The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Dr Zeus playing the flute.

FML! :lol: Some of the replies are amazing
Dude... this is one of the replies :wenger:
DOwEjLaXcAAFVT5.jpg

This was my favourite:

American prisons being known the world over for how accomodating they are.

Trip Advisor review of US Federal Prison:

"So accommodating, we had brought far more people than they are suited to but they totally made it work and made everyone fit"

- The GOP

Proposals for anything like that in the US (or the UK for that matter) would be shouted down with accusations of the people suggesting it being "soft on crime", "bleeding heart liberals" etc etc, but the recidivism rate comparisons speak for themselves really.
Yeah. Always makes me wonder how America is wasting a lot of their people's lives. And that's not even thinking about any of the people put in jail undeservingly.

But then, they are used to their system so ours seem foreign and stupid, and that may also be why I see theirs as foreign and stupid.

Leean Tweeden on CNN as accepted Franken's apology. To be honest she seemed to be revelling in it.

Leean Tweeden on CNN as accepted Franken's apology. To be honest she seemed to be revelling in it.

I thought she was fairly authentic. I suppose CNN can't be blamed for not giving her any air time. Spent at least 45 minutes of Jake Tapper's show to tell her story.

They'll ram this tax bill down our collective throats and nothing will happen. We'll just take it on the chin per usual. What should happen is civil unrest, the realization that one side has truly fecked the nation. That many citizens toed a party line and this was the thank you response.

Nothing will happen. Not for a few more years at minimum and that's assuming the Dems can gain seats and the presidency at some point.

So Senate Republicans (more moderate) vs House Republicans (fecking nutters)

Meanwhile, AFAIK, the 3x-4x increase in my tax rates is in the senate bill but not in the house version.

So let us each pray for our own different, slightly better personally, versions of dystopia.

They'll ram this tax bill down our collective throats and nothing will happen. We'll just take it on the chin per usual. What should happen is civil unrest, the realization that one side has truly fecked the nation. That many citizens toed a party line and this was the thank you response.

Nothing will happen. Not for a few more years at minimum and that's assuming the Dems can gain seats and the presidency at some point.

And spend the first 2-3years cleaning up again only for the GOP to bitch that those solutions dont work.

Same cycle over and over

Little House on the Prairie

Willie O'Hara, a traveling, patent-medicine salesman, comes to Walnut Grove with his talking crow and chimpanzee "circus", appears to immediately cure Mr. Hanson's incurable headache and convinces most of the community that his remedy is good for anything, and everything, that ails them. But an angry Doc Baker must intervene when Mrs. Oleson believes that the potion will cure her life-threatening appendicitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.