The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NASCAR thing isn't surprising when this is the symbol of success.

636418607003272905-petty.jpg

Richard Petty may have been fantastic at going around in circles but he looks every inch the redneck, gun toting, eagle fecking Trumptard here.

How did Klopp get to the US so quickly ?

Well spotted :lol:

Richard Petty may have been fantastic at going around in circles

That's what upsets me the most about NASCAR, as a car lover I adore the cars used in the sport. The Dodge Chargers and Ford's and Skylines (not sure they use them anymore) all these beasts of a car used to drive in circles. Feck it's annoying, they should be on a real track to show what the car and driver can do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's easy and the drivers are skilled for sure, but nothing like F1 or rally drivers.

Surprisingly, he is still close to 40% in the ratings. Tells you a lot of his core support are still there for him and it might just be enough for him to get the 2nd term.

Surprisingly, he is still close to 40% in the ratings. Tells you a lot of his core support are still there for him and it might just be enough for him to get the 2nd term.

Depends who the Dems pick up as a leader, if they make the Clintonesque Mistake again then yeah a second term will happen.

TBF Iran weren't fine. I like the Iranians more than the Saudis...but, that really isn't saying much.

Iran have been displaying a very aggressive posture for years now - they're in Iraq in a very big way...we know all about Syria and of course the really big piece - Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Is it even worth mentioning the poor Yemenis getting done up the ass by the Iranians and Saudis?

What I don't go along with is the constant threat of war to subjugate and bully Iran - which actually is counterproductive to the moderates there (moderates is of course a relative term in Iran).

The Iranians would of course argue...this is our backyard - if the US can flex it;s muscles all around the world, why can't we have a say in how our backyard is being shaped.

I also have a principled issue about American foreign policy in the ME essentially being Israeli foreign policy. We have time and time again, gone against our national interests in order to advance Israeli interests.

Yea, what the hell is Iran doing in Iraq?! I mean, just 30 years ago the US incited Saddam Hussein to invade them, which caused several million casualties. Twenty years later, the US invades Iraq, leaves it in an absolute mess, and completely unstable. How fecking dare they, you know, project force INTO THEIR NEIGHBOR, that ASKED them for help, when it's THEIR NEIGHBOR.

Here is some homework for you. Tell me the last time Iran or Persia invaded someone. Now, compile the total number of wars Iran or Persia has fought, since the inception of the United States, and then compile the same list for the US.

Also, you realize that Yemen, the opposition, is being supported by Iran right? Iran is supporting the poor Yemeni's that are being bombed and murdered by their own government and the Saudis.

Holy shit, John McCain has grown some balls and a conscience. Unfortunately it grew alongside cancer. I like this new version though, I hope he stays fit and well and fights cancer as well as he fought other problems in his life.

Yea, what the hell is Iran doing in Iraq?! I mean, just 30 years ago the US incited Saddam Hussein to invade them, which caused several million casualties. Twenty years later, the US invades Iraq, leaves it in an absolute mess, and completely unstable. How fecking dare they, you know, project force INTO THEIR NEIGHBOR, that ASKED them for help, when it's THEIR NEIGHBOR.

Here is some homework for you. Tell me the last time Iran or Persia invaded someone. Now, compile the total number of wars Iran or Persia has fought, since the inception of the United States, and then compile the same list for the US.

Also, you realize that Yemen, the opposition, is being supported by Iran right? Iran is supporting the poor Yemeni's that are being bombed and murdered by their own government and the Saudis.

No need to give me a run down on the history of the middle east. My old man was a career diplomat in the State Dept. I grew up breathing international relations and politics, and also happened to have actually lived in Kuwait. I'm well aware of the Iraq-Iran conflict, who supported who, and why the Shia majority in Iraq welcome Iran taking a more 'hands on approach'.

If you want...I can go further back in Iranian history...particularly the role we played in getting rid of a leftist and very popular leader and getting the Shah back in power...all of which of course came back to bite us in the ass with the revolution in '79.

