Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

I'm actually surprised they did it now. The last game wasn't really something that I thought would trigger it. For me it is the right decision, and at least puts an end to the constant when will they sack him saga. Really should have been at the end of last season though. Hopefully Rudd does well, but I don't want a repeat of the Ole situation where we gift him the job if he does decent this season.

images

He saw off Klopp TBF

Sent him off with no final Wembley trip too

We should’ve parted ways after the Cup win. This has been overdue after the performances over the last 12-18 months.
Agreed. It felt like the cup win bought him time (which means a one game performance trumped everything else)

The baffling thing still remains, we finished with minus goal difference. So the areas to sort out is either attack and defence depending on context. Mostly the attack here as the bigger issue was us not scoring. And we didnt address it, again. And it showed with us yesterday, against palace and right now only two teams have scored less than us in the league.

The first time I have agreed with us sacking a manager since Moyes.

Thanks for the two trophies Erik but the football was abysmal, we set new low after new low, in-game management was baffling and the system was insane.

Best news in 2 years although I hope we get someone more proven than Ruud in, even on the short term.

Weird timing, but the right decision for sure. This next appointment will be a huge measuring stick for INEOS - they'll be able to bring their own man in. I hope for them, and for us it's a good decision.

As much as I think he was long past due going, can't help but feel a bit sad that he never kicked on after the first season.

Right, well, now that that's over... Cheers for the two trophies Erik, and a couple of decent nights in-between, but ultimately it was mostly a bit shit, and it'll take a while to recycle some of the dross that's come in during his time back out of the squad.

Thanks for the cups, ETH. Sad cannot see him be succesful, but it is good time to part ways.

As someone who's been having them for about a year on here the debates about how good, bad or terrible he is are suddenly irrelevant and as such incredibly boring.

I guess we got michael oliver to thank for finally seeing the back of a manager out of his depth in the epl just like de boer was

I genuinely liked him a lot and don't think he was given a platform to succeed on the whole, but it's the right decision. Good luck to him in his future endeavours!

Curious to see who we get as full time coach (and how long the interim will last).
I feel the same. The potential was definitely there and he faced a series of difficult circumstances. I do feel that we had reached the point where it was becoming impossible to turn things around though.

Please allow me to take note of a lot of the replies so when we finally work out the players are just rubbish and we are back here in a year or 2 I can bring them up.
The point is to get a manager who knows how to sign better players. No more Anthonys.

Thanks for the FA Cup and League Cup Erik, sorry it didn't work out.

League and European form was too poor since the League Cup win and there was no progression and no uplift in his third season start so it had to be done.

Ding dong the hag is gone!

Only 6 months later than he should have been.

Should have gone out on a high after the FA Cup win, shame it dragged on as it did. It's a relief though. There is still the chance for this to be a decent season.

Always sad to see a Utd manager sacked but 100% the right decision.

2 best memories the FA Cup win and the 4-3, the bad?,too many.

I am absolutely buzzing I can't even explain it. Never in my life did I think it would get to the point of me wanting the opposition to win just to end this sooner and make us better again in the future.

As long as they make it clear to Ruud that no matter how well he does, he's 100% not our next manager I don't mind

I’ll be honest now and admit that I really thought ETH might be the one to right the ship. Rarely have I been this wrong about something. And I’m wrong about a lot of stuff. :lol:

Two and a half years, transfer budget north of half a billion pounds and countless former players signed, but he was not given a platform to succeed :lol:
People having different opinions shocker! Not disputing any of that, but the messy takeover, the Ronaldo and Greenwood situations, the ridiculous injury record last season, etc. These are things that I was mentioning. I feel that if he'd come into the club this summer, with the current structure, it would be different. But it's just my personal opinion.

And he got us 2 cups, a good first season, so yeah I liked him. Always seemed like a genuinely good guy.

I take no pleasure in seeing a man lose his job, but this is the correct decision by the club.

Back to square one, a new manager to clean out the last ones bad purchases and waste a load of money in his crap.

He deserved to be relieved of his duties.

But again, not for the first time, I think the players have purposefully ousted a manager knowing full well a bad result yesterday is the end of him.

Dalot and Bruno I’m looking at you both.
No evidence of this. Some of the players aren't/weren't good enough but to say they did it on purpose is wrong
The worst manager I've seen in my life.
Unless you're 4 years old, this is also a load of nonsense. Won 2 trophies, reached another final. One top 3 finish. Considerably better than Moyes and also achieved more than Van Gaal and Solskjaer in terms of trophies.

Only Mourinho has done a better job than him post Fergie.