The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I go where there will be thousands of people and the US anthem will be played? I want the chance to take a knee too.

Schools, hospitals, malls, nightclubs, hotels, elevators, morgues, cafes, buses, sports events, festivals, riding schools, churches.... all with varying levels of people in attendance. Lol

I'm only half serious there. They have a weird affinity with the flag, the song, their country.

Witnessong kids in school pledge allegiance to a flag every single morning feels like it has a helluva lot of German on it. Funny people.

Ivanka and Kushner using private emails for government work.

As in the exact thing he wanted to lock Hillary up for?

This is all a joke isn't it? The whole thing? Literally everything he's criticised someone else for previously he's doing now as President and allowing his people to do too.

How the feck can it be happening?

I know we have a US cops thread, but since some of the protest stuff had seeped into this thread...

15 recent killings

- 11 settlements between police departments/cities and families of victims.

6-7 highlighted cases where total sum paid out to families exceeded $25mil!

- 2 officers pleaded/found guilty
- 8 instances of no conviction

Ivanka and Kushner using private emails for government work.

As in the exact thing he wanted to lock Hillary up for?

This is all a joke isn't it? The whole thing? Literally everything he's criticised someone else for previously he's doing now as President and allowing his people to do too.

How the feck can it be happening?

Trump does what Trump wants, Hypocrisy be Damned!

Daddy will probably want to lock her up but in a very different and inappropriate way

I'm still bemoused how she's anyway involved in a government capacity

I remember during the election when Trump said the only women he'd potentially put in his cabinet was Ivanka. Now we're a year or so on from that and he's quite literally relying on her as one of his main advisers.:lol:

I know we have a US cops thread, but since some of the protest stuff had seeped into this thread...

15 recent killings

- 11 settlements between police departments/cities and families of victims.

6-7 highlighted cases where total sum paid out to families exceeded $25mil!

- 2 officers pleaded/found guilty
- 8 instances of no conviction

This is what I was talking about wrt his protest and the current ones. I'm not saying these guys don't have good reasons to protest, but that his protest was much lonelier since he was taking a very radical stance (BLM) while now they are protesting against Trump, which is slightly more mainstream.

There's a joke about turning left somewhere...

Best post-election jokes (I might be re-posting):

the relevant one starts at 0:29

Why do they even play the national anthem before sport games?

I get it for internationals but club matches....where is the relevance? Maybe for the major events which get the most viewership from casual fans like Cup Finals, or in their case Superbowl but for the routine league games seems over the top

Heard today (Pablo Torre) that it began due to President Wilson pushing national support for WWI efforts.

I've asked this to Mrs Blaggs and she's never come up with the answer.
So to all Americans let me ask. Its a Christian country. Why do you pledge to a flag every morning? Is that not worshipping a false idol?
And why every morning. The flag is plastered almost everywhere so it's not like you're gonna forget where you're from.

Don't think this happens much, maybe in elementary school in rural parts of the nation. I haven't done this since second or third grade if memory serves.

Anyone watch ex Army Ranger and Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villenueva come out and say...while he would always stand, he would have no problems with teammates who sat or kneeled. He didn't think their act would be disrespectful or would make them unpatriotic.

Wish he had said this yesterday before the game...after all, as a current player in that locker room and vet, he has a unique insight into this.

Anyone watch ex Army Ranger and Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villenueva come out and say...while he would always stand, he would have no problems with teammates who sat or kneeled. He didn't think their act would be disrespectful or would make them unpatriotic.

Wish he had said this yesterday before the game...after all, as a current player in that locker room and vet, he has a unique insight into this.

And now has the top selling jersey in the states. We're obsessed with this nonsense.

NASCAR. Trump loves it. Ratings and attendance has been dropping like crazy there. :lol:

It's arguably the most pointless, most boring, shittiest sport around. And the fans make it more annoying and shittier than it already is.

There's always the mention around here (Georgia) that you know when a race is coming when you notice a surge in RVs, beat up pickup trucks, and crap beer sales increases.

:lol: You're 24 hours too late on that one, @Raoul beat you to it.

giphy.gif

Biggest troll in sports. Can't stand his antics.

My son was telling me just the other day that he doesn't stand for the pledge of allegiance anymore. Seems like he's been listening to me after all ;).
A few of his classmates also sit for it.
Most continue to stand with hand over heart to recite that rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.