Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Please god let's not make the mistake of giving RvN the permanent job if there is an upturn in results in the near future.

Shame we're now stuck with the terrible squad he's built. What a waste of the last 5 months alone.

Thank you for the trophies, but ultimately, it was time for a change. I don’t harbor any ill will towards him, unlike many others on this forum. In my view, he gave his best effort, but it simply wasn’t enough.

I wouldn’t place the blame solely on him for the situation we're in. The players share just as much responsibility as he does. Now, the big question is whether we'll suddenly transform into world-class finishers or eliminate the sloppiness from our play. That remains to be seen.

Going by our league football, he’s probably just ahead of Moyes. But when it comes to success, Ole was the worst - the only manager to win nothing with Moyes winning a community shield.

And now none of them are our manager anymore so we don't have to have these debates :)

We should’ve parted ways after the Cup win. This has been overdue after the performances over the last 12-18 months.

I feel genuinely sad. I liked him more than most. Correct decision though.

Fascinated to see who we choose to replace him. It is a poor market right now imo.
Has to be Ruben Amorim for me

We’re linked with Xabi Alonso but I doubt we’ll be able to get him.

Just please no Xavi - didn’t inspire me at all

Right decision, he had a tough go of it at times, but was given more than enough time and resources for us to be better than we are. Thanks for the trophies and good luck.

Bring Xavi in now, don’t wait until the summer.

Let’s get him on a short term contract to make sure he’s the right guy for the job before committing to him. That’s if Xavi will accept that
Xavi would be a disaster in my opinion. Most Barca players have played better since he left. And imagine trying to play Xavis possession based football with the absolute clowns we have. Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, Ugarte……my god they’d drive him demented.

Should have happened a year ago, but I'm glad it's finally done.

Now they just need to bring back Ole. :devil:

Do you think Xavi is the right manager for us or you just want someone in ??
I honestly do not know. That’s why I would like him on a short term to see what he can do. Maybe a contract until the end of the year.

I don’t want to waste another 8-9 months on an interim like RVN with the current coaching set up.

Should have got the boot a year ago. Delighted hia reign has come to an end. Madness that the fanbase allowed him to continue after the shit show of last season.

well, that took a while. Hope whoever comes next will be better for you.

I'm one of the few who, whilst understanding why so many on here are happy, disagree.

He's not been able to select a proper left back for pretty much a year and half, and the striker we brought in was a raw talent (who has also been injured a lot) when we should have brought in an experienced player to lead the line. The season when Shaw was fit and Rashford was on the left ahead of him was his best season and he's not been able to do that.

I get it that he's been given the time, but he's not had the squad needed and I don't think that's all his fault

Anyway, tis what it is and long live Ruud

Absolutely the right decision. There were valid reasons for some of the underperformance last year, but this start to the season has been inexcusable.

Thanks for the cups, I guess.

He deserved to be relieved of his duties.

But again, not for the first time, I think the players have purposefully ousted a manager knowing full well a bad result yesterday is the end of him.

Dalot and Bruno I’m looking at you both.

Thank God, it had to happen. He had an excellent first season, and, like many others, I thought he was the long term answer. However, it’s been a shambles since. He did his best, but it has been clear for a long time that it wouldn’t work. All the best to Rudd; whatever happens next, I just hope we can finally find the right man and achieve long term improvement.

Great news, finally rid of this joker.

It would be difficult for Ruud to do any worse.

I genuinely liked him a lot and don't think he was given a platform to succeed on the whole, but it's the right decision. Good luck to him in his future endeavours!

Curious to see who we get as full time coach (and how long the interim will last).

Sad, I had high hopes for him, thankful for the two trophies and a few of the signings, he should never have imploded the way he did, it's bizarre. May we improve now going forward. This is a ridiculous situation to be in.