The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about to post this.

I can hear the apologists now...
"Oh but God works in mysterious ways. He uses anybody to get his message across"

I'm thinking of bringing up Weinstein at lunch to my religio-conservative colleagues just to bait them into talking about how much he deserves to be punished just to flip it on its head and give a "too bad for Harvey he didn't run for president, cause you'd have voted for him"
That will go well

Was about to post this.

I can hear the apologists now...
"Oh but God works in mysterious ways. He uses anybody to get his message across"

I'm thinking of bringing up Weinstein at lunch to my religio-conservative colleagues just to bait them into talking about how much he deserves to be punished just to flip it on its head and give a "too bad for Harvey he didn't run for president, cause you'd have voted for him"
Do it!

Corker is not running. Jeff Flake will likely not retain his seat.

Mitch is facing a lot of heat after Alabama elections.

Trump's opponents are falling off quickly!

These things are not necessarily good for Trump as it will open up chances for Dems to steal a few seats.

These things are not necessarily good for Trump as it will open up chances for Dems to steal a few seats.

Don't think so. Dems are not in the reckoning in any of the places I mentioned above. It goes to a person who is more likely to stick by Trump (or at least not oppose him) or as in Alabama's case, a potentially worse extreme candidate.

Maybe in states like Wisconsin etc where he won by a slim margin, we can see a swing...but in traditional Red states, he's getting stronger.

I can't believe we have reached the point where the American President, by his oafish statements, clumsy threats and leering attitudes starts to make the nazis look professional and classy

Surely someone will take up Larry Flynts offer and get this guy impeached

Don't think so. Dems are not in the reckoning in any of the places I mentioned above. It goes to a person who is more likely to stick by Trump (or at least not oppose him) or as in Alabama's case, a potentially worse extreme candidate.

Maybe in states like Wisconsin etc where he won by a slim margin, we can see a swing...but in traditional Red states, he's getting stronger.

They don't need to be in those particular places. If more right wing candidates are running for office during a time when Trump is unpopular and not accomplishing anything, then that's a good sign for Dem candidates during the mid terms.

They don't need to be in those particular places. If more right wing candidates are running for office during a time when Trump is unpopular and not accomplishing anything, then that's a good sign for Dem candidates during the mid terms.

More traditional Republicans are losing spots because they feel "traditional" GOP is hindrance to Trump agenda. Whether you like him or not, Trump has been masterful in blaming all his failures on GOP. Mitch and Paul bore the brunt along with McCain, Flake, Susan and Lisa.

Frankly it's obviously suicidal for GOP to criticize Trump with themselves being ineffective. Maybe looks good and noble, but still stupid.

I'm sure Trump will blame GOP in Immigration (DACA) and Tax too.

I would set my dog on him. He's so disgusting. Anyone that disagrees doesn't have a daughter.

I would say that anyone that disagrees is a disgusting human being. you don't need to have a daughter to be disgusted by his behaviour.

FFS, I can't even begin to the imagine the collective right-wing and white outrage had Obama made such a joke about Biden wanting to eliminate a group of people (we know this would never occur but playing the what if card).

I think the 'if Obama had said that' thing only makes half the point. If Jeb Bush was president and said these things it would be a huge deal. The degree of low expectation is unique to Trump, I think.

I think the 'if Obama had said that' thing only makes half the point. If Jeb Bush was president and said these things it would be a huge deal. The degree of low expectation is unique to Trump, I think.

It comes down to accountability and shame. Trump has neither and neither does his support.

Status
Not open for further replies.