Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Wow I've never been so shocked at such an obvious decision being made.

Excellent news for the club, he was the wrong man and things are only getting worse.

Grateful for the 2 cup wins, especially the FA Cup and a very decent first season. Wish him all the best, I only wish it had been done on the high note just after the Final in the summer.

Hopefully Ruud does well and they have a more suitable coach to bring in over the international break but if not then Ruud has my full support for as long as he's keeping the seat warm.

Right call but won’t make any difference unless certain ruthless decisions are made with regards to the playing staff

The only manager post Sir Alex that I’m disappointed that we’ve sacked. God knows what the answer is at this point.

Hallelujah!!! Give it to Ole til the end of the season.

Now get his replacement right

If we appoint Southgate I'll fecking scream, out the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind

About time.

Should have been in the summer but better now than after 3-6 months.

Thank you for the two - definitely value that. But the overall footballing vision and coaching standard was extremely disappointing.

Disappointing news.

Should have given him another week.

I mean he deserves it, but I didn't think they would do anything until they had the next one lined up, and I beleive that will be next summer.

I guess the hope is that Ruud can't do any worse.

The only downside will be if things don't improve, and Ruud is ruined in management before he really gets started.

I'll take anyone as long as it isn't Southgate. Bringing back Ole would be a silly regressive step too.

Such a shame when anyone gets sacked. Really wish he would have made it here. I wish him all the best.

Just stumbled across the headline in the Telegraph and expected a 100-page thread in here, seems they were very fast with that one!

It was coming, but Michael Oliver being the final nail in the coffin has left me feeling a bit sullied...

Was ready for it but still can't help feeling somewhat dejected now that's come to and end.

It clearly hasn't been working out for quite some time but he deserves praise fot giving us a few noteworthy moments.

Well done INEOS. You Took far too long but he’s done.

Sorry it didn’t work Ten Hag, you’re not a great head coach for the Premier League. You should’ve gone 12 months ago

And it ends with:

128 Matches
Won: 72
Drawn: 20
Lost: 36

Absolute disgrace for the money he spent.

About fecking time, wish they did it during last international break though, would have given who ever is interim time to work on different stuff with the players. But finally, I'm actually thrilled, sat in my car here happy haha(sad to say but..).

It's sad but had to happen.

Should have won yesterday easily, that's on the players, useless.

Stuck with a squad of shite signings that he signed, unless it's totally on the manager.

It shouldn't be a surprise given we just just lost to West Ham and sit in 14th place but given they'd given him this long, I sort of assumed he would get a little bit longer and the excuse of a good first half and bad VAR decision would save him from losing his job this week.

Ultimately, I think this decisions should have happened in the summer, so while I'm happy he's gone I'm also annoyed that they stuck with him for 9 games. There were more options available in the summer and Tuchel was available up until a few weeks ago. Honestly, no idea where we go next and to be honest I have no real preference for a new manager.