The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politics and sport, eh!

it asks the other question of why do Americans feel the need to have the national anthem played at every sporting event? imagine god save the queen being played before every PL game. It would probably lead to people end up booing it

Not sure if true or not. Especially since up to know the protests have not been huge. Certainly things like the hurricanes this year are affecting attendance and ratings so far this season.

Streaming from un-official sources affects the ratings also.

Yeah, and the protests have been on the last games only, and no one knew for sure that the players were going to do what they did. so i doubt it means anything.

if in the next round of games the tickets sales are affected, then it would maybe mean something.

Politics and sport, eh!

it asks the other question of why do Americans feel the need to have the national anthem played at every sporting event? imagine god save the queen being played before every PL game. It would probably lead to people end up booing it
Started during WW1, then came back during WW2 at baseball games. By the end of WW2 it had become tradition and just stayed and spread to other sports.

Up until recently has not been much of an issue and most people never gave it a second thought.

So now its reported his son in law used a private email address for official White House business.

This is unbelivable stuff, you couldnt write it.

Politics and sport, eh!

Yeah, I never twigged this to be honest, seems mad to me.

There's a report on the TV right now from BBC suggesting ticket sales are severely affected from NFL players taking the knee.

If true, are the fans really that dumb?
BBC don't know shit.

Two teams have changed locations....

Rams from St. Louis to LA - fans still haven't warmed up to them (they sucked balls last season).

Chargers from San Diego to LA - there is no fan base there...and they're playing in a soccer stadium.

Attendances are fine.

BBC don't know shit.

Two teams have changed locations....

Rams from St. Louis to LA - fans still haven't warmed up to them (they sucked balls last season).

Chargers from San Diego to LA - there is no fan base there...and they're playing in a soccer stadium.

Attendances are fine.

Got it, thanks. It was actually an American guest in the BBC that was mouthing off about lower attendances as a result, which was bizzare.

Seriously? How fecking childish can a grown man be?

His last 4 out of 5 Tweets have been attacking the players and trying to prove his point was right. He's trying to belittle the original movement and start his own one now and he really doesn't care that he's completely divided the country once more. He's a despicable piece of shit.

Ugh. Somebody please stop this madness. Can we get some responsible adults in the room, please?

You can't blame the North Koreans for taking it as a declaration of war, if a world leader said what trump did it would inevitably be taken as a call to war especially considering the USA's previous conduct of preemptive strikes at a time of their choosing.

You can't blame the North Koreans for taking it as a declaration of war

I don't. Trump's statement to the UN was completely irresponsible and was just him showing off his so called strength to the world. Saying that, Kim is far from blameless. That's a huge understatement really. But my point was this is really not going to get solved, or even end well until responsible leaders around the world unify against Kim, and Trump if need be, if he doesn't grow the feck up. He thinks this is all a game, and he's trying his bully boy antics on world leaders and threatening mass genocide, but hey, at least he's not Obama, right? It's just not funny anymore, it's starting to get very scary, especially with his outrageous and very antagonistic and disrespectful remarks about Iran too.

Where can I go where there will be thousands of people and the US anthem will be played? I want the chance to take a knee too.

Best thing is to ignore him. I'd love it if someone started a movement #ignore trump. Everyone in protest removes there link to him on Twitter. Turn their backs when he is giving a speech. Don't refer to him in papers. Just refer to him as current president etc. His egomaniac head would explode!

Yeah, I never twigged this to be honest, seems mad to me.

Goes along with the pledge of allegiance every morning in school and so on.

It's almost cultish really.

Us Brits are generally not overly patriotic and those that are are usually ridiculed (at least until it's time to vote on a referendum...) so we don't really get it but Americans obsession with patriotism and the flag is scary in all honesty.

Goes along with the pledge of allegiance every morning in school and so on.

It's almost cultish really.

Us Brits are generally not overly patriotic and those that are are usually ridiculed (at least until it's time to vote on a referendum...) so we don't really get it but Americans obsession with patriotism and the flag is scary in all honesty.
It is a cult. It's indoctrination. When you have kids as young as 5 or what ever standing there pledging their allegiance it becomes second nature, they do it without thinking.

You had your chance in London yesterday. You want to push for the Aviva to get a NFL game.

Edit: go to the US embassy an kneel down by the flag pole.
Changed my mind. Will take a knee the very next time I am among thousands of people obliged to listen to US anthem whilst going about my daily business.

Shock, horror! After all, the law doesn't apply to them so this should be no surprise.

Daddy will probably want to lock her up but in a very different and inappropriate way

I'm still bemoused how she's anyway involved in a government capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.