that doesn’t know the first thing about running the country and doesn’t have the work ethic to wing it.

This is the groundwork to pushing him out, the tax bill is almost sorted, his purpose is served.

You are right. He hasn't work a day in his life.
The tax bill fecks us over.
But honestly call a spade a spade.

Help the poor. You cowards be out Republican or Democrat. Talk about the poor. Stop this bullshit about the middle class.

NYT Article said:
He still relitigates last year’s election, convinced that the investigation by Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, into Russia’s interference is a plot to delegitimize him.

Just me or does that imply that he specifically isn't guilty of anything that his team might have done?

If he's convinced the investigation is a plot to delegitimize him then he can't possibly take that from the point of view of him knowing he actually did collude.

It's just you.

If you can suggest that Trump thinks the Russia investigation is an effort to delegitimize the election and thus, his crowning glory then it implies that he thinks it's absolutely nothing to do with what he's actually done. Otherwise there's no way he can think like that.

Trump sued on behalf of 130 million people for massive and unlawful power grab

https://shareblue.com/trump-sued-on...n-people-for-massive-and-unlawful-power-grab/

18 state attorneys general are signing onto a lawsuit challenging Trump's installment of Mick Mulvaney as the Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

No fewer than 18 state attorneys general are signing onto a lawsuit to stop Donald Trump from a massive power grab involving the appointment of a new director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPD).

The correct spelling of Attorneys General :drool:

I really, really loathe Donald Trump. However, I have to be honest, he does have a point with this one.

The use of 'phony' just reminded me of that guy from Family Guy - 'You're a big fat phony'

Trump is right about the left wing liberal media a lot of the time - they are full of shit. Doesn't make him any less of a cnut but it's a shame the media write so much bullshit when he's giving them ample ammunition anyway.

It's still hilarious that the president of the united states is so desperate to defend against any slight of his crowd sizes. This isn't normal.

Trump is right about the left wing liberal media a lot of the time - they are full of shit. Doesn't make him any less of a cnut but it's a shame the media write so much bullshit when he's giving them ample ammunition anyway.

Who is the left wing liberal media?

Who is that exactly? Be a bit more specific if you think they are full of shit rather than repeat what you just said.

In the US, its generally not common to find any prominent journalists (outside Fox) who lean right. Most tend to lean a bit left.

In the US, its generally not common to find any prominent journalists (outside Fox) who lean right. Most tend to lean a bit left.

Yeah I know but if you're pro-Choice and believe in Climate change like most of the developed world you would get classed as leaning left. In anycase if you start saying that most mainstream is liberal and left wing, your centre essentially becomes Fox with Breitbart as centre right. I don't think Bernie Sanders supporters for a start think of the media as overtly left wing.

I also don't think the likes of CNN or NYT are full of shit. Sure they get things wrong and focus on too much on certain aspects but overall compared to the rest of the media they're as fair as can be with the personal bias thrown in. Compare this week to Fox having to retract a story about one of Roy Moore's accusers committing forgery while Breitbart haven't even bothered retracting it. For me it's obvious which end is full of shit.

Yeah I know but if you're pro-Choice and believe in Climate change like most of the developed world you would get classed as leaning left. In anycase if you start saying that most mainstream is liberal and left wing, your centre essentially becomes Fox with Breitbart as centre right. I don't think Bernie Sanders supporters for a start think of the media as overtly left wing.

I also don't think the likes of CNN or NYT are full of shit. Sure they get things wrong and focus on too much on certain aspects but overall compared to the rest of the media they're as fair as can be with the personal bias thrown in. Compare this week to Fox having to retract a story about one of Roy Moore's accusers committing forgery while Breitbart haven't even bothered retracting it. For me it's obvious which end is full of shit.

I think the left right thing has been largely driven by the right since the 70 and 80s. They've always been pissed that mainstream journalism didn't give them to sort of exposure they felt it gave to left leaning causes

Liberal media is simply a bogeyman that creates a scapegoat for persons on the right/far right to cast judgment on the media that seldom casts a good light on their shit policies, actions, etc.

The greatest trick the GOP have pulled is creating/reinforcing the victim mentality among it's support. Part of that is the idea that the "mainstream media" is full of liberal elitists out to screw out the good ol Real American®. It's bullshit. Fox News is, by far, the most watched cable news channel every day. The Sinclair Broadcasting Company is strongly conservative and has local news coverage in something like 70%+ of markets. Papers like the Wall Street Journal and NY Post are among the highest circulated in the country.

Ultimately, the media make mistakes and are too often driven by clicks/ratings. But that's been true for a long time.

If you think NYT/CNN are biased, what do you think of the blatant lies by the likes of Trump, Fox, Breitbart, etc every single day?

The greatest trick the GOP have pulled is creating/reinforcing the victim mentality among it's support. Part of that is the idea that the "mainstream media" is full of liberal elitists out to screw out the good ol Real American®. It's bullshit. Fox News is, by far, the most watched cable news channel every day. The Sinclair Broadcasting Company is strongly conservative and has local news coverage in something like 70%+ of markets. Papers like the Wall Street Journal and NY Post are among the highest circulated in the country.

Ultimately, the media make mistakes and are too often driven by clicks/ratings. But that's been true for a long time.

If you think NYT/CNN are biased, what do you think of the blatant lies by the likes of Trump, Fox, Breitbart, etc every single day?

Don't forget Talk Radio. Its probably the most influential right wing information source. Millions of people tune in to listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Beck, Levine, Ingraham etc.

Don't forget Talk Radio. Its probably the most influential right wing information source. Millions of people tune in to listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Beck, Levine, Ingraham etc.
Yeah good point. Between the drive to and from work and the nightly FNC brainwashing, it's a coordinated brainwashing that hits tens of millions for hours every day.

Who is that exactly? Be a bit more specific if you think they are full of shit rather than repeat what you just said.

The example in this thread a few posts up and I've seen a lot of stuff like that over the past year. If you don't believe that is happening, fair enough. I don't particular want to be the guy spending his time defending Donald Trump, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.