The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fox thread gives you a bit of an idea. I imagine most Aussies, like us Brits see it for what it is purely because of Murdoch's reputation. He's pretty much despised in the UK, and his reputation is awful because of the scandals with his tabloid papers. Although I think The Sun is still the best selling paper in the UK, and Sky TV is still hugely popular due to lack of serious competition or availability.

Surprisingly though, Sky News is incredibly popular, and aside from some truly odious presenters and news readers, it's nowhere near anything like Fox and is a reasonably well respected channel.

I'm not (at all) British!

Ed Krassenstein along with his brother are untrustworthy. They run the IR.net site which creates fake news stories.

They create articles solely based on what the likes of Claude Taylor are tweeting. See below for an example.

http://ir.net/news/politics/124945/donald-trump-target-letter/

Ah cool, thanks for that. I haven't seen or heard from him before, but still, the question needs to be answered if there is any truth to his claim?

He can go on the banned list with Taylor and Mensch and co.

He has an answer for that too!
dd4xclh1t5001.jpg

Ah cool, thanks for that. I haven't seen or heard from him before, but still, the question needs to be answered if there is any truth to his claim?

He can go on the banned list with Taylor and Mensch and co.

I would say no. They are just not trustworthy.

CANADA PREPARES FOR A NEW WAVE OF REFUGEES AS HAITIANS FLEE TRUMP’S AMERICA
Last winter, after Donald Trump’s inauguration, there was a sharp increase in “irregular border crossings” all across the Canada-U.S. border: people sidestepping official ports of entry and trying to reach safety by walking through the woods, across clearings, or over ditches. Since January 2017, Canadian authorities intercepted nearly 17,000 migrants from the U.S. (and others crossed without detection). The applications for asylum begin once migrants are safely in Canada, rather than at border crossings, where they would likely be turned back under a controversial cross-border agreement between the two countries.

The risks of the irregular crossings are especially great in winter, and this one looks to be a cold one. Last year, during the coldest months, there were wrenching reports of frostbitten toes and fingers having to be amputated on arrival in Canada. Two men from Ghana lost all their fingers after they walked across to Manitoba — one told reporters he felt lucky that he had managed to keep one of his thumbs.

Despite these hazards, there is every reason to believe the flow of migrants making their way to those trailers near Lacolle will continue even as the temperature drops. Indeed, the luggage-laden foot traffic may well speed up in the coming weeks and months.

That’s because on Monday, November 20, the Trump administration made good on its threats to remove more than 50,000 Haitians from a program that currently allows them to live and work legally in the United States. In 20 months, they will be stripped of all protection and subjected to deportation. The administration has already announced it will be kicking Nicaraguans out of the same program and has suggested it may do the same to Hondurans next year. In September, Sudanese people got word that they’re getting the boot as well. Salvadorans are expected to be next.

Yeah, I think you're right, I've been searching and can't find anywhere dependable that backs his claim up.

He was referring to this article about the "access Hollywood" tape being fake. I was referring to the rest of his post being a load of nonsense, as he wont have a clue what kind of secret tapes are out there that are damaging to Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...adviser-that-access-hollywood-tape-may-not-be

He was referring to this article about the "access Hollywood" tape being fake. I was referring to the rest of his post being a load of nonsense, as he wont have a clue what kind of secret tapes are out there that are damaging to Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...adviser-that-access-hollywood-tape-may-not-be

Thanks mate, I had already read one of those (the NYT one) and he's just making shit up and being disingenuous and twisting the actual comments/quotes. The way he said it I thought Trump had actually come out and outright said the tape was fake, not the misquoting of a very old comment.

Loads of people are back to going on about the supposed Apprentice tapes of Trump being racist. I doubt if they came out now they would have any impact whatsoever.

Many people outside the US view CNN as mostly US govt-friendly propaganda, especially on US foreign policy. I wonder how a foreigner would respond to 24/7 Fox.

Everyone knew what Fox News was long before Drumpf took office and no rational human took them seriously then either. The problem Drumpf and by an extension the current GOP has with any media outlet that isn't Fox is that they actually report news, so inevitably they are going to clash when confronted with their bullshit

The sad thing is that instead of politicians actually having to answer for themselves, you have grown ass men running away from reporters yelling fake news like some three year old

Thanks mate, I had already read one of those (the NYT one) and he's just making shit up and being disingenuous and twisting the actual comments/quotes. The way he said it I thought Trump had actually come out and outright said the tape was fake, not the misquoting of a very old comment.

