The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the birther shit, of which he was the most vocal.

I also liked it when he asked the black journalist in the WH press pool if she'd arrange a meeting for him with the Black Caucus because he figured they'd be friends, cos you know all black people know eachother.

There's a litany of examples of his racism and bigotry.
Racism can't simply be wearing white hoods, hailing Hitler, and freely shouting slurs. That's the easy, obvious stuff. He engages in the deep-rooted, far more damaging stuff that actually results in minorities being marginalized.

That's because it's a liberal forum that's never really had many Trump supporters. It's also generally not got many American posters. On right wing American forums they'll defend/ignore his actions and simply not have the knowledge of his politics, they'll probably post videos like this:

"No One Was Calling Him Racist When He Wasn't President" - Floyd Mayweather

Such finesse from Floyd with the "fat ass" argument :lol:

The question is whether or not he actually believes what he is saying or whether he is saying it to be provocative.

Honestly, I'm with the people say "who cares?" on this distinction. It doesn't matter if he believes it or not, he enables scumbags and makes people's lives worse with these statements and actions.

I am pretty sure Obama would drive by my house late at night blasting Toby Keith from his car stereo just to spoil my sleep.

Military tactics? Trump would have been exempted from that mission.

But it means that person has so little regard for the hurtfulness of those comments I don't see how we can realistically make a distinction.

He is more than just a racist. If his team identified an antisemitic voter demographic worthy of wooing he would be openly antisemitic. If there was a big enough percentage of America who hated kids with down syndrome, he'd be tweeting about people wasting resources on support for special needs.

He's not just a racist. He just doesn't give a shit about anybody to the extent that he'll use whatever tools he can find, no matter how abhorrent, to reach his own personal goals.

The most surprising thing is that this clown is still in office, after all these deluded episodes.

Taking bets on what will be the last straw. Russia collusion?, WW3?, Grim Reaper?...

Hurtfulness is different from racism though. Trump is obviously in the business of using race, gender, and other popular divide and conquer strategies to galvanize his base of support and insulate his power. To that end, he is manipulating groups off of one another for his own gain.
Galvanise his support as well as deflect attention whilst pushing through his real agenda

I think that's the best article I've read on him yet.

“loudmouthed shit-for-brains inheritance baby” couldn't be any more perfect!

So much of it is fun and seemingly true. I love the assumption that what he still really wants is to be seen as a NY hotshot.

The most surprising thing is that this clown is still in office, after all these deluded episodes.

Taking bets on what will be the last straw. Russia collusion?, WW3?, Grim Reaper?...

I'm not sure but either way, I cannot wait for the meltdown after he leaves the office. At the moment people are afraid of him, afraid of actually going public with half of his bullshit. He also has a team of people babysitting and editing him.

When he leaves the White House, all sorts of stuff is going to come out and there will be no firewall between him and his keyboard. He is going to fecking self destruct in spectacular fashion!

I'm not sure but either way, I cannot wait for the meltdown after he leaves the office. At the moment people are afraid of him, afraid of actually going public with half of his bullshit. He also has a team of people babysitting and editing him.

When he leaves the White House, all sorts of stuff is going to come out and there will be no firewall between him and his keyboard. He is going to fecking self destruct in spectacular fashion!

Wow, that sounds like it is going to be better than any show on Netflix.

It should be called “The White House Apprentice (who brought the whole country on its knees in under a year)” or something like that!

Of course the DOw Jones is on record. fecking up the middle class, cutting taxes for the rich and companies...Any company will thrive under this regime with less cost for them and employees unprotected

This isn't the first excellent Vox piece posted in this thread but it's one I enjoyed reading today. Highlighted the intricacies of impeachment and how difficult it is to remove a president even after it has become abundantly clear the country made a serious mistake.

https://www.vox.com/2017/11/30/16517022/impeachment-donald-trump

Sometimes I imagine this era going catastrophically wrong — a nuclear exchange with North Korea, perhaps, or a genuine crisis in American democracy — and historians writing about it in the future. They will go back and read Trump’s tweets and his words and read what we were saying, and they will wonder what the hell was wrong with us. You knew, they’ll say. You knew everything you needed to know to stop this. And what will we say in response?

Rather unfair, I hate a liberal elitism, stuck in their own bubble with a patronising righteousness about them.
Therefore I like when things are mixed up a little bit (Trump, Brexit although I genuinely believe in it, Bitcoin, Catalonia independence, etc).
Wasnt trump a liberal elitist until he seen how dumb and gullible conservative republicans can be.

I bet Tillerson said "feck no" and Trump said you're fired.

Trump's beef with Tillerson is more down to him calling Trump a moron, which then became public. So Trump then did what every coward does - he passive aggressively leaked info that Tillerson would be leaving to nudge Tillerson to preemptively resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.