Edit: oh and I even provided the Iranian argument for involvement in the region in my original post :lol:

It is funny, when Kaepernick started the protest, he was shouted at, marginisalised, and finally left without a team when the owners seemed to decide that he wasn't worth playing. But suddenly the tide seems to have turned the other way.

Is it to do with NFL audiences being more conservative? Or just general anti-Trump feeling?

Edit: His protest was specifically about BLM. Now this could be just "the right to protest" or "Trump is bad", which are much more mainstream positions than BLM.
No...everyone watches the NFL.

White, black, bad hombre, little Sanjay, Kim and Ahmed! Gay, antifa, alt right...doesn't matter.

But, the owners are 99% old white billionaires and they aren't the most enlightened group (the NBA is a different story). But, what's happened with the NFL is...the partnership with the military.

It is very overt, very in your face and...things like the anthem and flag make us go mental as it is.

I grew up doing the pledge of allegiance in school (I went to both public and private school).

Kaep got shit because people in this country don't like black men that challenge us...we all love Ali and MLK now, but I'm sure you know what they went through at the time.

So Kaep doing his thing got twisted by the cnuts, despite him saying - I respect the military, this isn't about them.

The reason so many players and people spoke out after Trump jumped in the other day was because - he called the protestors 'sons of bitches'...a president cursing at grown men by invoking their mothers...and then asking for them to be fired.

Not to mention the narrative, these players are privileged to play in the NFL...umm no, their talent got them in the league, no one is doing them a favor.

You think degrading them doesn't hurt...listen to a player post game today.

There is nothing they won't do...people need to call these Senators and inform them - keeping Obamacare in their states and screwing the rest of the country is NOT ON.

The good news is Cruz and an unidentified other GOP Senator (probably Mike Lee) have also defected so unless something drastic changes, they will not get back on.

It is funny, when Kaepernick started the protest, he was shouted at, marginisalised, and finally left without a team when the owners seemed to decide that he wasn't worth playing. But suddenly the tide seems to have turned the other way.

Kaepernik was left without a team as he wasn't all that good. It wasn't like say Michael Vick who had a phenomenal amount of talent but needed harnessing.

There are just so many things going into this issue. Americans are just so funny about the flag and the anthem. If that gets brought into a debate it creates way too much noise.

We were watching the Olympics once, trying to decide who had the shittest anthem. Our group had maybe 18 nationalities represented in some form or other. One American. The nonsense he spouted was astonishing. They're a rare breed. (With a pretty shitty anthem)

Americans are brainwashed from an early age with ideas that their country is the greatest and the most free in the world. The pledge of allegiance is part of that.
The ever present glorification of military service is another. They're way over the top with their patriotism.
Conversely, they are not taught about the good things that a lot of developed countries have (freedoms that rival or better the ones the US have, free healthcare, free university, etc).

"Look, I love the USA, it's a great place but we need to get real here, we are NOT the greatest country on Earth and when we say that it makes us look arrogant and disrespectful to many other nations around the world"
Closest thing to this was Obama saying he believes in American exceptionalism just like a Norwegian would believe in Norwegian exceptionalism. And that was fairly controversial.

South Park's take on Trump's Twitter habit. There's also a story of Trump taunting NK in the episode leading up to this song.

Closest thing to this was Obama saying he believes in American exceptionalism just like a Norwegian would believe in Norwegian exceptionalism. And that was fairly controversial.

President Carter said it almost forty years ago. His 'Crisis of Confidence' speech resonates as much in 2017 as it did in 1979. Here is a snippet:

In a nation that was proud of hard work, strong families, close-knit communities, and our faith in God, too many of us now tend to worship self-indulgence and consumption. Human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns. But we’ve discovered that owning things and consuming things does not satisfy our longing for meaning. We’ve learned that piling up material goods cannot fill the emptiness of lives which have no confidence or purpose.

So 150 players and staff took a knee yesterday, including at the game in Washington. Fair play!

This is exactly the sort of principles based tribalism the democratic resistance to Trump's America needed. While I don't wish to use the word in any sort of belittling fashion, a token** movement for huge waves of people to get behind and show their support for, much like Trump uses "The Wall".

