Ten Hag sacked | Ruud appointed Interim Manager

Had to happen.

Played a part in two trophies, a memorable night in Barcelona and made plenty of cash for him and his son in agency fees so I guess everyone won a bit?

images

Deserves respect for stepping in at our lowest ebb when he was told by everyone that it would ruin his reputation. Won a couple of trophies with a poor and unbalanced squad but his league and European form was unacceptable and football wasn't good enough so inevitably ran out of time

Well done the players, threw yet another manager under the bus.

The manager may have been crap but that should not stop any player giving 100% every game.

Thanks for the trophies Erik. Unlucky with the circumstances, but has to be the right decision. Just hope we have a replacment lined up (that isn't called Gareth, Thomas, Frank, Sam or any other bloody english name).
Best of british luck Ruud, you're gonna need it.

Better very late than never but feck me, makes a complete mockery of what happened over the summer.

Human level, don't like to see someone lose their job.
Supporter level, obviously the correct decision has now been made.

Don’t think there is need for a human element to this, it’s not like a bus driver losing his job, he walks away with £17m not just a p45

I genuinely liked him a lot and don't think he was given a platform to succeed on the whole, but it's the right decision. Good luck to him in his future endeavours!

Curious to see who we get as full time coach (and how long the interim will last).

Given the new club structure this is surely going to be the most anticipated appointment we have made at least since Sir Alex retired.

Fascinating to see who they choose. I wonder if it'll be someone a bit left field.

He should stay away from premier league.
I see Dortmund hiring him shortly.

This was sadly inevitable, but feel sad for the guy.

Hope he finds a way to return to management soon.

Not gutted, but I agree with this sentiment. It’s very disappointing that it didn’t work out. Kind of had an air of inevitability about it after yesterday however, it became a when not if.
Oh yeah for sure!

Xavi would be a disaster in my opinion. Most Barca players have played better since he left. And imagine trying to play Xavis possession based football with the absolute clowns we have. Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, Ugarte……my god they’d drive him demented.
I want the club to transition our style of football into a possession based system. I’m fed up of transitions and counters and being dominated by everyone.

I know we don’t have the full squad to play possession and it will be painful at the outset but I think long term it will benefit us in the long term.

So Xavi now and then after some time someone else to take over and push to another level.

Has to be Ruben Amorim for me

We’re linked with Xabi Alonso but I doubt we’ll be able to get him.

Just please no Xavi - didn’t inspire me at all
Amorim is my first choice too. I don’t think we’ll get him though. I think he will hold out for the City job, particularly given when happened in the summer.

Well done the players, threw yet another manager under the bus.

The manager may have been crap but that should not stop any player giving 100% every game.

Clean slates for all.. now we can watch Rashy bust a gut the next game and Luke Shaw being magically fit again.. until they can't be arsed anymore.

Please allow me to take note of a lot of the replies so when we finally work out the players are just rubbish and we are back here in a year or 2 I can bring them up.

Has to be Ruben Amorim for me

We’re linked with Xabi Alonso but I doubt we’ll be able to get him.

Just please no Xavi - didn’t inspire me at all
Amorim or Emery, but the latter is more difficult to obtain.

ETH set us back 3 years with his stupid signings.