Loads of people are back to going on about the supposed Apprentice tapes of Trump being racist. I doubt if they came out now they would have any impact whatsoever.
Yeah, if people haven't made up their minds yet for 2020 we are lost.

Everyone knew what Fox News was long before Drumpf took office and no rational human took them seriously then either. The problem Drumpf and by an extension the current GOP has with any media outlet that isn't Fox is that they actually report news, so inevitably they are going to clash when confronted with their bullshit

The sad thing is that instead of politicians actually having to answer for themselves, you have grown ass men running away from reporters yelling fake news like some three year old

I think I want to punch that cnut more than Gorka.

Many people outside the US view CNN as mostly US govt-friendly propaganda, especially on US foreign policy. I wonder how a foreigner would respond to 24/7 Fox.
Not anymore. Yes they back the USA's Foreign Policy, especially regarding it's military actions around the world but have been against Trump and his government from the moment I started watching it.

Fox I see as being extremely right wing in their views it's a really toxic place that I don't like watching it.

I must admit that I don't like any news outlet that is too partisan in it's views. I won't watch TYT because it is too one sided and I steer clear of the really right wing news outlets like Alex Jones.

Not anymore. Yes they back the USA's Foreign Policy, especially regarding it's military actions around the world but have been against Trump and his government from the moment I started watching it.

Fox I see as being extremely right wing in their views it's a really toxic place that I don't like watching it.

I must admit that I don't like any news outlet that is too partisan in it's views. I won't watch TYT because it is too one sided and I steer clear of the really right wing news outlets like Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is not a news outlet, he's a conspiracy theory conman lunatic.

The Fox thread gives you a bit of an idea. I imagine most Aussies, like us Brits see it for what it is purely because of Murdoch's reputation. He's pretty much despised in the UK, and his reputation is awful because of the scandals with his tabloid papers. Although I think The Sun is still the best selling paper in the UK, and Sky TV is still hugely popular due to lack of serious competition or availability.

Surprisingly though, Sky News is incredibly popular, and aside from some truly odious presenters and news readers, it's nowhere near anything like Fox and is a reasonably well respected channel.
There is a law in the UK that holds TV news channels to a higher standard than newspapers.
Alex Jones is not a news outlet, he's a conspiracy theory conman lunatic.
Fair enough I have watched one or two of his shows and wont watch him again. I'll change my wording and call him a political commentator and change the news outlet to Breitbart.
Now you will use the same argument about them but I will counter that Trump is championing the two of them as somewhere that his supporters should go to hear the truth.

There is a law in the UK that holds TV news channels to a higher standard than newspapers.

Fair enough I have watched one or two of his shows and wont watch him again. I'll change my wording and call him a political commentator and change the news outlet to Breitbart.
Now you will use the same argument about them but I will counter that Trump is championing the two of them as somewhere that his supporters should go to hear the truth.

Brietbart aren't a news outlet either. It's a propaganda outlet no different to RT.

You might not count them as a News Network but they do and Trump is promoting them as such.

Infowars.com the home of the #1 Internet News Show in the World.

You were happy to denounce Alex Jones, Bannon's Brietbart is just a slightly more subtle version using phrases like "Deep State" instead of "New World Order".

You were happy to denounce Alex Jones, Bannon's Brietbart is just a slightly more subtle version using phrases like "Deep State" instead of "New World Order".
I was conceding to your knowledge on Jones as I said I have only watched him twice. I hadn't looked up to see if an independent site like Wikipedia had named him as a news outlet like I did with Breitbart. Maybe he is defined as a news outlet as well. I do see him more as a single commentator while Breitbart is a bigger organisation though. Aren't they backed by a Billionaire?

I did counter that Trump is promoting both of them as somewhere to go to hear the truth.

A friend just shared this on facebook, I hadn't seen it before. Beyond words.

American, yer fecked (and by extension we all are)

As someone mentioned on the facebooks comments under this video, the quote from her "I have a very superficial understanding of the problem" is an extremely apt summary of this administration.

I was conceding to your knowledge on Jones as I said I have only watched him twice. I hadn't looked up to see if an independent site like Wikipedia had named him as a news outlet like I did with Breitbart. Maybe he is defined as a news outlet as well. I do see him more as a single commentator while Breitbart is a bigger organisation though. Aren't they backed by a Billionaire?

I did counter that Trump is promoting both of them as somewhere to go to hear his version of the truth.
Fixed it for you pal.

Trump doubling down on his support for Moore. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up doing a campaign rally with Moore in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.