**When I say Token, I don't think the original or current reasons for bending the knee are in any way token, I just mean that it can be a really useful tool in showing just how many people are on the same page.

There's a report on the TV right now from BBC suggesting ticket sales are severely affected from NFL players taking the knee.

If true, are the fans really that dumb?

Not that surprised though. Every sign of his incompetence, stupidity and viciousness was present in the campaign as well so it's not like all of this bollocks should come as a surprise to anyone

There's a report on the TV right now from BBC suggesting ticket sales are severely affected from NFL players taking the knee.

This is a country that elected Trump we're talking about.

There's a number of things going on in the NFL that could be impacting ticket sales, it's next to impossible to pin it on players taking a knee.

I doubt so, NFL in general is a game best enjoyed at home with the RedZone on a big screen TV. That was the argument for falling ticket sales before this whole Kaepernick situation started.

No...everyone watches the NFL.

White, black, bad hombre, little Sanjay, Kim and Ahmed! Gay, antifa, alt right...doesn't matter.

But, the owners are 99% old white billionaires and they aren't the most enlightened group (the NBA is a different story). But, what's happened with the NFL is...the partnership with the military.

It is very overt, very in your face and...things like the anthem and flag make us go mental as it is.

I grew up doing the pledge of allegiance in school (I went to both public and private school).

Kaep got shit because people in this country don't like black men that challenge us...we all love Ali and MLK now, but I'm sure you know what they went through at the time.

So Kaep doing his thing got twisted by the cnuts, despite him saying - I respect the military, this isn't about them.

The reason so many players and people spoke out after Trump jumped in the other day was because - he called the protestors 'sons of bitches'...a president cursing at grown men by invoking their mothers...and then asking for them to be fired.

Not to mention the narrative, these players are privileged to play in the NFL...umm no, their talent got them in the league, no one is doing them a favor.

You think degrading them doesn't hurt...listen to a player post game today.

Love that he has a tee shirt supporting Kaepernick visible in his locker

#IMWITHKAP

With all the focus on Trump's comments, I also love that Kap is continuing to do all that he pledged to do.

He is continuing his Know Your Rights camps for disadvantaged kids. He is continuing to donate towards his $1m pledge - he has donated $900k so far so next month will see him realise his promise. He lists where every cent is going on his website.

So much respect for Kap for starting this movement, even if it has sadly and unjustly cost his his NFL career.

As I said earlier mate, not just the USA, the world. He's fecked the relationship with the UK, slagged off the London Mayor constantly, made Russia a huge enemy again taking us back to the cold war era. He's destroyed the progress with Cuba and set the problems back a couple of decades, has upset and offended Iran, Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, Ukraine, France, Belgium, really upset and pissed off Merkel and Germany, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Mocked ISIS to the point that that have escalated attacks around the world. He's offended Muslims and minorities at home and abroad, mocked the Palestinians and made light of their oppression and struggles. He's over simplified every single conflict in the Middle East. Oh yeah, he's really upset North Korea and he's continually spoken absolute shite about China, so much so, most are amazed they have ignored him and not retaliated. He's also clearly gone after minorities and blacks at any opportunity. He's also threatened war or destruction on a few places too.

He HAS supported Nazis and White Supremacists rights to march and protest and sent congratulatory messages to despicable people like Duerte over in the Philippines and has refused to say a bad word against Putin.

Have I forgotten anyone or anything? Surely I must have.
He has withdrawn the USA from the Paris agreement.

Not sure if true or not. Especially since up to know the protests have not been huge. Certainly things like the hurricanes this year are affecting attendance and ratings so far this season.

Streaming from un-official sources affects the ratings also.

"To kneel or not to kneel, that is the question"... facing all American sportsmen/women now. Every playing of the national anthem at sports events (or might it spread to other events?) will now become an embarrassing situation; it will be about counting those kneeling and those not kneeling, rather than a symbol of unity...only in America indeed?

The Alabama GOP senate nomination race is getting interesting. Its pitting Trump + McConnell + GOP establishment batting for Strange against Roy Moore backed by Bannon, Palin and the human scrotum, Nigel Farage. Seriously Britain, take this rat Farage out of America and do us a solid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.