The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so what is your answer to that question: Why should we continue to care?
That was my question for Americans to answer. It would be great if an American could reassure us by saying something like "there is a groundswell of anti-Trump feeling in my electorate and we'll be turfing our Republican in the upcoming election" or "senator so-and-so is preparing a wizard way to counter the gun lobby" or SOMETHING to give us hope. Because if nothing is going to change for the better, and soon, things can only get worse - and that is scary.

Denis pls staph.

You’re having a mare mate. Just take a step back, you’ve made it clear that you didn’t word it very well and were misunderstood, you’re just digging a hole now.

That was my question for Americans to answer. It would be great if an American could reassure us by saying something like "there is a groundswell of anti-Trump feeling in my electorate and we'll be turfing our Republican in the upcoming election" or "senator so-and-so is preparing a wizard way to counter the gun lobby" or SOMETHING to give us hope. Because if nothing is going to change for the better, and soon, things can only get worse - and that is scary.

So why did you use the word "Care" and why did you assume that non-Americans would stop caring? What is the link with what you just wrote?

Also a generalization means taking an anecdote about a group and using it to define a larger group. In our case considering that all Americans are republicans and that all republicans are NRA supporters. You don't want to make generalizations that's not clever particularly in that case.

Truly a disgusting human being , a complete embarrassment to America .Everyone who voted for him and still supports him the same words apply to them.

The President of America visits US citizens who have suffered a disaster many of whom lost everything and he basically tells them "stop moaning it was nothing , you should be proud of your death toll"

So why did you use the word "Care" and why did you assume that non-Americans would stop caring? What is the link with what you just wrote?

Also a generalization means taking an anecdote about a group and using it to define a larger group. In our case considering that all Americans are republicans and that all republicans are NRA supporters. You don't want to make generalizations that's not clever particularly in that case.
I was suggesting that if things don't change and the horrendous events keep coming people will inevitably become inured.

I can't be bothered with English 101. I meant Americans as the only people able to sort this shit out.

Denis pls staph.

You’re having a mare mate. Just take a step back, you’ve made it clear that you didn’t word it very well and were misunderstood, you’re just digging a hole now.
OK. Will calm down soon unless provoked.

I was suggesting that if things don't change and the horrendous events keep coming people will inevitably become inured.

I can't be bothered with English 101. I meant Americans as the only people able to sort this shit out.

And I'm merely telling you that your lack of bother for English 101 led us to understand something totally different.

Now that everything is cleared up, we should forget about it and get back to Trump and his new found love for the NBA. Maybe it was a dig at the NFL.:lol:

Okay, so what is your answer to that question: Why should we continue to care?
I think he's trying to say that when it happens that often and nothing changes you can become desensitised to it. Another mass shooting in America. Nothing is gonna change. What can you do. Then get on with your life thinking nothing more about it.

It hasn't got there yet, at least not for me, but I can understand how people could think like that.

Personally I still think this is a massive tragedy and can't understand how this wont change things regarding gun laws. I know it wont but can't understand how it wont.

In his defense they are all lapping it up and laughing and taking vids like they are at the circus and hes the first act. If they werent impressed with it they shouldnt have egged him on.

The problem is, it's like that with any "celebrity" or controversial figure, you kinda are in disbelief/shock when it happens right in front of you as you cant really believe it's happening in front of your eyes, not much else you can do than react like a child giggling like he's just given his first love letter to his crush, it happens alot with Trump and for that matter i'm sure the same was said for Bush, the controversy/outrage comes right afterwards.

Last edited:
I think he's trying to say that when it happens that often and nothing changes you can become desensitised to it. Another mass shooting in America. Nothing is gonna change. What can you do. Then get on with your life thinking nothing more about it.

It hasn't got there yet, at least not for me, but I can understand how people could think like that.

Personally I still think this is a massive tragedy and can't understand how this wont change things regarding gun laws. I know it wont but can't understand how it wont.

