The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Cuban could win. He would be hard to attack since he doesn't really have a record to attack, but could do well by attacking the records of others.

:lol:

This dynamic is particularly interesting because Tillerson has long been under suspicion for his familiarity with Putin. If he can do and say as he pleases without a Trump reaction it certainly makes you wonder.

Every single day more bullshit distractions, lies, scandals, unrest, sackings or bad policy decisions. Surely the world can't put up with this for another 3 and a bit years?

I actually think Cuban could win. He would be hard to attack since he doesn't really have a record to attack, but could do well by attacking the records of others.

If he's serious then he can start off by getting involved in politics at the local level or becoming a congressman and work his way up from there.

Its breathtaking the arrogance of these celebs who think they are entitled to run for the presidency without having any political experience whatsoever.

Im thinking 7 and a bit years is more likely - then Ivanka takes over

Yeah, that definitely aint happening. I guarantee Trump can't keep this up for another 3 years, and even if he did the country couldn't take it, nor could the world. No way. The world would have a collective heart attack.

FFS Just seen his interview about going to Vegas and guess what...

"It's a very, very sad day for me personally" FFS! It's always about him.

If he's serious then he can start off by getting involved in politics at the local level or becoming a congressman and work his way up from there.

Its breathtaking the arrogance of these celebs who think they are entitled to run for the presidency without having any political experience whatsoever.

Ordinarily I would agree but in the age of Trump I don't think anyone is going to wait by working their way up the ladder. Cuban is a pretty smart guy from all the interviews I've seen and most importantly I think he wouldn't have the baggage of civility that most traditional politicians have, where they couldn't effectively jab back at Trump's attacks. Should be a fun 18 months ahead as this gets fleshed out.

Ordinarily I would agree but in the age of Trump I don't think anyone is going to wait by working their way up the ladder. Cuban is a pretty smart guy from all the interviews I've seen and most importantly I think he wouldn't have the baggage of civility that most traditional politicians have, where they couldn't effectively jab back at Trump's attacks. Should be a fun 18 months ahead as this gets fleshed out.

"Baggage of civility". As if it's a bad thing!

You really think more of this would be fun?

"Baggage of civility". As if it's a bad thing!

You really think more of this would be fun?

I'm actually warming to the idea of politicians saying what's on their minds rather than always speaking off of written scripts. Obviously its annoying when Trump does it, but if someone like Cuban or Schwarzenegger (if he could run) talks, its done out of far more authenticity than the standard dull, scripted rhetoric we see from establishment politicians.

I'm not a fan but I'm pretty sure NBC ratings have exploded upwards since Trump took office?

Most places that he's mentioned low ratings have skyrocketed or had excellent subscribe rates or whatever. Sad thing is we already know he's one of the leading proponents of the 'big lie' tactic. If he just keeps saying something over and over then it effectively becomes truth to a lot of people even when it's a blatant lie.

Just enough to complete 2 terms.

He's the horrible type that'll live until he's 102 despite his claim of never exercising and clearly being unhealthy.

I don't know if Matt Damon can be considered out of touch (in not advocating him as president), he grew up in a working class neighbourhood of Boston didn't he?

He might've grown up in a working class neighbourhood but he's been a celebrity for decades. No celebrity (excluding reality gameshow winners and suchlike) is in touch with modern day working class folk.

I don't know if Matt Damon can be considered out of touch (in not advocating him as president), he grew up in a working class neighbourhood of Boston didn't he?
From wiki

Damon was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the second son of Kent Telfer Damon (born 1942), a stockbroker, and Nancy Carlsson-Paige (born 1944), an early childhood education professor at Lesley University.[6][7] His father has English and Scottish ancestry, and his mother is of five-eighths Finnish and three-eighths Swedish descent (his mother's family surname had been changed from the Finnish "Pajari" to "Paige").[8][9][10] Damon and his family moved to Newton for two years. His parents divorced when he was two years old, and Damon and his brother returned with their mother to Cambridge,[7][11] where they lived in a six-family communal house.[12][13] His brother Kyle is now an accomplished sculptor and artist.[7][14]

I'm actually warming to the idea of politicians saying what's on their minds rather than always speaking off of written scripts. Obviously its annoying when Trump does it, but if someone like Cuban or Schwarzenegger (if he could run) talks, its done out of far more authenticity than the standard dull, scripted rhetoric we see from establishment politicians.

The problem is the more Cuban or Schwarzenegger does it, the more the other side will as well. It will lead to more Trumps and make things even more divisive in the long run.

It's not reality TV ffs

The problem is the more Cuban or Schwarzenegger does it, the more the other side will as well. It will lead to more Trumps and make things even more divisive in the long run.
The thing with Trump is that he is quite stupid and lazy, despite his skill at marketing and manipulation. There's certainly room for improvement, to find someone with a bit of intelligence to go with a brash persona. And the same people who support Trump because he "tells it like it is" will eat it up while others won't be able to target as many obvious weaknesses. Trump 2.0 is going to be far more dangerous.

I think Trump is a once in a lifetime phenomenon so I'm not worried about more Trump's emerging. His rise was a perfect storm of events and the likelihood it will be replicated is astronomically small imo.

His way of life for a long time has been luxurious once he became established in Hollywood.

GOP would love for the likes of him to run as a Democrat. They would keep honing down our throats that he's part of "Hollywood's liberal elite", which was an effective campaign slogan used by Trump towards Hollywood's support for Clinton.

It is realty and it is on TV. Whether we like it or not, the thin line between entertainment and politics has been obliterated and there's no going back.

Nah that's crap. Trump doesn't have to become the new norm.

If the American population has any collective sense (I know, I know) there will be a move back to the standard political process after this pretender is gone. Which is still a million miles from good but it doesn't need to continue to get worse.

Getting behind the idea of another celebrity with zero political experience running for the biggest political office in the country (if not the world) is sheer lunacy.

This isn't entertainment, it's people's lives that are being destroyed. Even if you don't acknowledge that because you don't personally know anyone affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.