Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Finally! Best of luck with your next job in football Erik, but this was 100% the correct decision and not a second too soon.

I think I’m still slightly riding the wave of excitement of when we got him, he’s clearly got something about him. Aaah I’ll write my thoughts out later.

he’ll secretly be relieved. nothing he tried worked and by god did he try the one and only thing he knew for 2 and a half years. he’ll be on tv in 6 months, looking a decade younger, with a full head of hair.

The dunces in charge should have let him go after the FA cup win.

A walking disaster and one which was extended by INEOS

Shame really, when he came in I really thought he was the right man for the job. The trophies were nice but unfortunately this decision was overdue. I hope we’ve got a plan going forward.

The club kept this announcement under wraps, some positive, I suppose.

Wow

I think we all knew this was coming. Certainly the right decision.. lets not fall into the Ole trap and give Ruud the job when results inevitably bounce back.

thought it was a wum when I first saw it. But deserved to say the least.

Bummed it didn't work out, but being 3 years into a job and not having a certain style of play is plain bad. Hope he finds a decent job sooner rather than later.

Easy decision to make.

Ruud was a shrewd appointment in the summer, forced upon ETH no doubt by the senior management.

It can't be worse right? It can't be.

About fecking time, wish they did it during last international break though, would have given who ever is interim time to work on different stuff with the players. But finally, I'm actually thrilled, sat in my car here happy haha(sad to say but..).
Keep seeing this said but does it make any difference really? Most of players away with their countries, others probably take some time off so you're working with a patchwork of a squad with youth team brought in to make up the numbers. Ruud is the interim and knows them all as well as he could do anyway

Bring Xavi in now, don’t wait until the summer.

Let’s get him on a short term contract to make sure he’s the right guy for the job before committing to him. That’s if Xavi will accept that

Worst and most unlikeable manager post Fergie for me
Going by our league football, he’s probably just ahead of Moyes. But when it comes to success, Ole was the worst - the only manager to win nothing with Moyes winning a community shield.

Bring Xavi in now, don’t wait until the summer.

Let’s get him on a short term contract to make sure he’s the right guy for the job before committing to him. That’s if Xavi will accept that
Do you think Xavi is the right manager for us or you just want someone in ??

Finally some balls have been shown. Shame for Ten Hag but it had gone a year too far.

Finally. I feel like we've been in limbo for ages. I don't remember being this jaded watching our mathces. Hopefully we can start being watchable again, with something to look forward to.

I hate the fact this was dragged out for so long.

Should have done it in June and everyone walks away fine.

Should never have made it beyond the end of last season, but better late than never I guess. Hard to be optimistic anymore that we'll get the next one right, nice to have the chance again at least.

It just wasn't working. We grabbed some cups and had a couple of fantastic games that we'll all remember forever, but we also endured some historically terrible bullshit.

I still pretty much despise this squad of players but this level of failure cannot be acceptable week after week with the manager still in post.

Thanks for having a go Erik, let's all move on.

Did not see this coming, being the 2nd best bald Dutch manager in the league and all.

I feel genuinely sad. I liked him more than most. Correct decision though.

Fascinated to see who we choose to replace him. It is a poor market right now imo.

Finally! I can actually start looking forward to our games again. Bring on the Leicester game!