There is nothing understandable about that, particularly when you know that more than half of the Americans don't support that cause. Ignoring that is not understandable or acceptable, if you feel desensitized think about the fact that a large part of the population can't vote and a large part of the voting population sees things the way you do but the political system don't allow their voice to be heard. They are victims not accomplices.

It's like he

The problem is, it's like that with any "celebrity" or controversial figure, you kinda are in disbelief/shock when it happens right in front of you as you cant really believe it's happening in front of your eyes, not much else you can do than react like a child giggling like he's just given his first love letter to his crush, it happens alot with Trump and for that matter i'm sure the same was said for Bush, the controversy/outrage comes right afterwards.
Like an above poster had said I would have thrown the paper back at him for such an insult. A man threw a shoe at President Bush and all he did was stand and chat at a podium. But instead of saying something they lap up the circus and give him reason to believe he's being cool and Trendy.

Like an above poster had said I would have thrown the paper back at him for such an insult. A man threw a shoe at President Bush and all he did was stand and chat at a podium. But instead of saying something they lap up the circus and give him reason to believe he's being cool and Trendy.
Yea I agree. If I'm at the front and his throwing it past me over my head. I'm asking him wtf is he playing at? This ain't no fecking game show.

"They owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we're going to have to wipe that out. You're going to say goodbye to that, I don't know if it's Goldman Sachs but whoever it is you can wave goodbye to that," Trump said on Tuesday in an interview with Fox News, according to a Reuters report.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/03/trump-says-puerto-ricos-debt-will-have-to-be-wiped-out.html

VigorousOffensiveAsianlion-max-1mb.gif

how is that massive?

Because it calls into question the legitimacy of the votes in those states; something Trump has been defiantly rejecting all this time. If Kushner's analytics operation in any way communicated with the Russians to tell them where to microtarget then that could be pursued potentially as treason.

how is that massive?
Well if true, the Russians basically handed Trump the election. He won those states with less than 20k votes each which is what gave him the win. Had they not interfered with fake news and targeted marketing Hillary would have win most likely. There was never any real evidence yet to show Russian hacking affecting the out come of the election. This would show just that.

how does it call into question the legitimacy of the votes?

It calls into question the entire legitimacy of the election since the narrow margins in these states were affected by a foreign influence campaign, potentially with the aid of members of the Trump campaign.

Well if true, the Russians basically handed Trump the election. He won those states with less than 20k votes each which is what gave him the win. Had they not interfered with fake news and targeted marketing Hillary would have win most likely. There was never any real evidence yet to show Russian hacking affecting the out come of the election. This would show just that.

it would show russian support and influence for one candidate. a) the united states has done that in foreign countries so many times and b) its just support, it doesnt mean there was hacking or whatever

Even if it is established beyond doubts that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in microtargeting swing states, the result of the election remains legitimate as long as there's no evidence the vote tally has been tampered with.

We have already had Fox's 'it's not a crime to collude' line trotted out quite a while ago.

it would show russian support and influence for one candidate. a) the united states has done that in foreign countries so many times and b) its just support, it doesnt mean there was hacking or whatever

Instead of obfuscating to whataboutism, its better to address the specifics of what happened here so it can be dealt with.

Even if it is established beyond doubts that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in microtargeting swing states, the result of the election remains legitimate as long as there's no evidence the vote tally has been tampered with.

We have already had Fox's 'it's not a crime to collude' line trotted out quite a while ago.

The election obviously won't be overturned, nor is that the objective. Trump's victory will however lose legitimacy among a large chunk of the population, Trump himself will go apoplectic on Twitter since he won't be want to be perceived as cheating or losing, and most importantly the truth will be out in the open.

The election obviously won't be overturned, nor is that the objective. Trump's victory will however lose legitimacy among a large chunk of the population, Trump himself will go apoplectic on Twitter since he won't be want to be perceived as cheating or losing.
After all the shit he's done, he remains at 39%.

There's very little evidence to support the theory that a substantial number of his base will be deterred by that revelation. As for the population at large, nearly half of them don't vote. And Twitter's rants from Trump are just white noise now.

His presidency can only be ended at the ballot box.

Status
Not open for further replies.